Production RCC-BIG2 | vertical small footprint BTO case | support for 280mm AIOs or tall air coolers

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
RCC-BIG2 is a simple and customizable BTO (build-to-order) case with traditional layout (no riser cable required).

Features of the case:
  • vertical or horizontal orientation
  • traditional layout, no riser cable
  • flexible size / volume
  • different vent hole designs to fit your taste
  • W x D x H can be adjusted to fit your components
  • open source - make your own by laser cutting or CNC - drawings available in the resources section
  • BTO case sets starting from EUR 100,- plus shipping

Last edited:

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
How thick of a radiator can fit in there?

What about having another radiator if there was just a gpu block on there.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
How thick of a radiator can fit in there?

What about having another radiator if there was just a gpu block on there.

For the 140mm rad currently up to 100mm clearance including fans, unless I decide to make the case a bit smaller.

Sure, you can use a 1 slot GPU waterblock and 15mm fans with a 30mm 240 rad for the GPU.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
just finished one sample to see if everything fits well together:

I considered slim fans for the 240mm rad, but checking the actual sample it seems you can even fit a 30mm thick rad with 25mm fans above the GPU (but still I guess slim fans might work better)

tomorrow I`ll try to do a full build in the sample and see how it turns out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
really liking this layout - no riser, no power extension cable. but not so much the visible screws on the outer shell.

what is the dimension of this case? maybe consider clear side panels (PSU side) to show off internals since airflow is front -> top?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thank you.

The case is supposed to be affordable and therefore I choose function over form. Besides, as an mechanical engineer I like screws ?

Window side panels are definitely possible with this design if there should be interest.

Airflow wise you are pretty flexible depending if you go for water or air. For the test build I made the front fan intake and exhaust to bottom and rear. GPU intakes from the top and exhausts to the sides.

Size is currently ca. 280 x 180 x 260 mm

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I am working on a major re-design to make the case compatible with some more powerful hardware and bigger graphics cards while remaining a small footprint.

new specs I am planning for:
  • Vertical orientation: 173 x 250mm small footprint
  • Graphics Card: up to 3 slots (65mm) and up to 330mm long
  • Supports 280mm AIOs / RADs up to 80mm thick (e.g. 30mm rad with push/pull fan configuration)
  • Supports up to 146mm tall CPU air coolers
  • Supports up to three 140mm fans
  • SFX and SFX-L power supply
  • Storage: only M.2
let me know what you think :)

Last edited:

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
That looks neat. I feel that the fact it is able to accomodate large 6800 series cards like the Red Devil without a riser, whilst cooling the higher TDP AMD chips that are all the rage at the moment would position the case well. The layout seems more optimised to me when compared to the earlier versions.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Could you please post a computer rendering (or an actual build) showing non-watercooled/max air cooling configuration (with a SFX PSU, ~130mm tower air cooler, 3x140mm fans )? Thanks.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
thank you :)

my original case design was meant for reference graphics cards but I realized it is almost impossible to get one of those. And obviously the trend of AIB cards currently is: bigger is better. No matter AMD or NVIDIA, most partner cards are longer than 300mm and also pretty thick.

The new case design is certainly not the smallest in volume but offers more compatibility, and hey its called BIG2

Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I am working on a major re-design to make the case compatible with some more powerful hardware and bigger graphics cards while remaining a small footprint.

new specs I am planning for:
  • Vertical orientation: 173 x 250mm small footprint
  • Graphics Card: up to 3.5 slots (65mm) and up to 330mm long
  • Supports 280mm AIOs / RADs up to 80mm thick (e.g. 30mm rad with push/pull fan configuration)
  • Supports up to 146mm tall CPU air coolers
  • Supports up to three 140mm fans
  • SFX and SFX-L power supply
  • Storage: only M.2
let me know what you think :)

pretty interesting, it feels like the vertical-C4 to me - takeaway volume for dual slim fans up 'top' but added volume front (for fans) and back (cable exits).

this is still classic layout right?

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Could you please post a computer rendering (or an actual build) showing non-watercooled/max air cooling configuration (with a SFX PSU, ~130mm tower air cooler, 3x140mm fans )? Thanks.

Here a render with the Noctua NH-D9 (you could hook three fans on that cooler in this orientation). I think if you go for a tower cooler, one exhaust fan on top might be enough.

If you go for something like the NH-C14, the 3-case-fan configuration might make more sense. Not sure, still have to test it....

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
pretty interesting, it feels like the vertical-C4 to me - takeaway for volume for dual slim fans up 'top' but added volume front (for fans) and back (cable exits).

this is still classic layout right?

But isn't the C4 sandwich layout? The BIG2 is still "classic" (w/o riser cable), which adds quite some volume to the case. My idea was to use that space for the 280mm AIO plus fans so it's not totally wasted. :p

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
But isn't the C4 sandwich layout? The BIG2 is still "classic" (w/o riser cable), which adds quite some volume to the case. My idea was to use that space for the 280mm AIO plus fans so it's not totally wasted. :p
the C4 supports both classic and sandwich - this is one of its selling point 😁 by my napkin math, BIG2 will be in the 15-16L range?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
the C4 supports both classic and sandwich - this is one of its selling point 😁 by my napkin math, BIG2 will be in the 15-16L range?

Oh, I'm really not up to date 😅

You are definitely an SFF expert! Exactly 16L 😃

if I decrease the I/O clearance below the case for the cables I would come under 15L but would have to include some elbow adapters. Decreasing GPU height and thickness a bit would be close to 14L. Not sure 2L difference would be worth the limitations.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Oh, I'm really not up to date 😅

You are definitely an SFF expert! Exactly 16L 😃

if I decrease the I/O clearance below the case for the cables I would come under 15L but would have to include some elbow adapters. Decreasing GPU height and thickness a bit would be close to 14L. Not sure 2L difference would be worth the limitations.
that's a given for vertical cases - unless you go the Velka's route: rotate the motherboard and folding riser 45 degree to have all I/O pointing towards the back, said volume is unavoidable.

16L is still a fair bit smaller than the NR200 and being vertical it only has to compete with the H1 - which I think this will win hands down in terms of compatibility & cooling performance 👍

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@tinyitx

here is another render with the NH-C14S. I think this might be the best suited high performance air cooler for this case.

with this cooler I would probably make all case fans exhaust. top fan would help to get rid of GPU's hot air and side fans would help the CPU cooler. Fresh air can enter from the front (for GPU) and bottom/rear (for CPU). If you would prefer to make the side fans intake you can also flip the PSU 180 degrees.

Last edited: