Production RCC-BIG1 | vertical small footprint 13L SFF case | supports 300mm 2.5 Slot GPUs and NH-L12S

pazoo

Caliper Novice
Dec 25, 2015
Nice case. I like the industrial design of your line up.

Since the covers are already separated, I was wondering if you could make a version of the RCC-BIG1 with separate compartments for the CPU/SFX part, and the GPU part.
This would isolate the heat, and would also let the GPU breath on both sides (usefull if the 3000 series cooling style become more common).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Nice case. I like the industrial design of your line up.

Since the covers are already separated, I was wondering if you could make a version of the RCC-BIG1 with separate compartments for the CPU/SFX part, and the GPU part.
This would isolate the heat, and would also let the GPU breath on both sides (usefull if the 3000 series cooling style become more common).

Thank you.

The case is already split in two separate compartments for GPU and CPU. And if you are OK to have an external power brick paired with my GxG-ONE Plugin Power Supply you can even but a thick 80mm rad plus additional fan inside for cooling the CPU. A lot of possibilities if you stress your imagination a bit and think outside the box. ;)

Due to the modular design I am also able to offer customized side covers. E.g. a optimized side cover for the RTX3080 if someone would like to put that card into my case...

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
This is a really nice looking design. I somehow wish this was the CPU-centered one.

Somehow it makes it more impressive (impressive to me, the noob :p), that the MID1 is smaller and on top of that is has really good air CPU cooling support.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
This is a really nice looking design. I somehow wish this was the CPU-centered one.

Somehow it makes it more impressive (impressive to me, the noob :p), that the MID1 is smaller and on top of that is has really good air CPU cooling support.

As requested by PM, here some details if you want to go custom loop with the BIG1:

What you need
  • a CPU Pump Head with max 65mm height
  • a 80mm rad & fan
  • the GxR-ONE PLUGIN with BRICKMOD500 Power Solution
  • the BIG1 RADBRACKET80
  • optional: max. 50mm x 140mm Res
Clearance for Rad and Fan with a Res: ca. 60mm

Clearance for Rad and Fan w/o a Res: ca. 120mm

Clearance for Res: max 50mm x 140mm

A suitable 80mm Radiator:

A suitable CPU Pump Head:

GxR-ONE 500W complete Set:

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
Due to the modular design I am also able to offer customized side covers. E.g. a optimized side cover for the RTX3080 if someone would like to put that card into my case...
hi, I'm interested, as some models such as the Asus TUF are below 300mm lenght.
I guess it poses the challenge to maintain aesthetics consistency between the two side panels.
By the way, dope case.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
hi, I'm interested, as some models such as the Asus TUF are below 300mm lenght.
I guess it poses the challenge to maintain aesthetics consistency between the two side panels.
By the way, dope case.

Probably have to re-design both panels. But first I'd like to see how it works with the current version. Unfortunately it's impossible to get a RTX3080 here so maybe for the first time in over two decades I might switch to team red in October given they have a similar performance /TDP...

Last edited:

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
As the GPU fans do not face the side panels, would cutouts really help with the airflow ?

About GPU choice , yeah at this stage it is more reasonable to wait for Big Navi comparative tests and hope their launch is smoother.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
As the GPU fans do not face the side panels, would cutouts really help with the airflow ?

About GPU choice , yeah at this stage it is more reasonable to wait for Big Navi comparative tests and hope their launch is smoother.

With the GTX1080 and RTX2080S I used for testing during development of the case orientation didn't make a difference in temps. More slots also didn't improve thermals as the limiting factor were the heatsinks of these cards, not the airflow in the case. For example I have compared reviews / GPU thermal tests of the H1 and I found the BIG1 would perform better in most scenarios.

With >250W TDP cards additional vent slots on the right and left side might be necessary. But for this I would need a card to test and verify.

At least for FE cards I believe the BIG1 should be able to perform not too bad as it is, given the graphics card has enough clearance on all sides to be able to breathe, other than the H1:

Last edited:
Reactions: lasek

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
How to install the GxR-ONE in BIG1

1) Route the GxR-ONE as shown below

2) Mount your MOBO, plug in the GxR ONE to the 24p and 8P (CPU) header

3) Route the cables for your SATA drive(s) from the back to the GxR ONE unit

4) Install your GPU and plug in the 6/8 PIN power connectors

5) After assembling the covers you can route the DC input cables from the back of the case

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
with the GxR-ONE power solution it is now possible to build a custom loop watercooled BIG1 ?

Previously you have posted tests/thermals of a 2080 Super / 3800X. Did this water-cooled setup had same components? Did you check thermals?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Previously you have posted tests/thermals of a 2080 Super / 3800X. Did this water-cooled setup had same components? Did you check thermals?

Using a very cheap 25mm aluminum rad and 10mm thick fan (as in the picture) I got ΔT= 55°C during stress test and ΔT= 40°C during gaming with the 3800X. Not impressive, but if you go for some good rad e.g. from Alphacool and a Noctua fan you should see much better results. Limiting PPT and undervolting is also a good way to improve thermals without sacrificing too much performance - and it costs no money.

pigeonJohn

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2020
Hey, just wanted to say I'm a huge fan of your case. The wind tunnel is such a unique way of handling cooling, especially since it allows the case to have more solid panels rather than entirely vented panels like the NZXT H1. For me, the design really stands out when comparing the two cases. The recent post showing a 3080 FE has really motivated me, and I find myself looking at this case for my next build.

If you are willing, I'd like to ask you a couple questions before I make a decision:

1. Are there any plans to revise the case within the next several months? If a revision is expected, I'd prefer to see what design changes are in the works before committing to a build. In all likelihood, I'd still get the current version, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first since I plan to stuff a 3080 in this myself.

2. I notice the power button is red in the demonstration video and images floating around. Do you provide other color options? If not, would you be able to recommend a provider for replacement options? I see the button has a separate connection at the bottom of the case, so I'm wondering how difficult it would be to get a replacement.

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your great work!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hey, just wanted to say I'm a huge fan of your case. The wind tunnel is such a unique way of handling cooling, especially since it allows the case to have more solid panels rather than entirely vented panels like the NZXT H1. For me, the design really stands out when comparing the two cases. The recent post showing a 3080 FE has really motivated me, and I find myself looking at this case for my next build.

If you are willing, I'd like to ask you a couple questions before I make a decision:

1. Are there any plans to revise the case within the next several months? If a revision is expected, I'd prefer to see what design changes are in the works before committing to a build. In all likelihood, I'd still get the current version, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first since I plan to stuff a 3080 in this myself.

2. I notice the power button is red in the demonstration video and images floating around. Do you provide other color options? If not, would you be able to recommend a provider for replacement options? I see the button has a separate connection at the bottom of the case, so I'm wondering how difficult it would be to get a replacement.

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your great work!

Thank you. Glad to hear you like the design.

Short side note: the Reddit post with the RTX3080FE build from HI9 brought me two new orders and both customers opened a PayPal dispute, claiming they were not able to assemble the case. Without even asking me for support or help during their build. That being said: I do not recommend the BIG1 to any SFF beginners. The screws for the side panels are indeed a bit difficult to assemble but it is not impossible. Having that unique design and no any visible screws comes at a cost.

Back to your questions:

1) I am currently making some window panels for the GPU side. I expect to have them ready in 2 weeks and will offer them as an optional upgrade. Apart from that I am not planning updates in the near future.

2) I can send you another LED color. No problem.

pigeonJohn

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2020
Thank you. Glad to hear you like the design.

Short side note: the Reddit post with the RTX3080FE build from HI9 brought me two new orders and both customers opened a PayPal dispute, claiming they were not able to assemble the case. Without even asking me for support or help during their build. That being said: I do not recommend the BIG1 to any SFF beginners. The screws for the side panels are indeed a bit difficult to assemble but it is not impossible. Having that unique design and no any visible screws comes at a cost.

Back to your questions:

1) I am currently making some window panels for the GPU side. I expect to have them ready in 2 weeks and will offer them as an optional upgrade. Apart from that I am not planning updates in the near future.

2) I can send you another LED color. No problem.

Thanks for the info! It's cool that you can provide other LED colors, and I'll definitely keep an eye out for those window options. I'm still waiting for GPU options to restock, so I probably won't be grabbing a case until after the holidays anyway.

As for experience, I'm fairly new to SFF, but I've worked in a handful of ITX cases over the last year and I feel reasonably confident in my ability to work in this case. Between your prototype video, the review from TechLens, and available support, I think I can work my way through the process well enough.

Looking forward to your next update on the panels!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thanks for the info! It's cool that you can provide other LED colors, and I'll definitely keep an eye out for those window options. I'm still waiting for GPU options to restock, so I probably won't be grabbing a case until after the holidays anyway.

As for experience, I'm fairly new to SFF, but I've worked in a handful of ITX cases over the last year and I feel reasonably confident in my ability to work in this case. Between your prototype video, the review from TechLens, and available support, I think I can work my way through the process well enough.

Looking forward to your next update on the panels!

Sounds good and I'm glad you already looked up all available info on the case.

As TechLens said: it's a pain to get the side panels assembled but it's worth the trouble if you appreciate the looks of the case.

And if you should run into some real trouble during your build I'm happy to help. ;)

Last edited:

pigeonJohn

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2020
Sounds good and I'm glad you already looked up all available info on the case.

As TechLens said: it's a pain to get the side panels assembled but it's worth the trouble if you appreciate the looks of the case.

And if you should run into some real trouble during your build I'm happy to help. ;)

Much appreciated! The side panel assembly issue really doesn't look like a deal breaker to me.

A couple other items that came to mind:

1. I see you specify limited support for a 140x15mm top mounted fan, but the clearance spec sheet on your website mentions 120x15mm as the recommended fan. Adding to this, every build I've seen has used a 120x15mm fan. Is there a distinct reason for this, or are both options effective?

2. Does the current product include the PSU extension cable needed for this build? TechLens mentioned this was expected to be included in future sales to avoid concerns over users hunting down a combatable option, but I haven't found this stated anywhere on your website. Sorry if this information is listed and I missed it.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Much appreciated! The side panel assembly issue really doesn't look like a deal breaker to me.

A couple other items that came to mind:

1. I see you specify limited support for a 140x15mm top mounted fan, but the clearance spec sheet on your website mentions 120x15mm as the recommended fan. Adding to this, every build I've seen has used a 120x15mm fan. Is there a distinct reason for this, or are both options effective?

2. Does the current product include the PSU extension cable needed for this build? TechLens mentioned this was expected to be included in future sales to avoid concerns over users hunting down a combatable option, but I haven't found this stated anywhere on your website. Sorry if this information is listed and I missed it.

Unless you have really big hands it's really not that much of an issue. And even then there is an easy workaround: just mount the case fan bracket after side panel installation.

1) 140mm fan compatibility is limited to slim (13 or 15mm) fans with 120mm fan mounting hole pattern. As far as I know there are only two options: one from Prolimatech and one from Thermalright. Both work fine with the case. side note: the 140mm fan can only be mounted with two screws, not four (therefore I call it limited compatibility). This isn't really an issue but due to better availability most people go for the Noctua.

2) yes, the AC pigtail cable is included now. What you still need to get is an 90 degree elbow HDMI pigtail cable and for ease of use I recommend getting some small USB hub. but I can also include these with your purchase for a small fee.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Going to send the window panels out for anodizing today. I think these should work fine with the RTX3080FE.

Last edited: