Press Release: When an article is marked as such, it is posted verbatim from a Manufacturer’s text, and does not reflect the views or opinions of SFF.Network.   
Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced the Razer Viper Mini Signature Edition, the epitome of gaming mouse technology. Built as a result of years of meticulous craftsmanship and engineering, the Viper Mini Signature Edition is an ultra-high-end, hyper-lightweight wireless performance gaming mouse that is turbocharged with Razer’s best-in-class technologies.
Engineered for the gamers that dare to want it all, the Viper Mini Signature Edition is the pinnacle of gaming mouse performance. Weighing an astonishing 49 grams, gamers can experience true perfection with a master-grade gaming peripheral packed with our best-in-class technologies, all in one perfect form.

Continue reading...

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Less mouse for more $$! XD
Same way with high end dining and women’s fashion.

Although it does have more features that the other notable mouse in the Uber lightweight Uber expensive mouse class, the zaukonig

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
My understanding is that the non signature edition will be more in line with the Viper V2 Pro and Deathadder V3 Pro pricing. I would assume that the magnesium alloy body is what drives that price up and the normal edition will have a polymer body, but that's just speculation on my part.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
My understanding is that the non signature edition will be more in line with the Viper V2 Pro and Deathadder V3 Pro pricing. I would assume that the magnesium alloy body is what drives that price up and the normal edition will have a polymer body, but that's just speculation on my part.

The other notable magnesium body mouse, the FinalMouse series has much more intricate machining and finishing--and is 33% cheaper in the USA.

Last edited:

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
If they went with a manufacturing process like thixomolded magnesium, they could conceivably create a cost efficient design that works well with larger volume manufacturing. A nice topologically optimized polymer inner structure to transfer sheer loads between the shell and the base plate would also help minimize mass while maintaining good levels of rigidity and keep the bill of materials low.

The convenience of the Logitech PowerPlay mat, where I don't need to worry about battery life with a wireless mouse (except for the times I use the mouse off of the mouse pad, of course), is also a very nice to have. I would love to see Razer pick the Hyperflux wireless power mouse pad back up to compete.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Razer be like: $279 PLUS our uber-intrusive, always need to be logged in, horrific drivers and the fact it will completely stop working within 3 months! What a deal!

Reactions: thelaughingman

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Razer be like: $279 PLUS our uber-intrusive, always need to be logged in, horrific drivers and the fact it will completely stop working within 3 months! What a deal!
Small kudos where due, at least the mouse comes with optical switches that won’t develop double clicking in short order.

Reactions: Phuncz

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
The other notable magnesium body mouse, the FinalMouse series has much more intricate machining and finishing--and is 33% cheaper in the USA.
It is true that the Starlight 12 has more intricate machining, and I know this is subjective, but the paint on them just makes them look kind of cheesy. I am not really trying to justify the price of this Signature Edition, was more just tossing out an idea of why maybe Razer thought they could price it that high. I actually am a fan of Razer mice, even have a couple of the more expensive models like the Viper V2 Pro, but the price on this thing is just silly and I would absolutely never consider buying it. I just want a reasonably priced version with a plastic shell.