Cooling Quiet 50mm fans??

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
I know 50mm fans are usually loud but are there any cheap and quiet ones I need some for a sff system super small and 50mm is the biggest size that can work without ruining the sleeper astetic of my build

If you guys know of any smaller cheaper and quieter fans that would be fine to

Last edited by a moderator:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I use Cooler Master 80mm slim fan. Max speed is at 2200 RPM. About $10?

They can be quiet but only until 1200 - 1300 RPM. Higher than and it starts to get noisy.

Edit: quite sure the thread title was 80mm.. Never mind I'll just leave this answer here.

Last edited:

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
I use Fractal Designs 50mm fans, the wire is long and they're very tolerable, plus the blades are white.

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
I use Fractal Designs 50mm fans, the wire is long and they're very tolerable, plus the blades are white.
do you know the exact volume in decibels?

i looked up the fans definitely some good ones especially for the price thanks for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
I have decided on the fractal design 50mm fans there less than 6$ there quiet and not to mention they give good airflow only downside is there white but with my build you shouldn’t be able to see them anyway

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
I had mine two side tapped to a NB heatsink, worked great. putting a 7v adapter also reduces them even further, but they'd need no restriction when pulling/pushing air.