Cooling Quick release fittings

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 22, 2018
I want to use some quick release fittings on my next build.

Looking at QD3’s from Koolance and my wallet started crying.

So I started looking around and found these that are available locally for around half the price.

Linky

These are designed with high pressure systems, but I would assume (and hence the open question) that they could also be used for low pressure systems like a watercooling loop?

I have been scratching my head trying to compare them to the QD3 fittings reviewed here: Linky2

The data sheet has values in BAR and LPM for the connectors and I think they are better, but I could be mistaken.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

wiretap

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2017
That datasheet is pretty much useless for trying to compare, since it isn't high enough resolution to see the lower flow rates and pressure drops. You're wanting to look at 7.5 liters/min (2GPM) versus pressure drop in PSI (1 bar = 14.5 psi). That is covered in the first dozen or so pixels of the datasheet graph, not even viewable with meaningful insight.

Indeed they could be used, and they would probably work just fine for watercooling. (you'd have to find the correct BSP fittings) However, they may leak with water since they are designed for use with a petroleum product. The biggest problem with quick disconnect fittings is leaking, and spilling fluid when disconnecting. I've found the QD4's work best with no leaks during operation, and only about a drop of fluid being released when disconnecting. I use them on my primary gaming PC.

Reactions: Goatee

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 22, 2018
I have one and its really nicely made. Will test in a loop to see how restrictive it is and if it leaks.4