Questions Prior to First Build

dao

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 15, 2018
Hi. I'm preparing for my first build and have started getting parts in, but I think I may have made a bad choice in graphics cards. After more research, it seems many folks suggest blower cards and I ended up ordering an EVGA GTX 1070 SC2. If I goofed, I'm still in the window to return/swap it if necessary. The PSU may need to be larger too. Here's a list of what I have below. In my search for parts, I ran across the NCASE M1 and fell in love with the looks and size so decided to go that route. Oh, I don't live and breathe the latest games, but I will be doing video editing. I've researched and read, but I haven't found anyone using these parts exactly...hence my question. Here are the parts:

Case: NCASE M1 (silver)
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-U9S w/ extra NF-A9 fan
MB: ASUS X470-I ROG STRIX 8GB
RAM: G. Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 2x8GB (F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX)
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC2
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (more later)
PSU: Corsair SF450

I wan't a quiet and well cooled system...don't want to risk killing my CPU or GPU. I'm wondering if the SC2 will be okay with its stock fans or whether I need to use an Arctic Accelero or go with another GPU entirely. Also, will the SF450 be enough for the system? Thank you.

dao

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
You're fine with the SC2. Plenty of people use open cooler cards in the M1, and the 1070 isn't really that power hungry anyway, so it shouldn't really be a problem. Likewise with the PSU.

Reactions: dao

dao

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 15, 2018
You're fine with the SC2. Plenty of people use open cooler cards in the M1, and the 1070 isn't really that power hungry anyway, so it shouldn't really be a problem. Likewise with the PSU.

Thank you. That is great to hear. I'm very relieved.