Cooling Pure Rock LP 45mm

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 21, 2018

With 3 6mm heatpipes, do we finally have a challenger to the Noctua NH-L9? It is 6mm taller, but should fit in most builds.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 21, 2018
A quick look as to where these fit and larger coolers don't:

Skyreach 4 Mini/Tiny
Dreamcase D19/D21/D26

Some cases that use Flex PSU's are too narrow for this (like the Densium 4/4+) but Dreamcases are a bit wider. You also get the option of slapping a 25mm fan on top and running it inside of cases like the Dan 4 H2O with 55mm max. At that height, there are better options but this should have 0 compatibility issues.

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
With 3 6mm heatpipes, do we finally have a challenger to the Noctua NH-L9? It is 6mm taller, but should fit in most builds.
Hi, I usually follow rather seduced by the Thermalright "AXP-90R Full Copper" type heatsinks and its slight "AXP90-X47 Full Copper" refresh (even Full Copper Black) on the "X300M-STX" motherboard of the ASRock DeskMini X300, this new "be quiet! Pure Rock LP 45mm" looks great in any case much more than the puny Noctua NH-L9 that we can see too often for my taste.

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Arrggghhhh, when will they learn to stop orienting the airflow towards the ram sticks on the amd platform !
why are you only bashing AMD? CPU cooler design has nothing to do with what platform it is on do you know how much room the heat pipes would take near the socket is damm near impossible on itx be you have the i/o and ram on the other side but cooler that doesn't just blow towards the RAM and I/O do exist they are called round cooler top-down or passive coolers are some examples

1670164799852.png 1670165176490.png 1670165305349.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HydrAxx747

DwarfLord

Average Stuffer
Oct 13, 2018
why are you only bashing AMD? CPU cooler design has nothing to do with what platform it is on do you know how much room the heat pipes would take near the socket is damm near impossible on itx be you have the i/o and ram on the other side but cooler that doesn't just blow towards the RAM and I/O do exist they are called round cooler top-down or passive coolers are some examples

Uh ? Where did I bash AMD ? oO
I'm bashing the cooler design where the specific parts for the AMD platform makes it impossible to turn the cooler 90°.
And I don't understand what you're talking about : at least this cooler and the NH-L9i (which are perfectly square) CAN be turned 90° with the correct parts (I've done it on my personnal rig by manufacturing the right parts).

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer