PSU Custom Sleeving Saftey Question

CarbonVirus

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 6, 2016
So I recently began custom sleeving my PSU cables due to the limited space in my DAN-A4 and came up with a possible way to secure the paracord I'm using in the molex pin crimp.
The issue is, I need to know if paracord stands a chance of being damaged/igniting due to electrical current contact; I'm using a strand of thin wire to hold the paracord in place whilst I crimp the pin.
I'm aware that paracord is both flammable and will melt (it's nylon after all) but I'm unsure if electrical contact will have an adverse affect on the paracord.
Thanks in advance!

GreatestUnKnown

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 30, 2016
Hot glue could be used to hold the password to the wire being sleeved then crimped and easily removed once the connection is secure.

I am still slightly confused on what you are asking exactly but 550cord is noncunductive so unless you are having serious PSU issues the risk of paracord igniting is low.

Reactions: SeñorDonut

TheDreamingMonk

Average Stuffer
Sep 17, 2016
No you will not ignite the paracord. Not nearly high enough voltage to even think about that. And even then, you'd essentially have to be shorting it out to start anything.

Quite frankly, I'd save the hassle and just melt the paracord around the base of the crimp. Easier than trying to crimp it in.

Reactions: SeñorDonut