NCASE M1 V6 info

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
With the opening up of the bottom ventilation is there any potential for 140mm fans in the bottom of the case?

Technically 328mm x 160mm would suggest 2 x 140mm fans are possible, although I'm unsure of any case mounts/screws or components that may obstruct this, but the ability to mount 140mm fans and potentially 280mm AIO's on the side would be a big improvement - is this possible or is there simply not enough room for this in the case?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
With the opening up of the bottom ventilation is there any potential for 140mm fans in the bottom of the case?

Technically 328mm x 160mm would suggest 2 x 140mm fans are possible, although I'm unsure of any case mounts/screws or components that may obstruct this, but the ability to mount 140mm fans and potentially 280mm AIO's on the side would be a big improvement - is this possible or is there simply not enough room for this in the case?
So for the bottom of the case the issue is the side panel clips. They leave a little bit less than 140mm across the width of the case, making 140mm fan compatibility something of a crapshoot. Nevertheless, I've included mounting slots for 140mm fans on V6 so you're free to experiment. Lengthwise there's enough space for two.

As for 280 rads, that's an impossibility with the current dimensions. They typically measure around 312-320mm, and the side mount only allows for up to around 290mm.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
So for the bottom of the case the issue is the side panel clips. They leave a little bit less than 140mm across the width of the case, making 140mm fan compatibility something of a crapshoot. Nevertheless, I've included mounting slots for 140mm fans on V6 so you're free to experiment. Lengthwise there's enough space for two.

As for 280 rads, that's an impossibility with the current dimensions. They typically measure around 312-320mm, and the side mount only allows for up to around 290mm.
Makes sense, thanks for the reply, and good to hear the mounts will be there anyway!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Sff Labs now has the v6 option, although not yet available does that mean we will be hearing official specs soon?
I do want to make sure everything is 100% good to go before announcing the full spec list. As it is, right now it looks like the lead time on the tooling will be longer than we expected, so it's unlikely V6 will make it for June availability as I'd previously said.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
I read Power Suply Compatibility and Corsair SF600 isn't listed, is compatible with NCASE?

What temps have a AMD 2700X with Noctua NH-C14? and with AIO Corsair H100i?

Thanks for your help

Regards!!!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Well, seems like the V6 is out and possible to buy. Price... 330 USD!!! @Necere can you confirm is this is BS or true?
V6 is definitely not available. It's not even scheduled for production yet. I don't know why that site is listing V6 (or the M1 at all); SFFLab is the exclusive retailer for the M1. Judging by that markup, they may have just bought some for resale.

Reactions: JaPeMo

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I know the preorder date starts around mid-june but when would we be able to expect the product to be shipped after production is complete?
Probably within a week of the end of production.

Edison

Minimal Tinkerer
May 4, 2019
I've never been in favor of a window for the M1, but w360 may decide to offer one. We're adding some screw holes on the chassis that could support a full window, at least.
hi,@Necere Can you provide the side panel size? I want to design my acrylic side panels for v6.

There is also a suggestion: Can the fan bracket on the left side panel be mounted vertically on the right side panel? Also install the power supply on the left side. In this way, when the glass side panel is installed, the fan of the right side panel can discharge the hot air well.