NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
hi,@Necere Can you provide the side panel size? I want to design my acrylic side panels for v6.

There is also a suggestion: Can the fan bracket on the left side panel be mounted vertically on the right side panel? Also install the power supply on the left side. In this way, when the glass side panel is installed, the fan of the right side panel can discharge the hot air well.
The side panels are 240.3 x 315mm.

The fan bracket is much longer than the case is tall, so mounting it vertically wouldn't be possible.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Any update on the new timeframe for V6?
I'm still sorting out the front I/O with LL. I'm trying to get it as compact as possible to improve compatibility with longer cards that impinge on the third slot. Even though we won't be initially shipping with front I/O, the case will include the bracket (which also holds the power button), and the ports and bracket need to be designed to work together.

Once that's done, we'll order another prototype, I'll check it, and if it passes I'll give the OK for production.

Reactions: JaPeMo and madmax

roxB

What's an ITX?
Jun 13, 2019
The side panels are 240.3 x 315mm.

The fan bracket is much longer than the case is tall, so mounting it vertically wouldn't be possible.
Would it be possible to have a 120/140 mm fan bracket that is installed on the right side panel next to the motherboard and push the psu mounting bracket closer to the left side panel? It would be cool if we could get a radiator in there for the cpu while maintaining the window aesthetic.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Would it be possible to have a 120/140 mm fan bracket that is installed on the right side panel next to the motherboard and push the psu mounting bracket closer to the left side panel? It would be cool if we could get a radiator in there for the cpu while maintaining the window aesthetic.
Won't work without a lot of redesigning, unfortunately.

You can still use a 92mm rad on the rear mount with the window, though you're probably better off with a U9S.

Fade

Case Bender
New User
Jun 13, 2019
I'm still sorting out the front I/O with LL. I'm trying to get it as compact as possible to improve compatibility with longer cards that impinge on the third slot. Even though we won't be initially shipping with front I/O, the case will include the bracket (which also holds the power button), and the ports and bracket need to be designed to work together.

Once that's done, we'll order another prototype, I'll check it, and if it passes I'll give the OK for production.
With that in mind, best case scenario what kind of time line are we looking at.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I just logged on today to look into upgrading from my Nouvolo Steck to the M1 in preparation for the upcoming Ryzen 9 3950X in September. The main impetus behind this is my X470 ITX motherboard recently bit the dust and I have been contemplating acquiring ASUS' upcoming X570 Crosshair VIII Impact which would take advantage of the M1's added space. If I may, I have a couple questions about it:
Even though we won't be initially shipping with front I/O
Are we to understand then that the front I/O (USB, audio jacks) will no longer be included by default with the M1? If so, looking to the immediate alternative, is there any remaining stock of V5 units or has all V5 stock reserves been fully exhausted at this point?

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Are we to understand then that the front I/O (USB, audio jacks) will no longer be included by default with the M1? If so, looking to the immediate alternative, is there any remaining stock of V5 units or has it been fully exhausted at this point?
Just the first batch that will be available only without front I/O, so we don't have to wait on the tooling. Later we may offer both with and without I/O, though that depends on what w360 wants to do.

There are no V5s left.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Gotcha. I edited my post introduction midstream. The bottom line is my X470 board died so the next board I get in the next few weeks will largely depend on the case I use to house it. If there were even the most remote case that I could get the V6 without I/O by the end of July (absolute worst case that I would accept for my current desktop-less situation) and add the I/O modules later, that would do the trick for me. As it is, I am bummed since I don't think I want to sacrifice not having a desktop for too long if it means waiting on V6 units into August.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, I wouldn't tell you to wait - I can't guarantee you'd have it before August, especially factoring in shipping time. Things are progressing though, and I think we'll have a better idea of what the schedule looks like in a week or two. I just don't want to rush things and end up with mistakes that will be costly to fix and have people pissed at us, so it's important to take the time to do things right.

Sike

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2019
Hello guys,
I really want this case for my hackintosh but I was wondering if v6 could fit a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64.

Do you guys think it will fit?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello guys,
I really want this case for my hackintosh but I was wondering if v6 could fit a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64.

Do you guys think it will fit?
Dimension: 310(L)X133(W)X 54(H) mm

Doesn't look like it. 54mm is ~2.7 slots, and anything over 2.2 slots (~44mm) will run into the front I/O at the bottom if the card is over 280mm long.

lekien

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 16, 2019
I've been waiting for the case to be available for preorder for a while. But seems like, it's not gonna be out in mid June as it was scheduled on sfflab. I really need a V6 in order to complete my build by the end of August since I already ordered all the other parts and will be moving to another country in Sep. Do you think that is it possible to make it available soon and that my plan would work as I expect? Or should I just look for a V5 somewhere to complete my build?

Sike

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2019
I've been waiting for the case to be available for preorder for a while. But seems like, it's not gonna be out in mid June as it was scheduled on sfflab. I really need a V6 in order to complete my build by the end of August since I already ordered all the other parts and will be moving to another country in Sep. Do you think that is it possible to make it available soon and that my plan would work as I expect? Or should I just look for a V5 somewhere to complete my build?

Yep, I'm actually thinking of building my system caseless for the moment until I have this case, since I don't have any other case available and I figured it would be a month or so until we get our hands on one.

Dimension: 310(L)X133(W)X 54(H) mm

Doesn't look like it. 54mm is ~2.7 slots, and anything over 2.2 slots (~44mm) will run into the front I/O at the bottom if the card is over 280mm long.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I'll have to settle with the MSI vega 56 since the blower vega 64 are still 700 eur lol.

Last edited:

madmax

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2019
Yep, I'm actually thinking of building my system caseless for the moment until I have this case, since I don't have any other case available and I figured it would be a month or so until we get our hands on one.
You could go for a Cougar QBX for the time being, it's cheap and offers a similar internal design like the NCase.
Thanks for the clarification, I guess I'll have to settle with the MSI vega 56 since the blower vega 64 are still 700 eur lol.
They aren't still 700 euros, they have been way cheaper, guess they are sold out now. Pretty sure they aren't produced anymore since Navi is going to replace Vega in terms of performance (with way less power consumption and noise). I'd reccomend you to wait for a 5700 XT. Blower Vega 64 are a pain in the butt anyway ?

lekien

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 16, 2019
You could go for a Cougar QBX for the time being, it's cheap and offers a similar internal design like the NCase
I did think about it, however, a cougar weights 2.6kg more. I'm looking for an answer from ncase. If I could have a V6 delivered by the end of Sep, I'll wait. Otherwise, I'd have to find a v5 somewhere.

Last edited: