• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I see, thank you for the honest response! I think those wood patterns are a bit to complicated for the glass process we work with. How about keeping the panels totally clean and raising them 5 mm off the chassis? Check it out below:

Distance between panels and chassis is 5mm, 12mm to the PSU and 65mm worth of CPU cooler height (although 53mm is maximum recommended due to no cutouts).

I have to say that I don't love the panels being not-flush to the chassis. Any airflow which enters that way is going to have a lot of vorticity and will more than likely increase the noise profile for only marginal gains in cooling performance. It also reduces the aesthetics in my opinion.

I think that you either need to commit fully to airflow with a properly perforated metal panel, or the glass aesthetic and accept that the front, top and bottom will being doing the heavy lifting in the thermals department.

Edit: If the worry is primarily that the PSU would have insufficient cooling due to being so close to the panel, maybe finding a way to recess it into the chassis a small bit would help. Alternatively, what about something crazy like a 50/50 perforated metal/glass panel for the CPU side (glass exposing the mobo when you plan to run an AIO, and metal with holes to make sure the PSU gets fresh air)?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I see, thank you for the honest response! I think those wood patterns are a bit to complicated for the glass process we work with. How about keeping the panels totally clean and raising them 5 mm off the chassis? Check it out below:

Distance between panels and chassis is 5mm, 12mm to the PSU and 65mm worth of CPU cooler height (although 53mm is maximum recommended due to no cutouts).
Hi Alex

Yes i think that could work for the side panels, like how it is for the Rajintek Ophion Evo case. The design is good for intake (negative pressure) and for me, pleasing aesthetically. You could consider a single vent hole like the concept A4 window if you want to differentiate from Rajintek and still go with a "ventilated" side panel.

It is however in my opinion not suitable for the top panel since the heat will largely bounce back into the case. So in summary suitable for intake panels (side) but less suitable for the top panel.

Another concern is whether the mount holes will be visible when the glass panels are not in use.

A strength of this for your case is that normally dust would be a big concern in these sryle of panelling but in your case you can just pull the whole internals out for dusting.

Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
After typing out what i wrote above, i suddenly got overwhelemed by a sense of uncertainty. If im honest id also like the panels to be flush with the chassis wall, and so feel very conflicted.

After reconsidering, out of all the options so far id actually opt for the original hexagonal pattern flush with the panel. Some airflow, flush panel, different from existing chassis.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I have to say that I don't love the panels being not-flush to the chassis. Any airflow which enters that way is going to have a lot of vorticity and will more than likely increase the noise profile for only marginal gains in cooling performance. It also reduces the aesthetics in my opinion.

I think that you either need to commit fully to airflow with a properly perforated metal panel, or the glass aesthetic and accept that the front, top and bottom will being doing the heavy lifting in the thermals department.

Edit: If the worry is primarily that the PSU would have insufficient cooling due to being so close to the panel, maybe finding a way to recess it into the chassis a small bit would help. Alternatively, what about something crazy like a 50/50 perforated metal/glass panel for the CPU side (glass exposing the mobo when you plan to run an AIO, and metal with holes to make sure the PSU gets fresh air)?

Hi Alex

Yes i think that could work for the side panels, like how it is for the Rajintek Ophion Evo case. The design is good for intake (negative pressure) and for me, pleasing aesthetically. You could consider a single vent hole like the concept A4 window if you want to differentiate from Rajintek and still go with a "ventilated" side panel.

It is however in my opinion not suitable for the top panel since the heat will largely bounce back into the case. So in summary suitable for intake panels (side) but less suitable for the top panel.

Another concern is whether the mount holes will be visible when the glass panels are not in use.

A strength of this for your case is that normally dust would be a big concern in these sryle of panelling but in your case you can just pull the whole internals out for dusting.

Alright guys, after reading your comments I think we have a solution, but it will be a controversial one ;)

MJOLNIR I with Metal Panels (You have seen this already)

MJOLNIR I with Glass Panels (mounted on the inside)

Note: refraction makes things look closer to the panels than they actually are (distance from the GPU in above pic is 10 mm).

MJOLNIR I with Glass Panels (mounted on the outside)

We'll include custom standoffs that will allow you to switch between the inside- and outside mounting position. The new distance from GPU would now be 20 mm. This mounting will also allow for wider GPU- and CPU coolers.

This allows for some "modularity" as well; i.e. you can mount the CPU-side glass panels on the outside, GPU-side panels on the inside and something similar with the top panel. The inside position will definitely be hotter than the original panels with hexagonal cuts, but they look much better IMHO (which I guess is the purpose with glass panels).

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I like that the pcie bar seems to be gone now ;)

Could you just confirm that the filtered bottom panel can go into the top mounted with the mesh on the outside? This is probably what i would do given that the aio would be covered as per my previous post.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I like that the pcie bar seems to be gone now ;)

Could you just confirm that the filtered bottom panel can go into the top mounted with the mesh on the outside? This is probably what i would do given that the aio would be covered as per my previous post.

YES - The PCIe slot bar is gone! (I misunderstood your question at first, thought you meant Riser cable PCIe gold pins)

As for your other question, yes it's absolutely possible to mount the Bottom Panel / Dust filter in place of a raised position Top Glass Panel :thumb:

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Unfortunately the PCIe bar is not gone, just not visible from that angle XD

As for your other question, yes it's absolutely possible to mount the Bottom Panel / Dust filter in place of a raised position Top Glass Panel :thumb:

Can you clarify what you mean by raised position? Will the mesh be flush with the chassis top like how it is in the bottom (if it were mounted flipped compared to your render for the bottom)

Sorry to be a pain, just want to understand the case better :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Can you clarify what you mean by raised position? Will the mesh be flush with the chassis top like how it is in the bottom (if it were mounted flipped compared to your render for the bottom)

Sorry to be a pain, just want to understand the case better :)

Ask on buddy :)

You can either have it flush against the top (the mounting on top and bottom is exactly the same/mirrored) or raised it 5 mm above the chassis with the included standoffs (like you can do with the Top Glass Panel). Check out below example with the "flush" config:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Ask on buddy :)

You can either have it flush against the top (the mounting on top and bottom is exactly the same/mirrored) or raised it 5 mm above the chassis with the included standoffs (like you can do with the Top Glass Panel). Check out below example with the "flush" config:

That is exactly what i was thinking of. Very nice, this should be the best for AIO configuration for optimal heat exhaust.

This is subjective but i assume the mesh is attached by adhesive? Could it be peeled off and stuck on the other side to have the mesh as the top layer, which might look better (even better if the panel can be flip mounted) :p i think the aluminium frame makes it look like the chassis has abs that i will never have

Jakyrian

Caliper Novice
Jan 15, 2018
Not sure I like the idea of putting the glass side panel on the outside, kind of ruins the aesthetics for me.

Would it be possible to put the same pattern as with the metal panel (dotted) or perhaps something similar to the holes in the Skyreach 4 MINI?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Not sure I like the idea of putting the glass side panel on the outside, kind of ruins the aesthetics for me.

Would it be possible to put the same pattern as with the metal panel (dotted) or perhaps something similar to the holes in the Skyreach 4 MINI?

You don't have to mount them on the outside, but it is an option should you chose it :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That is exactly what i was thinking of. Very nice, this should be the best for AIO configuration for optimal heat exhaust.

This is subjective but i assume the mesh is attached by adhesive? Could it be peeled off and stuck on the other side to have the mesh as the top layer, which might look better (even better if the panel can be flip mounted) :p i think the aluminium frame makes it look like the chassis has abs that i will never have

No adhesive used anywhere, the filter is screw down onto the bottom panel. SO yes, you could unscrew it and screw it back onto the other side :)

Reactions: For_Science

2blentendre

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2018
I have been following your case and this thread for a long time. Seeing your most recent changes, I finally had to create an account to share my thoughts. I absolutely love every single design decision you have made so far. This case is absolutely perfect and exactly what I am looking for.

I would like to add that a clean glass with no designs or perforations looks infinitely cleaner, better, and simply ultra modern. I love your most recent change giving us the option to mount the tempered glass inside or outside the case. I would keep it just like this and not change this design.

My only suggestion, is there any way eliminate the standoffs on the outside of the case if mounting the glass from the inside? Otherwise, I could not ask for anything more and I am eagerly await for the kickstarter.

Alright guys, after reading your comments I think we have a solution, but it will be a controversial one ;)

MJOLNIR I with Metal Panels (You have seen this already)

MJOLNIR I with Glass Panels (mounted on the inside)

Note: refraction makes things look closer to the panels than they actually are (distance from the GPU in above pic is 10 mm).

MJOLNIR I with Glass Panels (mounted on the outside)

We'll include custom standoffs that will allow you to switch between the inside- and outside mounting position. The new distance from GPU would now be 20 mm. This mounting will also allow for wider GPU- and CPU coolers.

This allows for some "modularity" as well; i.e. you can mount the CPU-side glass panels on the outside, GPU-side panels on the inside and something similar with the top panel. The inside position will definitely be hotter than the original panels with hexagonal cuts, but they look much better IMHO (which I guess is the purpose with glass panels).

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
More ventilation is definitely better for the thermals. But whilst personally I have absolutely no problems with it, don't be surprised if Loque's fanbois pile the pressure on you. ;). Or I hope they would like to treat you differently and favorably :)

Good ideas converge, or if you would like to put it "great minds think alike" :thumb:

Reactions: Choidebu

Sebbie

Trash Compacter
Apr 5, 2016
I really dislike the solution for the glass side panels, i really like the flush to panel solution you had before, having the inside or outside, for me ruins the asethetthic of the case, and was the only reason i would ditch my Dan Case and get this case

Reactions: zacobin

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I really dislike the solution for the glass side panels, i really like the flush to panel solution you had before, having the inside or outside, for me ruins the asethetthic of the case, and was the only reason i would ditch my Dan Case and get this case

The inside mount is exactly the same as before, nothing has changed. We'll just include some standoffs so that you also can mount it on the outside.

Reactions: SashaLag

2blentendre

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2018
Sebbie, I respectfully disagree. I'd take a smooth and clean tempered glass with no design or perforations any day. I strongly dislike how "DAN" is lasered onto the Dan case window, in fact it's exclusively why I didn't buy it.

A few mm of a gap between the glass and the case makes it look slick, almost like the glass over the engine in the rear of a supercar. You don't see a design on the glass on those cars even though they need excellent air flow as well. This makes for a much cleaner look in my opinion.

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
So would the inside glass panel orientation still allow for airflow to enter around the glass? or would the outward orientation be the only option for airflow? I do like the appearance of the inside orientation much better with a clean glass panel. the design is really coming together well.