• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
120AIO - the bracket will be hidden when looking from the sides?

Okay, confused about what you mean about the bracket since its just rails with holes on them, those are not visible. But the AIO will be visible.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018

92mm AIO ver

Graphics card bracket was hide because there is a step between outer panel.

It was the part that Alex liked.

120mm AIO ver

It does not seem to be right now.
The protruding part is observed.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

92mm AIO ver

120mm AIO ver

Your images are broken. And maybe youre confused with another project since afaik this new version is the first attempt in this project as a semi-hidden gpu bracket. Up unitl now there has been a gaping hole in its place. This would mean the pcie bracket jutts out the back.

The current version is much better in my opinion. Of course as I have mentioned before, a further recessed GPU bracket would be even nicer, but it was never the case for the 92 mm version since that would make the GPU compatibility quite a lot shorter.

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
I do not want to argue with you. This bracket has nothing to do with the volume of the case. I asked the project manager what he thinks about this bracket. This picture is what I got from Alex after I asked the details of the case structure.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone

I was doing some revision on my custom sleeving skills today, and I thought I might as well ask. When you take the compatibility numbers, GPU height and AIO thickness are directly affected by the PCIe connector and the minimum curvature of the power cables. Has this already been taken into account in your specfications?

I measured the connector + cable minimum radius to be about 30~38 mm depending on the type of cable. Given that 10 mm of this is the actual connector that sits in the component, on average a tightly cable managed component will have 20-28 mm extra jutting out of it. This is in particular concern for just outside the PSU area (affecting radiator+fan thickness) and the GPU height.

In your measurements, how much are you allowing for this extra cabling height?

Stock SF600 cables (~22 mm extra)

Custom 15 AWG gauge cable unsleeved (realistically, nobody does this, but ~20 mm extra)

Custom sleeved 15 AWG Cable @ 180 bend, simulated GPU --> PSU (~28 mm extra)

Custom sleeved 15AWG @ 90 + 90, simulated PSU --> Motherboard route

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
So having backed the Louqe Ghost S1, I have the following tidbits for your kickstarter:

A) Maintain regular honest communications with your backers - Louqe had a LOT of trouble communicating simple deadline delays, manufacturing issues, etc to the backers - there is a huge uproar right now about shipping, you can even see it on reddit. Stay far far away from Slack / Chatrooms. You can't leverage social presence if all the discussion is hidden. On top of that, negativity compounds itself in chatrooms. Regular emails + forum / reddit presence will suffice!

B) Don't cheap out for the cheapest factory, ship smaller batches instead of one giant batch for frequent quality control checks - A lot of ghosts are shipped with incorrect cnc milling, bent PCBs due to mounting / hole distance issues, bent side panels, helicoils mounted to deep, etc. The factory still haven't finished manufacturing all the cases! It's been almost a year. See Circle Pro, NCASE, Dan A4 for really good examples of manufacturing / logistics done right.

C) Always add contingency to your estimates. One of the reasons why the ghost has so much negative feedback is the *constant* delays. Many of which can be 100% avoided. I know things are hard to estimate, but seriously double your estimates (I ain't kidding) and immediately communicate delays to backers. If the case / part / milestone comes early its a bonus, if its late it's no good lol.

D) Don't over promise on features. Manufacturing a case is hard! Its likely you'll have to pick the Mjolnir over your other project, until it's shipping regularly - to ensure quality. Louqe hyped up its support for addons, i/o hats, carry handles, vertical stands, graphene pastes, and even a gift for backers. They spent over a third of a year after funding their KS on development, consulting, etc. *None* of those addons / gifts have been fulfilled. Feature bloat is a real thing that kills projects. NCase IMO is great at this (v1-5, rather than one version to rule them all)

E) Please check and recheck GPU clearances before promising they will fit. the FTW3 had huge issues with fitment, particularly with the PCIE power cable mentioned in the post above mine. Louqe told people it would fit and now, even PCB low profile connectors can't fit in the case and the founder has no plans to fix it.

F) People will pay for quality. If the circle pro project has demonstrated anything - a case that costs $500, with smaller # of stock, still can have high demand, as long as the result is correct. Whether that kind of business (vs a kickstarter) is what you want to run is up to you, take from that what you will.

And hopefully this gives you a bit of insight! I'm not saying this is a rule for success, but take what you will. Good luck ! I'm looking forward to this - hopefully our frustration can be a lesson learnt for you.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
nice! have you thought about doing a brushed silver alumnium color instead of the white?

We're going to do bead blasted aluminium with a color called "STEEL", it's basically natural aluminium color with approximately the same finish as Apples' MacBooks :)

@AlexTzone whats the distance from the edge of the motherboard tray to the inner frame frame?

The standoff height is 0.25 inches (6.35 mm), the distance between the MOBO and the IO shield cutout is 1mm.

92mm AIO ver

120mm AIO ver

I understand what you mean :) You're correct, the GPU bracket will protrude a couple of millimeters out the back.

@AlexTzone

I was doing some revision on my custom sleeving skills today, and I thought I might as well ask. When you take the compatibility numbers, GPU height and AIO thickness are directly affected by the PCIe connector and the minimum curvature of the power cables. Has this already been taken into account in your specfications?

I measured the connector + cable minimum radius to be about 30~38 mm depending on the type of cable. Given that 10 mm of this is the actual connector that sits in the component, on average a tightly cable managed component will have 20-28 mm extra jutting out of it. This is in particular concern for just outside the PSU area (affecting radiator+fan thickness) and the GPU height.

In your measurements, how much are you allowing for this extra cabling height?

Stock SF600 cables (~22 mm extra)

Custom 15 AWG gauge cable unsleeved (realistically, nobody does this, but ~20 mm extra)

Custom sleeved 15 AWG Cable @ 180 bend, simulated GPU --> PSU (~28 mm extra)

Custom sleeved 15AWG @ 90 + 90, simulated PSU --> Motherboard route

The measurements don't take this into account since there are a couple of solutions:
I thinks its perhaps better measuring from PCIe connector base (since the "pins" disappear into the GPU)? :) So for standard connectors there will be about 20 mm extra height above the GPU. Nice looking cables man! Btw check out our next update, added one of your suggestions to the final Internal Frame revision.

So having backed the Louqe Ghost S1, I have the following tidbits for your kickstarter:

A) Maintain regular honest communications with your backers - Louqe had a LOT of trouble communicating simple deadline delays, manufacturing issues, etc to the backers - there is a huge uproar right now about shipping, you can even see it on reddit. Stay far far away from Slack / Chatrooms. You can't leverage social presence if all the discussion is hidden. On top of that, negativity compounds itself in chatrooms. Regular emails + forum / reddit presence will suffice!

B) Don't cheap out for the cheapest factory, ship smaller batches instead of one giant batch for frequent quality control checks - A lot of ghosts are shipped with incorrect cnc milling, bent PCBs due to mounting / hole distance issues, bent side panels, helicoils mounted to deep, etc. The factory still haven't finished manufacturing all the cases! It's been almost a year. See Circle Pro, NCASE, Dan A4 for really good examples of manufacturing / logistics done right.

C) Always add contingency to your estimates. One of the reasons why the ghost has so much negative feedback is the *constant* delays. Many of which can be 100% avoided. I know things are hard to estimate, but seriously double your estimates (I ain't kidding) and immediately communicate delays to backers. If the case / part / milestone comes early its a bonus, if its late it's no good lol.

D) Don't over promise on features. Manufacturing a case is hard! Its likely you'll have to pick the Mjolnir over your other project, until it's shipping regularly - to ensure quality. Louqe hyped up its support for addons, i/o hats, carry handles, vertical stands, graphene pastes, and even a gift for backers. They spent over a third of a year after funding their KS on development, consulting, etc. *None* of those addons / gifts have been fulfilled. Feature bloat is a real thing that kills projects. NCase IMO is great at this (v1-5, rather than one version to rule them all)

E) Please check and recheck GPU clearances before promising they will fit. the FTW3 had huge issues with fitment, particularly with the PCIE power cable mentioned in the post above mine. Louqe told people it would fit and now, even PCB low profile connectors can't fit in the case and the founder has no plans to fix it.

F) People will pay for quality. If the circle pro project has demonstrated anything - a case that costs $500, with smaller # of stock, still can have high demand, as long as the result is correct. Whether that kind of business (vs a kickstarter) is what you want to run is up to you, take from that what you will.

And hopefully this gives you a bit of insight! I'm not saying this is a rule for success, but take what you will. Good luck ! I'm looking forward to this - hopefully our frustration can be a lesson learnt for you.

Fantastic post, I know you mentioned it on our Instagram recently. I think you're spot on, this is more or less exactly what we want to do :) In times of confusion, this is a great post to resort to. Thank you!

Reactions: htko89

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
UPDATE TIME!!

First a small secret; we wanted to do the first upgrade below for the next MJOLNIR revision, but since we recently remade the internal frame for 120 mm AIOs it became to tempting; also, I'll be damned if we don't deliver the best we can right from start. Here we go:

Additional 120 mm Fan

Maximum fan height is 15mm. You can either use it for intake or exhaust depending on what you want to achieve:
  • Intake: blows fresh air into the chassis - competes somewhat with Open-air GPUs but helps redirect airflow to exhaust through the top of the case.
  • Exhaust: blows hot air out of the chassis - may be less effective since hot air travels upwards.
Btw the AIO in the image above consists of a 30 mm radiator and 25 mm fan. There is 22 mm of space between the PSU and radiator fan.

New SSD Cable Route

As per @For_Science recommendations we added a cutout above the SSD frame to allow for easier cable management when you use tall AIOs. Also raised the GPU-bracket screw and replaced all crews with low-profile editions.

Raised Case Feet

Raised the case to 5 mm above ground, from previous 2 mm.

The new internal frame in all its glory ;)

You know what guys, I have a really good feeling about this. It feels like MJOLNIR I has reached its ultimate level :) Thanks a lot for working together with us and achieving this together!

Now we just have to update specs across all platforms, the website and trailer. After that, its time...

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
Long-time Instagram follower here, just found about this great forum.

Last updates are awesome, I love it! But I have a question: Aren't you going to make a prototype of this new version (120mm AIO one)? These renders are cool, but I would only feel confident to buy the case after a finished prototype and proper temp tests. Specially at this price...

I know you've showed some prototype pics before, but they were from the old version, and aren't even complete (they don't have side panels, for example). Just wondering, don't take it the wrong way ;)

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
UPDATE TIME!!

First a small secret; we wanted to do the first upgrade below for the next MJOLNIR revision, but since we recently remade the internal frame for 120 mm AIOs it became to tempting; also, I'll be damned if we don't deliver the best we can right from start. Here we go:

Additional 120 mm Fan

Maximum fan height is 15mm. You can either use it for intake or exhaust depending on what you want to achieve:
  • Intake: blows fresh air into the chassis - competes somewhat with Open-air GPUs but helps redirect airflow to exhaust through the top of the case.
  • Exhaust: blows hot air out of the chassis - may be less effective since hot air travels upwards.
Btw the AIO in the image above consists of a 30 mm radiator and 25 mm fan. There is 22 mm of space between the PSU and radiator fan.

New SSD Cable Route

As per @For_Science recommendations we added a cutout above the SSD frame to allow for easier cable management when you use tall AIOs. Also raised the GPU-bracket screw and replaced all crews with low-profile editions.

Raised Case Feet

Raised the case to 5 mm above ground, from previous 2 mm.

The new internal frame in all its glory ;)

You know what guys, I have a really good feeling about this. It feels like MJOLNIR I has reached its ultimate level :) Thanks a lot for working together with us and achieving this together!

Now we just have to update specs across all platforms, the website and trailer. After that, its time...

Best,
Alex

Looks great! I am very happy with how its looking with the additional fan mount space. More functionality without compromising on looks or size I think it would work great as a exhaust or intake in the inverted layout to help VRM temperatures.

A few edging questions:

- Can the AIO radiator be mounted rotated 180 degrees (with the tubes on the motherboard side instead of the SSD side)? If not, I assume it is a simple matter of extending the fan mount holes so that it can be slid a little to the left or right. This might be important to cater for longer/shorter AIO tubes. For example in the A4 SFX the AIO can only be mounted in the style of the picture, although if it were able to be mounted in the rotated orientation, the tubing can go around the RAM sticks and makes for a more clean interior around the PSU area.

- How is it going with the ventilated tempered glass panels? This has been one of the most impressive aspects of this project and I believe you will be first in the industry to provide breathable tempered glass panels. Just thought we haven't heard about them for a while. I was always a bit worried that in the renders they looked like they would be screwed into the chassis, and pondered if thats a good idea and will overtightening cause shattering?

Supercluster

Average Stuffer
Feb 24, 2016
The standoff height is 0.25 inches (6.35 mm), the distance between the MOBO and the IO shield cutout is 1mm.

The ATX specification defines the "C" as the datum hole. The back wall should be distanced ~12.27mm from the datum hole on the motherboard. This makes the standard distance from the edge of the motherboard and the rear wall a little over 2mm. Illustration for the datum hole:

I would like to know how does your design effect compatibility, or am I missing something...?

*Edited a typo.*

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Long-time Instagram follower here, just found about this great forum.

Last updates are awesome, I love it! But I have a question: Aren't you going to make a prototype of this new version (120mm AIO one)? These renders are cool, but I would only feel confident to buy the case after a finished prototype and proper temp tests. Specially at this price...

I know you've showed some prototype pics before, but they were from the old version, and aren't even complete (they don't have side panels, for example). Just wondering, don't take it the wrong way ;)

Hey heeey welcome friend, this forum is great indeed (you can just see how much MJOLNIR I has been improved due to discussion around here + a lot of experienced members can help you out with your build). Thanks a lot buddy! We really appreciate that you share your thoughts / concerns, we'll never take it the wrong way :)

Here is the plan
- Launch the Kickstarter campaign (30 days)
- Build the new prototype quickly (at the same time)
- Send out to a good YouTuber (Good = unbiased, professional, thorough)
- Open a refund-window for those who have seen the YouTube video and for whatever reason don't want the case anymore

So you'll see both the new prototype and an unbiased review of it, just not before the campaign. If you decide that the case still isn't for you by that time we'll be happy to refund you :thumb:

Looks great! I am very happy with how its looking with the additional fan mount space. More functionality without compromising on looks or size I think it would work great as a exhaust or intake in the inverted layout to help VRM temperatures.

A few edging questions:

- Can the AIO radiator be mounted rotated 180 degrees (with the tubes on the motherboard side instead of the SSD side)? If not, I assume it is a simple matter of extending the fan mount holes so that it can be slid a little to the left or right. This might be important to cater for longer/shorter AIO tubes. For example in the A4 SFX the AIO can only be mounted in the style of the picture, although if it were able to be mounted in the rotated orientation, the tubing can go around the RAM sticks and makes for a more clean interior around the PSU area.

- How is it going with the ventilated tempered glass panels? This has been one of the most impressive aspects of this project and I believe you will be first in the industry to provide breathable tempered glass panels. Just thought we haven't heard about them for a while. I was always a bit worried that in the renders they looked like they would be screwed into the chassis, and pondered if thats a good idea and will overtightening cause shattering?

Thanks a lot, really happy that you like the improvements! :D

Yes the AIO can be rotated 180 degrees :thumb:

Regarding the glass panels, we're having a tough time with these ones, really hard to come up with a clean design that still allows for good airflow!

The ATX specification defines the "C" as the datum hole. The back wall should be distanced ~12.27mm from the rear wall of the enclosure. This makes the standard distance from the edge of the motherboard and the rear wall a little over 2mm. Illustration for the datum hole:

I would like to know how does your design effect compatibility, or am I missing something...?

Actually it's exactly 2mm (just checked the 3D model to be certain), sorry for spreading confusion ;)

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hey heeey welcome friend, this forum is great indeed (you can just see how much MJOLNIR I has been improved due to discussion around here + a lot of experienced members can help you out with your build). Thanks a lot buddy! We really appreciate that you share your thoughts / concerns, we'll never take it the wrong way :)

Here is the plan
- Launch the Kickstarter campaign (30 days)
- Build the new prototype quickly (at the same time)
- Send out to a good YouTuber (Good = unbiased, professional, thorough)
- Open a refund-window for those who have seen the YouTube video and for whatever reason don't want the case anymore

So you'll see both the new prototype and an unbiased review of it, just not before the campaign. If you decide that the case still isn't for you by that time we'll be happy to refund you :thumb:

Thanks a lot, really happy that you like the improvements! :D

Yes the AIO can be rotated 180 degrees :thumb:

Regarding the glass panels, we're having a tough time with these ones, really hard to come up with a clean design that still allows for good airflow!

Actually it's exactly 2mm (just checked the 3D model to be certain), sorry for spreading confusion ;)

I'm sure you've already thought about it, but since the graphics card intake and PSU intake will by design by off-center, perhaps the side panel ventilation should also reflect this. I would suggest something like shifting the original design up the glass panel by half or so, so that that the main hexagonal cutouts line up with the GPU fans and/or the PSU fans. To balance the off-center nature of thsi new layout, perhaps a cutout in the form of a norse/celtic knot can underline the main hex cutouts to give the impression of a centered cutout.

Kinda what I mean here, gray circles indicating rougly the GPU fan intakes (and probably PSU intake). Obviously I don't deserve any artistic value on my "line" below, but basically to have 2 designs where you have something roughly round (hexagonal, in the case) to cater for an average fan intake that is off-center, and then another design down below in a "line" just to make the off-center round cutouts more centered overall. I assume the glass panel can then by put in 180 degrees rotated for those who use the inverted layout so the GPU intakes would still line up with the circular holes.

Some inspiration for lines.....maybe?

I can see the appeal of having a centered cutout, but the components that go in will most definitely not adhere to it, so it may payoff the break the mould and have off-centre cutouts.

I have no idea about material allowances though,

Reactions: Nanook