Prototype Project STAND 4 : Outstanding / Magnetic LEVITATION / HARD WIRING (Video/Voronoi Vent/Bi-Case/6.61L)

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 1, 2017

Hello EveryOne! It's been a while... But SomeONE is Back ;)

--> Part 2 : Unboxing, Assembling, Testing + TWO AMAZING IDEA

(Funny intro skipped)

Share your Opinions - Take Care!

Ps : Hi guys ☺️ @confusis, @Josh | NFC (I've missed you too 💙), @REVOCCASES, @Colinreay

Last edited:

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 1, 2017
Specification
  • Dimensions : 122x208x263mm
  • Volume : 6.61L
  • Layout : Sandwich Over Extra Flex ATX case
  • Vent Pattern : Hyperium's Voronoi (Am I the first to do it btw?)

Last edited:

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 1, 2017
Making the Case Levitate (EXPERIMENTS 1):

This case is by it's look already OutStanding (Pun intended), However something is missing.
We already have tons of build who are much more interesting than this one, after all: it's just Air cooled, there's no fancy RGB, it's a weird form factaor (two case, one of the PSU, one for the components, etc etc...)

So, what can do to truly make this case, One of the first of its kind?

I thought about this, and quickly came up with the idea to replace the standoff inbetween theses cases with MAGNETs to make the top one Levitate!

I've Talked about this in my video Here.

Now it's gonna be a little bit tricky, but some 3D printed part with fishing wire should make everything stable. All I need is some strong Magnets positionned perfectly. Any Magnetic fields Engineer here?

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on this next time.

Last edited:

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 1, 2017
HCP-1 : The Powerlines.

This is the first HCP of the channel, and it's about HARDWIRING this build.

Basically, a Powerline is to a wire, what a Hard Tube is to a Soft Tube (in watercooling)

I'm quickly talking about this Here

Guys, I’ve searched for it, and it never was done before! I think that we might be pioneers on that !
So we will have to Think about EVERYTHING from scratch and that’s a beautiful freedom !

From thinking to producing :There’s so much work to do :

1 - Study the wires and their electrical capabilities, evaluate the feasability of the project
2 - Using Converting tools, find the equivalent PCB traces for us depending on the power supplied
3 - The hardest part is creating a PCB Kit that’s modular , it MUST be compatible with almost every System, I’m thinking about many shapes just like LEGO/ Mechatronic
4 - Once we have that, design and Order some sample .
5 - Receive them and start Testing becasue we need to make sure that it’s working, For example: checking for overheating lines, interference, weird behavior etc etc...

6 - Release that to the Open source World and make everyone Happy…

Anyway, will continue this in the Channel...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Argofisto

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 1, 2017
Here you go guys, Any feedback or question? I'm all ears.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
You'll need pretty strong magnets, and a way to make sure they won't be out of alignment while in use.

If you can't find strong enough magnets, you may want to reduce the weight of the top parts (3D printed parts perhaps).

• Vent Pattern : Hyperium's Voronoi (Am I the first to do it btw?)

Not really - Just search the forum & you'll see some discussions & designs using this pattern 🙂

Anw good luck!

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Levitating? Not easy, not impossible. Hard wiring stuff would be so cool either. Then you can make mesh the front pane too

Reactions: _ONE_

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 1, 2017
Not really - Just search the forum & you'll see some discussions & designs using this pattern 🙂

I meant "first one to do so", because I've looked around and found nothing prior to my first proto back in 2020.

Levitating? Not easy, not impossible. Hard wiring stuff would be so cool either. Then you can make mesh the front pane too

I think that I can manage something using Fishing Lines. I did a Custom Front Panel that you can see Here, this one will allow me to 3D print and place a mesh (smartly using infil).