Project Parvum W1NN1NG

What color should the front radiator be?

• Total voters

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I've decided to move on over to the SFF forums and post this build log,
As I would say this is my first heavy mod all the positive or negative criticism is welcome. I've always had a passion for modding granted I am not the most artistic person in the world I try to maintain a balance in pretty much everything I do.
As this is my main rig (I did previously have a fully watercooled s1.0 parvum prior to this build which I never did a build log for) trying to make this look as best I can is definitely the goal here since I have to be the one to stare at it every day.

I've had this case since they first became available on performance pcs, the day they went live on the site I purchased one. When I first bought the case I had every intention of it only being a lan party rig as my s1.0 weighed a good 30ish pounds. Shortly after I put it all together I fell in love with the itx form factor and decided right then and there I would never build in any other form factor.

Anyways here is a picture of my build prior to me starting on this project.

As you can see in the picture I previously owned a 980 which I actually swapped out for a 970 mini. I had cables made by pexon when I originally bought this case and this 980 was purchased after I had one made for my 970 mini.

Here is where I started to get some work done on the modding.

All these I felt needed to be painted white to match the scheme I have going

Done, now onto getting a nice vinyl cut for that I/O cover to take away from the massive amount of white going on there

Done, and all of them are now reinstalled, Next it was time to get this party started with a Fractal Design Kelvin T12

Sorry for the bad image couldn't wait till I got home to snap a picture of the box leaving the UPS center lol.

Got that bad boy installed and decided to take some beauty shots, now onto modding the kelvin

Wonder what that could be? Looks like a custom cover ;) which sadly.... I didn't end up using because I couldn't get the edges beveled the way I wanted them...

I did however end up making a cover for the front panel usb 3.0 cutout because lets be honest its an extra cable that always looks awful and yeah not gonna use that.

Anyways that's my progress thus far, Waiting on some new fittings and my Pastel white coolant and I should have another update for you all on saturday *crosses fingers for package to arrive on time*

but before I go, Im gonna post a poll on whether you guys think I should paint the rad white or leave it black!

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Nice build; definitely white! Will look good with a transition of the black fan casing/bracket and white fan blade.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Well currently I've actually swapped the front fan due to noise, the cryorig fans are about as loud as a jet plane and I don't want all that.
I actually just realized I have a more updated photo of after the cover for kelvin has been painted white

Image quality is very poor, as I only have a cell phone to take pictures with granted its a nice camera but led's and plexi windows don't do it justice lol. There's a thermaltake Riing 120 White led fan in there now which still in my opinion gives the nice shade of white I don't exactly feel as if a white blade would do very well with this fan though although I'm half tempted to paint it.

Reactions: Phuncz and ricochet

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
How about painting the GPU back plate white?

That's actually already been done as well I just don't have an image of it just yet. I'll get one of those posted as soon as I get the opportunity :) actually now that I look at it its white in the most recent image I posted :)

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Yeah, I couldn't tell if it was or just the lighting

Yes :) this card was actually placed in a buddy of mines build which was black and a dark gray we swapped cards as he games at 1440p and I'm still at 1080 so the performance decrease for me was very marginal so I didn't mind the uneven trade especially since it meant using my custom cable again. Painting the shroud and backplate was one of the first things I did when I got it back. After it warmed up outside at least lol

Reactions: ricochet

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Looking good! What are the overall dimensions of the case?

I'm really not entirely sure its rather small I'd have to look it up I know its only about a foot deep because it only supports like 11.2 inch graphics cards

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
If it's a standard Parvum X1 ITX like mine, it's 24x24x30cm - 17L

Nice build, interested to see the AIO conversion being done

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum!

Impressive work, too. I have a soft spot for black and white builds, you did a really good job with this - bold and dramatic, but not gaudy or over the top.

Reactions: cmyk78

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
If it's a standard Parvum X1 ITX like mine, it's 24x24x30m - 17L

Nice build, interested to see the AIO conversion being done

Welcome to the forum!

Impressive work, too. I have a soft spot for black and white builds, you did a really good job with this - bold and dramatic, but not gaudy or over the top.

Thanks both of you! I'm actually working on painting the rad currently and will be having a vinyl cut for the block cover tomorrow morning having some issues with paint sticking around the fittings so may have to end up touching those up tomorrow. Fittings should be here tomorrow so I'll be able to get the loop finished although I won't be able to put the pastel white in until it arrives on Monday after I get out of work. So I may reuse what was in the loop to start with until then so I can actually use my computer before Monday. Going a whole weekend without Plex or overwatch might be tough. Lol.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
So small little update and I apologize for the picture of the inside of my desk drawer this is where my radiator is sitting to sit and dry a bit more granted this is the back side. The sides though are still a little thin but I'll have to work on that later its starting to get a bit chilly outside and I'm gonna have to touch up some tomorrow as is. Probably scuff out some defects and give one last coat of paint tomorrow but for now I know its looking beautiful

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Looks fantastic! How are you planning to fill the loop without a res or T-piece?
The radiator and the block on the kelvin both have fill ports on them :) I actually have it filled now with the old coolant for now till Monday. It was a pain in the dick bleeding and thank god the DC Lt can be dry run otherwise I'd had probably killed a pump. Granted they're not expensive to replace but still.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
That's very useful, didn't know that.

Ill probably be adding a valve and a pass thru to the roof of the case off the radiator at some point but valves are expensive as all hell regardless if i was to buy a barrow valve or not still like 17 bucks which is a bit pricey right now for me, hell theres only 24 bucks worth of fittings in this thing rn I'm cheap but as long as they function don't leak and still look good idc whether theyre bitspower ek barrow xspc whatever doesn't matter to me

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Its a little jagged but to show my support for the forums on top of the parvum vinyl i had cut for the fractal cover which Im actually thinking of removing but it doesnt really look as good as I was hoping it would I had a SFF Forum logo cut for the window on my case :) I've only been here for a couple of days but I've received a lot more comments here than I ever have on the Overclock forums this community truly is a great one to be a part of and I appreciate all of your comments :)