Project 14 L ~ (12 inside) maximum airflow possible

Estanful

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Hello everyone. The idea came from wanting a "pizza" style computer, compact to the extreme but at the same time well ventilated and simple. as simple as a pine box with holes. Here some images (work in progress)
the box came with 1 cm of rear separation! Perfect for hiding fan cables.
I will soon publish the finished project with acrylic panel and vertical support. peace!

Estanful

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Well, let's see the results of the hard work! enjoy

temperatures playing in 4k (before 70 -80c °)
~refined with better fans, instead of led strip~

Last edited:
Reactions: dealda and August

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
This is amazing! Did you cut all the holes with a jigsaw/copoing saw?

What happened bro the handles holes? Did you fill them in?

Estanful

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
thank you very much! It was really complicated to make the holes in a pressed structure, a lot of patience. The tools were a dremel (I realized that the cut-off wheel didn't scratch deep enough) a fine-toothed handsaw (segueta?) and a tiny model hand saw (japanese). for the rounded edges on the fans, the rounded sandpaper that comes with the dremel was indispensable.

Fill the hole of the handles with leftover wood and between each union you can make a small internal drill where a wooden stick passes, then when gluing with white glue it will be firmly welded.

Estanful

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
1. Awesome job!
2. Love the gpu orientation
3. How are fans oriented?
4. What is that CPU cooler?
Thanks! 3.the air enters from below and from the front and is actively expelled from above and passively from behind.
4. Thermaltake engine 27.

CaptainBigleux

Caliper Novice
Sep 9, 2019
not my taste, but I admire the result. Very clean !
Just a stupid question, why not using a SFX PSU ? way enough room to put one

Estanful

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Thnx . I already had this Flex PSU for another project but you can place an sfx under the motherboard (only place without covering the air flow) but add 2 cm closer to the acrylic (not very aesthetic in my opinion).

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Nice job! I hope you won't be moving it around a lot, as there is no way there is much structural integrity left in this, but we'll done nonetheless. I would probably have sanded the rounded outer corners a bit more (the paint makes their roughness stand out, a layer of primer and then sanding might have been best), but other than that I'm really impressed with how fine those cuts are and the overall fit and finish of the build. Hope you find the time/money to replace the CPU cooler with something less jet engine-like though (unless you like the noise, that is)!

Reactions: Estanful

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hope you find the time/money to replace the CPU cooler with something less jet engine-like though (unless you like the noise, that is)!
That's what I thought at 1st also, but I then realized that OP probably went with it for the silver asthetic.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
That's what I thought at 1st also, but I then realized that OP probably went with it for the silver asthetic.
Uhg, I hope not. Those coolers are quite terrible. A Cryorig C7 or Noctua L9i with a Redux fan on it would have been far superior solutions that would still have matched the aesthetic.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Uhg, I hope not. Those coolers are quite terrible. A Cryorig C7 or Noctua L9i with a Redux fan on it would have been far superior solutions that would still have matched the aesthetic.
Neither are fully silver. C7 has a black fan and redux fan is gray. If you looks at just about everything in the pic, it's silver (possibly with the exception of the SSD, the lighting is off, do it might be gray or it might be silver, it's hard to tell) op has tons of airflow so it's not a huge issue anyways. Didn't see a parts list, so he might not need much to accommodate his CPU.

Reactions: Estanful

Estanful

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
I have noctua L12s (ridiculously silent) and cryorig c7 standard white version, but because the PSU is never silent and the graphics is always 40% (unfortunately it makes noise) the thermaltake engine refrigerator is even the quietest part ( silent-normal mode), and visually I love it!