Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
I have to bring up the uncomfortable topic of feet again. ? Are we getting feet in the package or should we look for some ourselves? Any links to examples that would work so we have a point of reference?
We're getting some feet included. I am guessing similar to the stock feet included with the Ghost S1 (half-dome rubber, connected with glue). I'm just gonna stick with those and then figure out if I can mount other feet down the line.

Reactions: bricemx

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Excellent. Thank you. Can you do custom colors?
Np! Unfortunatelly we cant. These 3 colors are the available options.

? ?
I have to bring up the uncomfortable topic of feet again. ? Are we getting feet in the package or should we look for some ourselves? Any links to examples that would work so we have a point of reference?
Sure you got, I post a picture about it soon! Simple rubber legs, but holds well.

• Haha
Reactions: D10S and kosta

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
The feets:

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
The delivery timing for this case will be tough for people who plan to build a brand new system in it. With both Ryzen 4000 CPUs and NVidia 3000 series GPUs planned for launch in just a few months, there is a big question mark over the idea of building a fully custom water cooled PC right now. ? Intel's comet lake desktop CPUs are coming out sooner but rumors are they will be very power thirsty so likely not a good option for people who want to build a quiet system.

Anyhoo, any notable news from the paint factory? Still feeling good about April shipments or is May more realistic?

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
The delivery timing for this case will be tough for people who plan to build a brand new system in it. With both Ryzen 4000 CPUs and NVidia 3000 series GPUs planned for launch in just a few months, there is a big question mark over the idea of building a fully custom water cooled PC right now. ? Intel's comet lake desktop CPUs are coming out sooner but rumors are they will be very power thirsty so not a good option for people who want to build a quiet system.

Anyhoo, any notable news from the paint factory? Still feeling good about April shipments or is May more realistic?

I was thinking somewhere in the same ball park however, we still have to wait and see what the new generations will being to the table. Maybe the tdp's won't even be feasible for 2 x 280 rads.

Nonetheless on top of that we have the wait for integrators and watercooling companies to release their tiers of cards and their custom cooling blocks. So realistically, we would still look at 6 months+ if you don't want to go through jumping all the hoops of buggy launches (e. G. Amd bioses) so I'll be sitting nice on the parts I have atm. Bring the case on! ?

Reactions: diceboii13

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
The delivery timing for this case will be tough for people who plan to build a brand new system in it. With both Ryzen 4000 CPUs and NVidia 3000 series GPUs planned for launch in just a few months, there is a big question mark over the idea of building a fully custom water cooled PC right now. ? Intel's comet lake desktop CPUs are coming out sooner but rumors are they will be very power thirsty so likely not a good option for people who want to build a quiet system.

Well, both Big Navi and new Nvidia as well as ryzen are going to be out EOY, like November... that is a long wait for some...

I was thinking somewhere in the same ball park however, we still have to wait and see what the new generations will being to the table. Maybe the tdp's won't even be feasible for 2 x 280 rads.

Nonetheless on top of that we have the wait for integrators and watercooling companies to release their tiers of cards and their custom cooling blocks. So realistically, we would still look at 6 months+ if you don't want to go through jumping all the hoops of buggy launches (e. G. Amd bioses) so I'll be sitting nice on the parts I have atm. Bring the case on! ?

2x240 mm can cool anything for an itx that is not x299 (Threadripper can't fit in an ITX, LGA-3647 only have one xeon motherboard, and can be cooled with 2x240) and even 2 gpu if you don't mind having temps on the 70-80 and some fan noise, according to calculations of Watts/10C. 2x280 would be even better.

I had a 9900k before sucking 250W at 5.1Ghz and a Titan Rtx sucking 330W, and was cooled in a ghost with 2x240, and without a reservoir. Now I have the same GPU and a 3950x with the same radiators, and is the same, no problem to cool them at all, and nearly silent except you hammer bot hat the same time with rendering. 2x280 would make things better

Last edited:

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Just enough time to carefully custom sleeve each component's cabling. ? But you're right, realistically you'd be looking at 6+ months to get all the components for a brand spanking new setup. This is going to be my first custom loop so ideally I wanted to buy components that will last me for a while before I start itching for an upgrade and have to replace the pricey blocks. Though rumors are that Ryzen 4000 will still be AM4 socket based so the CPU block wouldn't be throwaway.?

Reactions: bricemx and an_Age

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018

I'm just going to cool my cpu for now and then gpu when new ones comes out.

Reactions: kosta

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019

I mean... There's nothing stopping you from holding onto the case until new hardware comes out, or just build the damn thing anyway and upgrade it later.

Reactions: CantingSoup and iwe

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Yeah it will be interesting, but if 2x 240 or 280 rad cant cool the new hardware, its not worth to buying it. I mean todays standard is power efficiency. There is no business for them to make such power hungry components, that their average buyers cant cool properly. ?

I think about end of April or eraly May, but I cant promise anything these days. :( It will be done, so everybody got their case, for sure. Custom buttons, feets, screws, risers, extension cables are already under shipping. Tempered glass panels are under manufacturing, as well as the distros. Painting usually takes a week, but when they start is is the question.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Yeah it will be interesting, but if 2x 240 or 280 rad cant cool the new hardware, its not worth to buying it. I mean todays standard is power efficiency. There is no business for them to make such power hungry components, that their average buyers cant cool properly. ?

I think about end of April or eraly May, but I cant promise anything these days. :( It will be done, so everybody got their case, for sure. Custom buttons, feets, screws, risers, extension cables are already under shipping. Tempered glass panels are under manufacturing, as well as the distros. Painting usually takes a week, but when they start is is the question.
Unless you're going for Intel then the tdp should not change too much.

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
Any possibility of doing anodizing on the case in the future? Powder coat makes the finish looks shiny and imo it doesnt look as good as matte finish of anodization.

EDIT: Also wondering, from your website you mention that the 2-slot GPU back IO config has max clearance for 2.75-slot GPU, may I know the measurement in mm please? Wondering if it can accomodate 57mm thick GPU, which shoulddd be about 2.7-slot.

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
I think the conclusion was that anodized finish scratches much more easily than powder coating so powder coating was picked for durability. But maybe for second batch, once there is more breathing room with financials, it could be interesting to create a prototype with either finish to compare them head to head.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Any timetable for batch 2?
Probably end of summer. I want 3 batches this year, if everything goes right.

Unless you're going for Intel then the tdp should not change too much.
Yes, with a 14++++++++++++++ architecture ?

Any possibility of doing anodizing on the case in the future? Powder coat makes the finish looks shiny and imo it doesnt look as good as matte finish of anodization.

EDIT: Also wondering, from your website you mention that the 2-slot GPU back IO config has max clearance for 2.75-slot GPU, may I know the measurement in mm please? Wondering if it can accomodate 57mm thick GPU, which shoulddd be about 2.7-slot.
Its gonna be a matt powdercoat. Its more resistant to scratches, and looks almost as good as anodization. But I will try for sure.
Its actually a bit more than 2.5 slot, so I just forgot to change this information. I gonna do now. There is 54mm space for the GPU, in 2slot config.

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
Its gonna be a matt powdercoat. Its more resistant to scratches, and looks almost as good as anodization. But I will try for sure.
Its actually a bit more than 2.5 slot, so I just forgot to change this information. I gonna do now. There is 54mm space for the GPU, in 2slot config.

Hmm I actually never heard that powder coating is sturdier than anodization, only that it is much cheaper than anodization. Powder coating is also able to achieve more consistent colors, but anodization is often much more resistant to scratches / pollutants when it comes to durability and less shiny in appearance (shinier = cheaper looking for alu imo).

Anyway, will be interested to see what you come up with in the future! :thumb:

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Hmm I actually never heard that powder coating is sturdier than anodization, only that it is much cheaper than anodization. Powder coating is also able to achieve more consistent colors, but anodization is often much more resistant to scratches / pollutants when it comes to durability and less shiny in appearance (shinier = cheaper looking for alu imo).

Anyway, will be interested to see what you come up with in the future! :thumb:

My old Ghost S1 in black beg to differ. That case was a scratch festival. Even the grills that sit on the top with magnets got scratch eventually. And if you included the top hats... is even worse, around the io shield you would have scratches as well.

That case look good but... it is a pain to maintain it in good shape.