Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I’m no chemist but doesn’t anodizing also add to the surface of the metal? Even if it’s much thinner than powder coating.

Anodising doesn't 'add' to the surface, not in the same sense as painting or powdercoating where you actually spray on a foreign layer. Anodising aluminium is a process of oxidising the outer layer of aluminium (or rather, adding to the naturally forming aluminium oxide layer on the surface of alunimium. Colours are achieved by adding a dye to the chemical bath (you're not so much applying colour, rather, you're dying the oxide surface).

Think of it like the layer of rust on mild steel except unlike oxidation of iron which flakes off and exposes the base metal to further corrosion, the alumina is passivating and protects the base metal from further damage. It's not really 'adding' anything to the base metal, you're basically just 'encouraging' the oxidation reaction to happen faster

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Anodising doesn't 'add' to the surface, not in the same sense as painting or powdercoating where you actually spray on a foreign layer. Anodising aluminium is a process of oxidising the outer layer of aluminium (or rather, adding to the naturally forming aluminium oxide layer on the surface of alunimium. Colours are achieved by adding a dye to the chemical bath (you're not so much applying colour, rather, you're dying the oxide surface).

Think of it like the layer of rust on mild steel except unlike oxidation of iron which flakes off and exposes the base metal to further corrosion, the alumina is passivating and protects the base metal from further damage. It's not really 'adding' anything to the base metal, you're basically just 'encouraging' the oxidation reaction to happen faster
Thats why we let others to do it! ?

Reactions: an_Age and D10S

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
@diceboii13
Does the fact that DDC pump does not require adapter for rhe distroplate mean that we have more lenght for GPU while using DDC pump conpared to D5?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
@diceboii13
Does the fact that DDC pump does not require adapter for rhe distroplate mean that we have more lenght for GPU while using DDC pump conpared to D5?
Its not about the bracket but yes, D5 is just bigger than the DDC with or without the bracket.

Reactions: bricemx

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Got some bad news today :( Paypal wont let me use my business account to collect preorders. They give me the money if I can prove them, the package is on the way to the buyer (thats actually a really good thing to protect the buyer), with some tracking informations etc. So bank transfer will be the final method for everyone. Im waiting for the Transferwise support team to mail me back, because my business is running under my own name and they dont see the connection between my name and DiceCases, so I need to prove them with some documents. If its ready and working, we can go. Sorry guys its frustrating for me aswell, I didnt expect that much complications, just at paying.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Got some bad news today :( Paypal wont let me use my business account to collect preorders. They give me the money if I can prove them, the package is on the way to the buyer (thats actually a really good thing to protect the buyer), with some tracking informations etc. So bank transfer will be the final method for everyone. Im waiting for the Transferwise support team to mail me back, because my business is running under my own name and they dont see the connection between my name and DiceCases, so I need to prove them with some documents. If its ready and working, we can go. Sorry guys its frustrating for me aswell, I didnt expect that much complications, just at paying.

Bank transfer? That doesn't seem very safe. Have you tried opening a merchant account with Stripe? It's really popular with online shops (especially for small companies who don't have the resources or move enough volume to justify opening an account at major payment processors).

At least you're doing this properly and setting up a company. It would've been much worse if you've blindly gone with PayPal and then have all the money locked up for 6 months (I've been in enough MKB group buys, trust me I know :p )

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Bank transfer? That doesn't seem very safe. Have you tried opening a merchant account with Stripe? It's really popular with online shops (especially for small companies who don't have the resources or move enough volume to justify opening an account at major payment processors).

At least you're doing this properly and setting up a company. It would've been much worse if you've blindly gone with PayPal and then have all the money locked up for 6 months (I've been in enough MKB group buys, trust me I know :p )
Actually its easier for me to set up a business around this, and dont have to worry about money lockups. Almost every payment types you need to verify yourself as a merchant, with documents and tax number etc. I gonna try stripe maybe it works.

If banktransfer works only, I go with Transferwise. Its safer than you think, I have a merchant account there aswell, and Im verifying myself right now. They have pretty low fees, and didn't have the same stricted system like paypal. So preordering there seems fine because there are no limits in transfers. But I need to wait to finally verify my account.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Actually its easier for me to set up a business around this, and dont have to worry about money lockups. Almost every payment types you need to verify yourself as a merchant, with documents and tax number etc. I gonna try stripe maybe it works.

If banktransfer works only, I go with Transferwise. Its safer than you think, I have a merchant account there aswell, and Im verifying myself right now. They have pretty low fees, and didn't have the same stricted system like paypal. So preordering there seems fine because there are no limits in transfers. But I need to wait to finally verify my account.
What about using Kickstarter or IndieGoGo? These places will escrow the money until the project is done and refund people if the project doesn't succeed? Maybe to get started that's a better approach.
The other thing you could do is talk to the SFFLab team, as their website platform is available now to many other creators. It's what's used by Dan, NECERE, and Josh NFC for the A4, M1, and Skyreach 4 Mini respectively. They might be able to help.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
What about using Kickstarter or IndieGoGo? These places will escrow the money until the project is done and refund people if the project doesn't succeed? Maybe to get started that's a better approach.
The other thing you could do is talk to the SFFLab team, as their website platform is available now to many other creators. It's what's used by Dan, NECERE, and Josh NFC for the A4, M1, and Skyreach 4 Mini respectively. They might be able to help.
Kickstarter is a trash. They also want ~10%. For what? Now days it's more and more scammers project place.
I thinked about Kickstarter, but as I read about it, I lost the interest. They charge a bit too much for my taste. I may contact the SFFLab team, it seems like a good idea.