Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
I think from the 2 acrylic plate, you need to change 1, to switch between them, so Its possible, but I didnt think about that. @alauder should know, it, I'll ask him.

Hi an_Age and Dice. Yes to switch from D5 to DDC you would have to switch the rear plate plate and pump mount but not the front plate. Dice would have to sell them as separate parts. It would require you to disassemble the distributor.

Idea

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Please DO NOT use sfflabs. Their site seems to be down, and there's little to no information on when they'll be reopening. If I were you, I'd just bite the bullet and make a website using Shopify. Then you can take pre-orders and actually get paid because you can fulfill the order yourself when you're ready and don't have to give any sort of shipping information to get paid like PayPal does, and wont have to worry about paying someone a percentage, or worry about crazy PayPal fees. I run my business through Shopify, and I highly recommend just using an ecommerce if you want to actually take this seriously, and turn this into a business.

And theres apps you can add onto your Shopify, like you can make custom order status templates. This would be great if you wanted to keep pre-order customers up to date on the status of their order via email. I know sfflabs is well respected within the community, but I'd rather not see you have to work/sell products on sfflabs time/terms, and have to rely on them and their team. Especially if you want to make this into a business, it's just better to have any orders/pre-orders done on your own website. Like no shade at SFFLABS, but I just really think it's a better idea(short term, and long term) to make a new website

Last edited:

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I would like to concur with the user above on Shopify/Stripe (I believe Stripe is a very common payment processor for Shopify though other options are available too). This would be a better option compared to bank transfer in my opinion.

Not that I don't trust Dice or have any reason to believe he doesn't plan on getting this to completion to his best abilities, but coming back to custom MKB GBs, things can and do go wrong so I would greatly prefer to transact via a platform with good reputation (having no experience with Transfer Wise and thus have not built up any trust in that particular platform). If Shopify fees are higher than your preferred platform, I'm more than happy for you to pass it on to the buyers and would gladly pay the difference if it means going through a front-end that is reputable and is trusted by tens of thousands of online businesses on a daily basis

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Back side hole for GPU hold mechanism can be covered? By some additional L style detail. Want hide/cover this hole.
Sorry but if I add another element again to the case, my metal manufacturer cut my pee-pee off.. lol. Joke aside, we finalized the prices for the current model, and takes extra rounds to make these kind of adjustments. Ask some vendor to 3D print something for you, its a couple bucks to cover this hole, if its really bothers you.

Please DO NOT use sfflabs. Their site seems to be down, and there's little to no information on when they'll be reopening. If I were you, I'd just bite the bullet and make a website using Shopify. Then you can take pre-orders and actually get paid because you can fulfill the order yourself when you're ready and don't have to give any sort of shipping information to get paid like PayPal does, and wont have to worry about paying someone a percentage, or worry about crazy PayPal fees. I run my business through Shopify, and I highly recommend just using an ecommerce if you want to actually take this seriously, and turn this into a business.

And theres apps you can add onto your Shopify, like you can make custom order status templates. This would be great if you wanted to keep pre-order customers up to date on the status of their order via email. I know sfflabs is well respected within the community, but I'd rather not see you have to work/sell products on sfflabs time/terms, and have to rely on them and their team. Especially if you want to make this into a business, it's just better to have any orders/pre-orders done on your own website. Like no shade at SFFLABS, but I just really think it's a better idea(short term, and long term) to make a new website
I dont want to collab with SFFLab, just to ask them what are they using for payments. I have my own website right now, so dont worry about it :)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I would like to concur with the user above on Shopify/Stripe (I believe Stripe is a very common payment processor for Shopify though other options are available too). This would be a better option compared to bank transfer in my opinion.

Not that I don't trust Dice or have any reason to believe he doesn't plan on getting this to completion to his best abilities, but coming back to custom MKB GBs, things can and do go wrong so I would greatly prefer to transact via a platform with good reputation (having no experience with Transfer Wise and thus have not built up any trust in that particular platform). If Shopify fees are higher than your preferred platform, I'm more than happy for you to pass it on to the buyers and would gladly pay the difference if it means going through a front-end that is reputable and is trusted by tens of thousands of online businesses on a daily basis
Stripe was the best option for me, but it didnt work in Hungary unfortunatelly. They said I need to wait until it will be ready in my country. :(

Transferwise is a virtual bank, that gives me custom European IBAN number swift code etc. While you send your money directly to my bank, the fee is about 4-5%, while through transferwise its around 0,5%, and they change valutes in the best rates probably. I talked ppl who are using transferwise, and the feedback was really good, and their support crew were helpfull aswell.

I have some options left like Barion, but I need to read more.

Reactions: bricemx

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Stripe was the best option for me, but it didnt work in Hungary unfortunatelly. They said I need to wait until it will be ready in my country. :(

Transferwise is a virtual bank, that gives me custom European IBAN number swift code etc. While you send your money directly to my bank, the fee is about 4-5%, while through transferwise its around 0,5%, and they change valutes in the best rates probably. I talked ppl who are using transferwise, and the feedback was really good, and their support crew were helpfull aswell.

Well if you know other people who have used it and it's reputable in your country, I have no problems with it. Just make sure you're not left in a position where the payment processor withholds the funds, as could easily happen with PayPal

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Thanks!
I look at Sidearmd T1 or Mjolnir and like their thickness of metal and nice edges. But understand, what this will cost a lot more.
I think about to convert the case to cncd one because I really like it aswell. Maybe in the 2.0 but with this distro, the price is really high.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020

I have a transferwise account to receive payments and I can say their support, and in general, everything, is much better than traditional banks. Regarding declaring your taxes that depends of the country, but is the only thing to be careful about.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

So do we pay with a credit card still? How do we pay?

No one should be doing wire transfers or money orders to another country for anything. There are zero consumer protections on that form of payment. Debit card/ach transactions have no required protections but some banks do protect you as a feature.

I am super duper pumped about this case but I don't feel comfortable preordering something with a bank transfer. ☹ I would have zero recourse if something went wrong.

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018
Well if you know other people who have used it and it's reputable in your country, I have no problems with it. Just make sure you're not left in a position where the payment processor withholds the funds, as could easily happen with PayPal

I've worked abroad and used trandferwise to switch funds between banks internationally. No problems at all so I'd trust it as a service5.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I think about to convert the case to cncd one because I really like it aswell. Maybe in the 2.0 but with this distro, the price is really high.
Yes, I mean I keep this, and improve it, and I have other unique case plans :p
So do we pay with a credit card still? How do we pay?

No one should be doing wire transfers or money orders to another country for anything. There are zero consumer protections on that form of payment. Debit card/ach transactions have no required protections but some banks do protect you as a feature.

I am super duper pumped about this case but I don't feel comfortable preordering something with a bank transfer. ☹ I would have zero recourse if something went wrong.
I prefer Stripe aswell, and maybe I found a solution. Stripe Atlas let me create a US bank account, their support crew recommend this option, but its a bit more complicated. Im mailing with them, to found out what is the best for me. But if Transferwise will be the option, you dont have to fear about anything. I made a business account there and also talked with them about this, and they said after I got my verification there, there will be no problem to get paid. They ask me about my Tax number, credit card, ID with photo, so they look extremely promising. And there is no money lockups after I verified mysefl. I feel your situation, and Im trying my best to make at least 2 options for everybody.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Yes, I mean I keep this, and improve it, and I have other unique case plans :p

I prefer Stripe aswell, and maybe I found a solution. Stripe Atlas let me create a US bank account, their support crew recommend this option, but its a bit more complicated. Im mailing with them, to found out what is the best for me. But if Transferwise will be the option, you dont have to fear about anything. I made a business account there and also talked with them about this, and they said after I got my verification there, there will be no problem to get paid. They ask me about my Tax number, credit card, ID with photo, so they look extremely promising. And there is no money lockups after I verified mysefl. I feel your situation, and Im trying my best to make at least 2 options for everybody.

Thanks for exploring all the available options. I for one, prefer to be able to pay with my card instead of wire transfer, it would be good to at least be able to pay by card and I think this should be one of the available options. Wire transfer will be quite a turn off for many people I'd imagine.

Reactions: kosta

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Thanks for exploring all the available options. I for one, prefer to be able to pay with my card instead of wire transfer, it would be good to at least be able to pay by card and I think this should be one of the available options. Wire transfer will be quite a turn off for many people I'd imagine.
No Problem!

If everything goes well, Stripe will be the best option, in the customers side. You can just type your credit card number, name, expire date, security number, click and boom, its done.

With Transferwise its a little bit harder. After you make the order, the webpage gives you my IBAN number, BIC number (needed for international money transfers), and my name. With your mobile app, or what you have connected to your card, you need to type this informations and the order number in the message field, send it, and its done. In your side transferwise didnt do anything. Its just give me a custom IBAN, BIC number etc. to make sure the money is not going instantly to my bank, but to my transferwise account where I can manage it with much lower fees, than regular banks. Just to be clear.

I just want to include both, maybe someone has had trouble with one or the other.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
How about that: I found out, I can create invoices in paypal what I can send in e-mail to everybody. You can pay it via Credit Card or your PayPal account, and I got the money instantly.

This is the same issues as we discussed previously. When PayPal algorithm sees a sudden influx of funds into an account that is disproportionate to the average usage on that account averaged across previous months, they can (and very often will) freeze the funds for 6 months and prevent you from withdrawing the money. This is not a position you want to be in

Reactions: DrHudacris

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
This is the same issues as we discussed previously. When PayPal algorithm sees a sudden influx of funds into an account that is disproportionate to the average usage on that account averaged across previous months, they can (and very often will) freeze the funds for 6 months and prevent you from withdrawing the money. This is not a position you want to be in
Its a fresh new business PayPal account, if thats make sence, so there is no previous usage.

o3okevin

Chassis Packer
Oct 14, 2019
The same issue would happen especially with a fresh account, since PayPal might think you're committing fraud or otherwise and lock the funds. Best to avoid PayPal imo