Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Just make sure you register with Paypal as a vendor and make sure you notify them that you're expecting large amount of payments due to pre-orders. Otherwise they can and will lock your accounts when payments come flooding in (people here who are into MKBs probably know this very well)
I would like to see an alternative to PayPal. I don't have an account and probably aren't the only one. It's just not used in my country.
Thanks for these info guys! Sorry i'm pretty new in this so every little piece help me that you share. I gonna look around how can we manage it. Btw I tested the paypal payment just today and it worked well, but may look around some other methods.

Reactions: bricemx

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Just got the colors today, powdercoated and anodized. For me the powdercoat looks way better and solid, and has a nice texture. Some tweekings need for the actual colors but really promising! Got the Lagune color aswell but just a template. Tomorrow I try to build it together the glacial and the oxidian variants, for a better look.

nikit

Efficiency Noob
Aug 16, 2019
Just got the colors today, powdercoated and anodized. For me the powdercoat looks way better and solid, and has a nice texture. Some tweekings need for the actual colors but really promising! Got the Lagune color aswell but just a template. Tomorrow I try to build it together the glacial and the oxidian variants, for a better look.

Which of the two has a matte finish? I would prefer matte but understand there are multiple more important factors.

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Which of the two has a matte finish? I would prefer matte but understand there are multiple more important factors.
The dark grey is matt, the other ones are shiny. All colors will be matt in the end, we just tested the roughness, and shine now. This grey in a darker tone will be the Oxidian, and with the same finish the white one will be the Glacial. Basically all will have the same finish in the end include Lagune texturevise. We add them a little bit of roughness. Feels much better then a regular polished one, if you keep it in your hand, and really hard to scratch.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Just a couple informationsfor you guys:
- Look like colors are selected
- Prices are fixed
- Website are ready to take payments via paypal, and credit cards
- I make some exta helpfull information about the case at the configurator just to make sure you select the right one for you.

The things are not clear 100% now:
- No assebly instructions right now, but it will be soon.
- The packaging is on the process (curently waiting the manufacturer to respond about my foam needs)
- Feets, I want some custom rubber feets that at least 10mm tall. Still looking for the best factory who can make it, but seems like it will be solved in the next days
- Glass panel mounting. The problem is the Tempered glass we use are 2mm thick, and to mount it we need to get countersunk holes for it to mount. I didnt like this idea so much, because the glass is to thin, so instead I want to get some rubber bumpers (or standoffs) that are 2mm height, where you can just push in the glass, until you secure the top/bottom panel. It will held it in place so well, it doesnt need any extra mount. (maybe the vented panels can go that way, so it will be toolless)

Because the Virus situation in China it goes slow, but it can be sloved under preorder time, I hope.

So I think in the next weekend we can start the preorder. I will tell asap in this weekend if possible.

These 2 together looking so cute (the black colors are 2 variations so not the final one)

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
How long do you plan on keeping the preorder period for and are there any limits on the number of cases available? (just asking so I can plan this out)

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Oh, mesiah @diceboii13 ?. I have a quesntion...

I had previously the louqe ghost in black. The color lookos amazing but, it was a scratch magnet, while the silver color was way better in that aspect.

Is it possible to have a scratch test JerryRigsEverything style?

an_Age

Average Stuffer
Nov 21, 2018

I had previously the louqe ghost in black. The color lookos amazing but, it was a scratch magnet, while the silver color was way better in that aspect.

If it's powdercoated, which was mentioned, it won't scratch as easy as something that's anodized for sure. Powdercoat actually covers the metal whereas anodizing just changes the color of it, no protection.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

Listen son! ?
We use powdercoating for that reason. We tested the anodized panels, whats looks worse (imo), and scratch easily, they also need extra care under manufacturing/shipping, and its more expensive aswell. We will use some harder powder thats not reflect the light much (basically matt) and also gives a rough touch to the metal (bit like a sandblasted finish). As I arrive home I can show you some tests.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
If it's powdercoated, which was mentioned, it won't scratch as easy as something that's anodized for sure. Powdercoat actually covers the metal whereas anodizing just changes the color of it, no protection.
I’m no chemist but doesn’t anodizing also add to the surface of the metal? Even if it’s much thinner than powder coating.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I’m no chemist but doesn’t anodizing also add to the surface of the metal? Even if it’s much thinner than powder coating.
Its true, in my current knowlegde, in the preparation with some cemical bath, negative charge added to the metal then in the end they paint it with some posivite charged color bath, so its much more solid than glue based colors. Its more complicated than this, but at the and you got a really thin and hard surface in the metal. Its so thin, scratches under the paint can be visible, so it needs a really good preparation.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

Here is the test. Its not the final color, its more light, and more rough than it wil be.