Predator 240 Modding Help

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 28, 2018
I have NIB Predator 240 v1.1 that I am interested in using in the future. I know there were issues with the v1.0, but I think my revision was safe from the bad O-rings.

My question is what are the best mods I can do with the Predator 240? I want a more powerful DDC pump, preferably something better built, maybe quieter than what is stock. Add a heat sink. Clean it out, new fluid, new tubes, new fittings (depending on case), new fans...

I mainly need advice about the pump. And if there are any reliability issues I need to correct for. This will either be a Radeon VII AIO or a system cooler for the Chimera MachOne. I'm also considering it for the Ghost S1, as I've read it will fit.

Thanks.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I also have a v1.1
I have a ddc 3.2 pump sitting there but havent bothered to install it as yet as I am not sure I am keeping the predator in my system yet.

I can confirm that the DDC in the predator is quite a bit noisier than my 3.2 at the required speed to keep the juices flowing. But I ramp it up under my fan curve so usually they drown each other out.

I swapped out the fans for the noctua 120mm fancy ones, and the difference from a noise perspective was massive. Definitely worth it if you are after a more silent system. Didnt really notice a performance difference, but when noise normalized its significant.

I also use mine with an EKWB CPU block (not the one that come with the predator) , 1080ti gpu block and another 240mm rad. Doesnt have too many dramas keeping things cool.

I didnt think it would fit in the ghost, from what I read, but happy to be proven wrong.

Also if you were to use it in a ghost, due to the overall thickness, I believe its thicker than the top hat is deep.

Good luck, its a good product, just a strange one, perfect concept for a SFF case, yet too big for one haha.

Reactions: lawney