Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

foxxionair

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 18, 2022
Okay that looks sick as hell!
I thought about something like that but with the original front panel.
Maybe a perfect cutout and then getting some dust filter on it.
Just finished my build but this keeps me overthinking alot.
Thanks for sharing!

chanberg

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2015
That looks great!

I've got to ask, have you tired reversing the fans? I know it looks really good this way and thermals have dropped, but I wonder how much more would they drop if the front fans were set to exhaust.

Ill definitely give it a go; but i would likely need to turn the fan on the flex psu fan to intake to create a smooth flow

Okay that looks sick as hell!
I thought about something like that but with the original front panel.
Maybe a perfect cutout and then getting some dust filter on it.
Just finished my build but this keeps me overthinking alot.
Thanks for sharing!

Yeah! i was thinking about that, but didn't want to risk ruining such a nice piece of wood. But yeah likely going make some holes in my cad model in the front to place some magnets inside for a snap on dust filter

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Managed to mock up a custom Front Panel to add two 80mm fans to them; Decreased temps about 10C; temps are finally where they need to be! was around 80-82C on GPU and CPU now it sits around 72 during Fortnite gaming;
Great idea and even better execution! Well done!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
June 21st (2022)

A few hours after I posted the previous update I was urgently called to work the next day, 4 days before planned. Due travelling I haven't had access to a computer before now. Very unfortunate, timing couldn't be worse.

I'm now trying to finish the website, but internet is very unreliable. Sorry for everyone waiting!

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
June 21st (2022)

A few hours after I posted the previous update I was urgently called to work the next day, 4 days before planned. Due travelling I haven't had access to a computer before now. Very unfortunate, timing couldn't be worse.

I'm now trying to finish the website, but internet is very unreliable. Sorry for everyone waiting!
Thanks for the update. Totally understandable, gotta make a living.

Rumpkin

Cable Smoosher
Mar 24, 2019
Hello all,

Building one of these nice PCs for my wife, but the Riser cable I thought I was going to use turns out to not fit in the case!

Anyone have any Gen4 Riser recommendations that will fit nicely in the Densium 4? (The Gen4 riser on their website is out of stock)

Thanks in advance folks. =)

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
Hello all,

Building one of these nice PCs for my wife, but the Riser cable I thought I was going to use turns out to not fit in the case!

Anyone have any Gen4 Riser recommendations that will fit nicely in the Densium 4? (The Gen4 riser on their website is out of stock)

linkup dual reverse angle 190mm

rod

Caliper Novice
Oct 29, 2020
i know the new design and materials are better but I just fail to see if the temps are going to be much better. I figure you can just slap a fan on top which is probably going to have more impact than front fans (correct me if I am wrong) but more than anything I love that you stay true to your vision and keep it as you want. Keep up the good job, I will make sure to stay posted on 4+ updates:)

I want to use this post to give an update on my pc temps because someone had a similar specs to mine:

swapped stock fan (intake) to noctua (exhaust)

temps are generally better (perhaps 5 to 10?) but the noise, oh boy you can actually feel the impact there.

It is very hard to compare before to now but considering my room was like 25 to 30 degrees and I was hitting 95 stock fan to 85 on a 30 to 35 room while running cinebench on all cores I would say it is quite worth the upgrade

granted I undervolted the cpu while on the first test I didn’t I still think it is quite an improvement

gpu temps are decent since I also made changes there, sits at 65-70 in a 30 degrees room while playing poe

cpu goes up to 70-75 while playing Csgo with fps capped to 400

specs were 5600 on z39 noctua swap and Evga 3060ti

Last edited:

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
June 22nd (2022)

Pre-Order is now live! More information is available on the website, and you'll save $40 if you order before the early-bird offer ends!

Think the website should be OK, but if you notice something I've forgot, please let me know!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Any chance of possible front panel with the cutouts for the 80mm fans in the future?
Definetly possible, been playing around with the idea myself, would not warrant much change to have 80/92mm fan mounting holes added to the bracket. Only limitation Is that I don't know how sustainable it would be, since I'm already at the lower end of minimum sustainable order quantity.

Hello all,

ADT-Link are making 195mm risers for me now, will be in stock in not too long. Might be a long time to wait for only a riser cable though.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
June 22nd (2022)

Pre-Order is now live! More information is available on the website, and you'll save $40 if you order before the early-bird offer ends!

Think the website should be OK, but if you notice something I've forgot, please let me know!

Fantastic. Will be awaiting the delivery of the white densium 4 v2 now. What’s the estimated timeline?

Small little thing about the website, on the front page (on mobile), while trying to click on the “Read More” blue button, it doesn’t seem to link to anywhere and doesn’t load anything. Tried on both iOS and Android.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
i know the new design and materials are better but I just fail to see if the temps are going to be much better. I figure you can just slap a fan on top which is probably going to have more impact than front fans (correct me if I am wrong) but more than anything I love that you stay true to your vision and keep it as you want. Keep up the good job, I will make sure to stay posted on 4+ updates:)

I want to use this post to give an update on my pc temps because someone had a similar specs to mine:

swapped stock fan (intake) to noctua (exhaust)

temps are generally better (perhaps 5 to 10?) but the noise, oh boy you can actually feel the impact there.

It is very hard to compare before to now but considering my room was like 25 to 30 degrees and I was hitting 95 stock fan to 85 on a 30 to 35 room while running cinebench on all cores I would say it is quite worth the upgrade

granted I undervolted the cpu while on the first test I didn’t I still think it is quite an improvement

gpu temps are decent since I also made changes there, sits at 65-70 in a 30 degrees room while playing poe

cpu goes up to 70-75 while playing Csgo with fps capped to 400

specs were 5600 on z39 noctua swap and Evga 3060ti

Your Ryzen 5600, I would reckon that PBO is on? And if so, what are your PPT/TDC/EDC settings? If given with motherboard limits, Ryzen will run all the way with maximum temperatures, especially since we are only able to use a low profile cooler, those temperatures would seem normal.

I have similar ambient temperatures as you, and I have tested the Ryzen 5600 with both a Noctua NH-L9a and a Thermalright AXP90-x36 in the Densium and similar sized sandwich cases, and temperatures from a stock PPT 5600 doesn’t go above 80C, whereas both coolers are keeping the 5600 at around 90C while PBO is on and PPT is at around 103W.

At least to me, it would seem that the Z39 cooler isn’t up to par, if your 5600 is at stock.

Last edited:

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Fantastic. Will be awaiting the delivery of the white densium 4 v2 now. What’s the estimated timeline?

Small little thing about the website, on the front page (on mobile), while trying to click on the “Read More” blue button, it doesn’t seem to link to anywhere and doesn’t load anything. Tried on both iOS and Android.
Timeline is still a little unclear for when the D4+V2 will be available, but I’m working on having them made just shortly after the D4V2. Reality is that I can’t afford to make it ATM, and It’s heavily dependant on how fast the D4V2 sells.

I’m contemplating lowering the production volume of the D4, at the expense of higher unit costs, but less wait time for customers interested in the D4+. Too early to decide yet though, will have to see what develops with the sale of the D4. Think I’ll order a prototype for the D4+, will recieve it when i get home in ~4 weeks, then I can put it up for pre-sale too.

ligsnf

Efficiency Noob
Jun 7, 2022
Hello, thanks for the new website it looks great!
However, I am having some trouble applying discount to order, don't know if it is supposed to be like this.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
It’
Hello, thanks for the new website it looks great!
However, I am having some trouble applying discount to order, don't know if it is supposed to be like this.

The discount code did not work as intended, and I’m aware of it. I’ll have to make it work one way or another, but it seems shopify does not support the ‘logic’ I’m looking for, I’ll make it work by the end of the day.