Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Any ETA on the 4+ v2? I really like the modifications for v2 of the regular densium 4, but prefer the little bit of extra space in the 4+.
No promises on this yet, because it's heavily dependant on how the sale of regular D4 goes.

However, I'll manufacture extra CNC parts together with the D4. These parts are the most time consuming, so It'll shorten the production time for the D4+ when it'll open for sale.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Update today, found below the pictures in main thread.

June 9th (2022)

The last pieces of the prototype will be shipped to me tomorrow, and will reach me early next week.
The shipments contains the APU prototype and front-panels.
It'll arrive together with the front-panel USB port prototype from ADT-Link too, so we'll see the D4 with an USB port for the first time. Hope it works out!

When it arrives, It'll be photographed and put up for pre-order on my website.

chanberg

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2015
Will the front aluminum frame fit the V1? Definitely need front fans; this thing is a hot toaster when gaming;

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Update today, found below the pictures in main thread.

June 9th (2022)

The last pieces of the prototype will be shipped to me tomorrow, and will reach me early next week.
The shipments contains the APU prototype and front-panels.
It'll arrive together with the front-panel USB port prototype from ADT-Link too, so we'll see the D4 with an USB port for the first time. Hope it works out!

When it arrives, It'll be photographed and put up for pre-order on my website.
Good to hear that it will up for pre-orders soon!

Quick question: The v2's CPU, RAM and GPU size compatibilities remain the same as the v1?

Gucky

Caliper Novice
May 15, 2022
So i recieved my PSU today, the Case (D4+V1) came Monday this week.
The Case has a few imperfections from the powder coating, but nothing major and a side panel was bent from the shipping. But i was able to straighten it.

In order to fit my Parts in, i had to remove the backplate from my Mainboard (Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX) and the Backplate of my GPU.
I had to dremel off the darn plastic GPU backplate...

The only problem i encountered was how to screw in the PSU. The silver screws that came with the Case didn't fit (too small or wrong threads).
And my Case came with 2 Powerbuttons with different cable links (one has both connectors labled with Power-SW). The extra Button works, so i don't need another XD.

Irish Os1r1s

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 28, 2019
So i recieved my PSU today, the Case (D4+V1) came Monday this week.
The Case has a few imperfections from the powder coating, but nothing major and a side panel was bent from the shipping. But i was able to straighten it.

In order to fit my Parts in, i had to remove the backplate from my Mainboard (Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX) and the Backplate of my GPU.
I had to dremel off the darn plastic GPU backplate...

The only problem i encountered was how to screw in the PSU. The silver screws that came with the Case didn't fit (too small or wrong threads).
And my Case came with 2 Powerbuttons with different cable links (one has both connectors labled with Power-SW). The extra Button works, so i don't need another XD.
What was the problem with the motherboard backplate, were you unable to put the side panel on due to motherboard height?

Also what GPU did you use and was the problem the same as above?

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
June 18th (2022)

Hello all!

Unfortunately, the new prototype parts did not arrive until yesterday (previously thought to reach me earlier in the week).

I estimate to need about 2-3 days for photography, editing and final touches before I open up for Pre-order. I'm in the process of taking photographs now, and I've added new photographs to the thread! Take a look above!

I'd hope to be ready for pre-order by now, but the late arrival of the prototype will delay it a couple days, but It's just around the corner. For anyone anxious to get one, It'll not affect the production date (It's already set)

Thanks for your attention and patience, and have a great weekend!

- Audun

Mashndrow

Caliper Novice
Mar 27, 2022
I don't know if it's my problem but every time I get on the website, my CPU usage goes up to %100 and I have to close and open the website again

foxxionair

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 18, 2022
Hey at all.
I just wanted to share my little experience with the Densium 4 Plus in lovely white.

Hardware used:
Cpu: i5 10400f
Mainboard: MSI B460i
Cooler: Noctua l9i
SFX: Flex Atx 600 Silverstone Plat.
GPU: Evga Rtx 3060ti XC

The whole build went pretty well and was easy from the start till the end.
From my point of view the materials which have been used are great and this case is a beauty!
Maybe the cable managment is a little challenge with the longer cables in comparison to the enhance 7660 black but i just thought a little bit more about it and there is enough space for everything.

Temps are not far away from open bench and GPU is with an reasonable Undervolt in check and noise impressively quiet.

So couldn‘t be happier with it and i would love to see more examples from others.

Thanks for designing such an awesome case for us!!! #thxdensium

Gucky

Caliper Novice
May 15, 2022
What was the problem with the motherboard backplate, were you unable to put the side panel on due to motherboard height?

Also what GPU did you use and was the problem the same as above?
Asus TUF 1660Super, was able to get one used for cheap. The fan shroud was 1-1,5mm too thick, but by removing the thick plastic backplate, i was able to bend the GPU inwards a little bit. Yes the sidepanel is touching the GPU fan shroud, but it doesn't block the Fans.

As for the Mainboard. The Backplate height was greater then the standoffs, and thus bending the metal tray, when screwed into. With it bend it was impossible to screw the tray into the Case. Sidepanel wouldn't be a Problem...well my RAM is a little higher then the Noctua L9i Cooler and is touching the Sidepanel, but it closes and doesn't bend. I could remove the RAM Heatsink, but since it fits (barely) I leave it like that.

I also made sure no Metal is touching either the Case or contacts on the Boards. For the RAM and GPU shroud touching the sidepanels, they are plastic.

I'm only missing one thing...2 pairs of rubber feet for the Case. :D

@Mashndrow Must be a Problem with Chrome. In Firefox it never gets over 5% Load...with a UV'ed 5950X...

Reactions: Irish Os1r1s

Irish Os1r1s

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 28, 2019
Asus TUF 1660Super, was able to get one used for cheap. The fan shroud was 1-1,5mm too thick, but by removing the thick plastic backplate, i was able to bend the GPU inwards a little bit. Yes the sidepanel is touching the GPU fan shroud, but it doesn't block the Fans.

As for the Mainboard. The Backplate height was greater then the standoffs, and thus bending the metal tray, when screwed into. With it bend it was impossible to screw the tray into the Case. Sidepanel wouldn't be a Problem...well my RAM is a little higher then the Noctua L9i Cooler and is touching the Sidepanel, but it closes and doesn't bend. I could remove the RAM Heatsink, but since it fits (barely) I leave it like that.

I also made sure no Metal is touching either the Case or contacts on the Boards. For the RAM and GPU shroud touching the sidepanels, they are plastic.

I'm only missing one thing...2 pairs of rubber feet for the Case. :D

@Mashndrow Must be a Problem with Chrome. In Firefox it never gets over 5% Load...with a UV'ed 5950X...
Thanks for the information. It's useful for builders and problems they may run in to.

Irish Os1r1s

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 28, 2019
Managed to mock up a custom Front Panel to add two 80mm fans to them; Decreased temps about 10C; temps are finally where they need to be! was around 80-82C on GPU and CPU now it sits around 72 during Fortnite gaming;
That looks pretty good.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
That looks great!

I've got to ask, have you tired reversing the fans? I know it looks really good this way and thermals have dropped, but I wonder how much more would they drop if the front fans were set to exhaust.
Managed to mock up a custom Front Panel to add two 80mm fans to them; Decreased temps about 10C; temps are finally where they need to be! was around 80-82C on GPU and CPU now it sits around 72 during Fortnite gaming;

Reactions: sos and Valantar