Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I'd have to increase the height to have this layout, since it would stick out beyond the edge of the motherboard

Only if you want to support dual slot, single slot fits within the boundaries of the motherboard afaik.

Reactions: rfarmer

rod

Caliper Novice
Oct 29, 2020
Quick question on the Z39 cooler. Intake or exhaust?
I am using it as exhaust with default fan. If you haven’t changed to a noctua fan i highly recommend doing it before you assemble it together. I live in a fairly warm country and it might bé a reason why it is making that much noise though. I will post back when I change mine though!

Edit: room temperature is about 27 to 30, running a 5600 at around 60c while playing Csgo and around 45-50 while idle. Sometimes it ramps up to 70-75 while playing poe because poe

Reactions: Irish Os1r1s

Irish Os1r1s

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 28, 2019
I am using it as exhaust with default fan. If you haven’t changed to a noctua fan i highly recommend doing it before you assemble it together. I live in a fairly warm country and it might bé a reason why it is making that much noise though. I will post back when I change mine though!

Edit: room temperature is about 27 to 30, running a 5600 at around 60c while playing Csgo and around 45-50 while idle. Sometimes it ramps up to 70-75 while playing poe because poe
Yes I have a Noctua fan for it, it's why I'm asking as the fan the cooler came with has no visible directional arrow you see on most fans indicating air direction.

Thanks mate.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Since we're discussing the APU layout, how would you guys feel about instead of going for full APU, we add a single slot PCIe, sacrificing some CPU cooler height, but adds to the customizability, and opens the door for an RX6400.

@Valantar @Irish Os1r1s
Here's a question: how much would that half-height slot protrude into the PSU space? Would there still be room for the 25mm thick new HDPlex GaN unit? (i.e. is the protrusion past the motherboard edge less than 15.5mm?) If so, I have a suggestion. This assumes the Densium APU will have the opposite motherboard orientation from the original, i.e. with the PCIe slot facing the PSU.

If there's a desire to make the APU version flexible/have an option for a low end dGPU: add a single full-height slot in the "reverse sandwich" position, i.e. directly above the CPU cooler, like some older SFF cases have, but also leave provisions for mounting a half-height GPU directly in the motherboard, next to the PSU, in the space normally occupied by ~half the PSU. This would of course require some sort of adapter plate in the PSU/HHHL AIC area, but it would be a small, simple piece of stamped metal (ideally with mounting provisions for an AC inlet for the HDPlex) and hopefully not too expensive. I made a very rough sketch to illustrate this (obviously there are zero accurate dimensions in this :p ):

My reasoning: both of these will be a compromise - either in CPU cooling or PSU accommodation - but a reasonable one IMO. The CPU cooling one is acceptable as you'd still be able to fit something like an LH-9A/I which is fine for this sort of hardware, while it allows for access to cheaper/higher wattage PSUs, and a HDPlex 250W unit should run any single slot HHHL GPU with any reasonable CPU just fine. Of course, that "floating" slot could also easily accommodate a HHHL card, which would block much less airflow to the CPU cooler - but at the cost of a riser (but potentially with a cheaper PSU).

This does add complexity and will most likely increase cost, but it won't (hopefully) increase the overall size of the case, while adding several flexible upgrade options for APU system builders. And, of course, anyone planning to build an APU system but add a modestly powerful GPU later on should buy the original sandwich case anyway, as they wouldn't be able to fit such a GPU into any possible version of the APU case.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
Since we're discussing the APU layout, how would you guys feel about instead of going for full APU, we add a single slot PCIe, sacrificing some CPU cooler height, but adds to the customizability, and opens the door for an RX6400.

@Valantar @Irish Os1r1s
I feel like it's not worth sacrificing cooler hight for the APU configuration, if I'm reading your comment correctly. Too niche vs full APU.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Just got my Densium yesterday, and now already looking forward to the revised one. Probably going to go for one in white now.

Did a quick post below!

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :)
As I am now running the Densium 4 with RTX 3060 Ti for quiet some time, I wanted to share my 60 sec Build! :)
So before the V2 is going to reach the shelves you can check out how easy it is to build inside the Densium 4 and how beautiful it all gets together...even with the V1 <3

(can't insert the YouTube #SHORTS as a media link to the forum)

I am more then impressed and can't wait to see the changes in the V2 by @Densium.net

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
While I was back in Norway for the past three weeks I convinced Audun to part with one of his Densium 4+ prototypes plus a couple of front panels. They've now survived the trip back to Sweden without incident despite being in a checked bag (for reference, the empty 4+ fits about five folded t-shirts, but is poorly optimized for clothes storage! Big negative! 😅 ). I'll be upgrading and downsizing my secondary travel/working away from home system into it, from my old (and noisy) OptiplRX 570 mod, moving to a 4th gen i5 I got ahold of for free, a Z97 ITX board I got cheap, and keeping the RX 570 and MeanWell+G-Unique PSU. I'm waiting on one of the Densium gen3 risers, and don't have the motherboard in hand either, so the build will come together at some point during the summer. Looking forward to it though - the case is gorgeous. And damn close to half the size of that Optiplex case, which really isn't huge to begin with.

rod

Caliper Novice
Oct 29, 2020
One of you is saying intake and the other saying exhaust. Can anyone confirm which it is?
I just said i have it as exhaust because it came like that, but i think as intake is better. You know my temps already so you can give it a spin as intake, at least that is what i will do whenever i have the time to do it

Reactions: Irish Os1r1s

Irish Os1r1s

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 28, 2019
I just said i have it as exhaust because it came like that, but i think as intake is better. You know my temps already so you can give it a spin as intake, at least that is what i will do whenever i have the time to do it
Cool, I'll try that once my mobo arrives.

Gucky

Caliper Novice
May 15, 2022
hey guys! :)
As I am now running the Densium 4 with RTX 3060 Ti for quiet some time, I wanted to share my 60 sec Build! :)
Sadly the MSI 3060Ti Aero ITX seems to be disappeared completely in Germany. Although one could buy a 3070 and the Palit/Gainward GPU cooler and build a small 3070, which fits in the D4.
i ordered since 3 June
any idea when will it ship?
I ordered mine on the 29.5 and it shipped 4 days later (and is currently waiting for a Plane). The Custom PSU was shipped yesterday.
I hope to get both next week. I'll post a Picture or 2. I will also try to fit 2 SSDs in there ^^.

The only thing im not looking forword to is reinstalling everything >_>, but i guess nobody likes that part...

Reactions: Bakaban and rfarmer

amason

Case Bender
New User
Jul 2, 2019
Any ETA on the 4+ v2? I really like the modifications for v2 of the regular densium 4, but prefer the little bit of extra space in the 4+.

Reactions: Densium.net

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Guys;
Is there any way we can sign up to be notified when the campaign for V2 is released to get the early bird offers? Thanks.
No, there is currently no way for it, but it will be live next week, and It'll last a little while, so if you visit my website regularly I don't think you'll miss it.

Reactions: ligsnf