Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Gucky

Caliper Novice
May 15, 2022
And I am waiting to have the D4+ back in sale :)
Maybe we get a SSD Mount on the wooden Frontpanel.
4 small pegs that can be screwed onto the SSD and then slide into 4 small holes in the Panel. That would be my solution in the D4+ for a SSD-Mount

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Maybe we get a SSD Mount on the wooden Frontpanel.
4 small pegs that can be screwed onto the SSD and then slide into 4 small holes in the Panel. That would be my solution in the D4+ for a SSD-Mount

Best way to integrate a SATA SSD in that formfactor would be like @sergiiua from Custom_Mod did with his FX Cases:
You can do a vertically mounted SATA SSD screwed in with two holes at the bottom of the case, right infront of the PSU.
(it would therefore need to have just enought spacing for that solution of ~7mm clearance between case pannel and PSU shroud)
I know M.2 is the best solution for space and performance, but thanks to SilverStone CP10 Slim-SATA cables (SST-CP10) its not bad for SFF. :)

Maybe a option for the V2 that would open up more storage options and get the additional 7-8mm with the PSU pushed into the CPU side
for extra height for the CPU cooler? That would add up perfectly for 47mm cooler options.

The Densium 4 is right now 220x98x190 = ~4,1L volume
With the additional 8mm in width you would be looking at 220x106x190 = ~4,43L volume and getting just with a small increase
both bigger CPU coolers and SATA SSD mounting option! :)

Now add maybe the option for 92x14mm Fan to the top for additional exhaust (maybe a integration of max. of two 92mm fans at the top and the mounting holes would be integrated in the airholes pattern and would blend just in with the design so if no fans are mounted it would be still minimalistic and clean. :)
The case would be then 234x106x190 = ~4,71L...maybe call it the Densium 47 the Agent under the SFF cases! :D
Obviously it would be needed to test if the additional exahust through the top would benefit the temps to be worth adding the additional height. :)

Last edited:

Irish Os1r1s

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 28, 2019
Good news and bad news!

The good news is that I received both my cooler and chassis today!

bad news is they are both damaged a bit.

the finish is ruined on both and the cooler fins are bent which isn't a huge deal tbh. the upsetting part is the powder coating on the chassis. its on both the top and bottom

Damn. That's concerning.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Just Checked and my order is on the way as well. I think Audun has been out at sea for the past few weeks, so I am sure he will respond soon and make all damages right. Can't wait to get my build together!

Reactions: Bakaban

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Hoping everyone gets their orders sorted out. This case is fun to build in!

Managed to squeeze in a 5800X3D and a secret GPU into a Densium 4. Check out the build log HERE!

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Does anyone know where I could buy a good PCIe Gen4 x16 bifurcation cable ? Considering the Densium 4, but I would want to run a single-slot LP RX 6400 video card & ConnectX-3 10Gb NIC. I would want PCIe 4.0 for the RX 6400. Sliger sells a Gen3 with their cases & shows what I would want in the below link for the Gen4 bifurcation cable:

If i'm not mistaking Densium sells a gen 4 riser that fits the case in their shop. I got one, yet to trmest it though.

SeoulGlo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 26, 2022
I somehow managed to order a white/cherry wood Densium 4+ yesterday (5/25/2022) and I've already received a that saying that it shipped (5/26/2022). Is this normal or should I be concerned?