Concept Poll to determine my next project

Which project would you prefer?

• 300W (Water cooled with dGPU)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 300 (Air cooled no dGPU)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 700 (I want Threadripper under 17 liters!)

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I'm nearly done selling all my Salvo 400 series cases, which are mITX cases that support full length & width video cards with an SFX power supply. I already have a few ideas about where I'd like to go next with the 300 and 700 series but I don't know which one is more desirable from within the community, so I'm starting a poll here to help me figure out which is something you'd like to see from me next.

300 Series
This would be another ITX case but I'm torn on the direction. It would be an even smaller ITX variant of the 400 series. I would have to select one of the two options and run with it:
1. Air cooled CPU for thin form-factor (~66mm total width) with no support for dGPU. (model: 300)
2. Water cooled CPU cooling (~45mm width and up to 65W TDP) with the option of adding a single-slot air cooled dGPU. (model: 300W)

700 Series
This one would be my choice because it would target around 17 liters of volume while supporting over-sized dGPUs and full-sized ATX mainboards. It would require an SFX PSU and most likely be a water-cooled-only solution. I would try to support AIO products for the CPU, but I might have to allow the option of an air-cooled GPU. This case would also have windows on two sides and support up to a 360mm x 120mm radiator. I already purchased a 1950X to use as the test-fit components for this design.

Reactions: juvenchan

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Bump + Update.

I've already started mocking up a few designs for the 300 and 700 but I discovered a few things that will need to be addressed.

I think I can actually make a case for the 300 series that supports either an air cooled CPU with no dGPU or a water-cooled CPU with a single slot dGPU. Therefore, the 300W wouldn't really exist, the 300 would be a single solution for what I previously described as two different models. It would have to be ~60mm wide which is part of the compromise.

I discovered that making an entirely water-cooled system actually increases the volume of the case over a water-cooled CPU with an air-cooled GPU. Therefore I have to ask those who were interested in this case to choose which version they would prefer:

a. ~20L All water-cooled solution (would support up to 360mm radiator, pump and reservoir)
b. ~16L AIO water-cooled CPU (up to 240mm radiator) and air-cooled GPU

Last edited:

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Ok, so one vote A and one B. I purchased an XSPC waterblock for my Vega 64 FE so I'm going to start working on an all watercooled case (A). So for now, I'm moving forward with the 700 series type A - expect a new thread around Christmas time.

Depending on the interest I get in my 400 series case after the AdoredTV video, I already have ideas on lowering the cost of that case. I would target for $150 + shipping. If I can't make that goal, they won't be produced.

Ambushes

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2017
I'd be interested in an SFF, ATX case that supports water cooling. Would it have room for custom tubing + D5 pump res?

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I'd be interested in an SFF, ATX case that supports water cooling. Would it have room for custom tubing + D5 pump res?

Yes, I'm designing it using an XSPC D5 reservoir V3 to save space. I already have the tubing, reservoir, and GPU waterblock. I'm waiting for the TR4 block and radiators (30mm thick) before I can start drawing it up in Solidworks.

Last edited:

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I like the 300 with a water cooled CPU option.

I might be able to turn this one around quickly but don't expect many to sell as I think there are quite a few options already on the market. Plus, I have everything for a watercooled Threadripper build and I'd like to finish that so I can use it for future designs. Also, I'm want to see when Raven Ridge will be released and with what specs because I think that would be a very attractive product to support.

Reactions: owliwar