Planning on building a water cooled Evolv Shift with external PSU, have some basic questions.

thisisnotdave

Case Bender
Original poster
Jun 19, 2019
Hey folks, I had a pretty ambitious idea on how to cram some serious hardware into the Evolv Shift to make a showpiece PC for my office. I currently have an i9-9900k and RTX 2080 ti in an Evolv ATX case and would like to transfer into this case. I know the biggest issue by far will be cooling for which I have an idea. I'd like to remove the SFX power supply and use the space to stuff as many radiators as I can into the case. Getting accurate measurements online has proven to be difficult so I ordered the case to measure it myself. I'ts only $100 and will be a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the custom loop and power supply components.

I know that the HDPLEX 800 will suit my needs quite well, and that I can get 2 of the 400 watt AC-DC power supplies they sell to power the thing. This is definitely a decent choice but pricey coming out to over $600. Since the HDPLEX can support a wide range of input voltages I figure it will be possible to get away with using a 48v 20a power supply like the Mean Well HRPG-1000-48. This seems like an attractive option due to size, price, and power specs. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

As far as radiators go, if I'm lucky I'll be able to fit 2 120's and 200 in the bottom of the case. Maybe 3 120's. I'll know more once I'm able to measure it and do some cad mockups. Can anyone offer input or advice on this build? I'm mostly married to this evolv due to its slim design and overall appearance.