Planning a build months in advance?

xigon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Apr 12, 2020
First of all, can I get some thoughts on this mini-itx build? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FDM7dm
Any compatibility issues?

This is a build I'm planning for in the future. So far, only the case, riser and psu have been purchased.
I plan on incrementally upgrading part by part since I can't afford it all right now, with the gpu being last because it's the most expensive and the current gpu I have now is an rx 470 (which might hold me off for a while).
It shouldn't take more than a year. I just want to know if there is a problem with doing this. Like for example, if I buy the processor today, and find out months later that there is a better gpu in my price range than the 5700 xt, would the newer gpu not be as good with the cpu?

xigon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Apr 12, 2020
These are the specs for the case, in case it's needed.

Chassis size: 30cm *(Length) * 11cm (Width) * 17cm (Heigth)
Chassis material: magnesium alloy 1.5~2.0mm, side transparent acrylic 3.0mm
Graphics support: Length<305mm, Thickness<43mm, Heigth<134mm, PCI-e Adapter: ADT01
Motherboard support: mini-ITX, 17*17cm
CPU cooler: Height <55mm
Power: Standard SFX power supply, 125x100x63.5mm
Hard disk: 2.5" 7mm SSD/HDD, 2pcs
Memory: Height < 58mm

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
A build that would hold you on the line for a long time. R5 3600 CPU can easily work with a lot of existing GPU models. An issue that I noticed is the PSU. If you are planning to run 5700XT or potentially higher level GPU, you should consider to have at least 600w of PSU.
BTW the case looks nice. Don’t forget to post your build after completing :)

Reactions: xigon

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
BTW the case looks nice. Don’t forget to post your build after completing :)
I would rather wish you to start a build log now instead of waiting after completion.
You can do a quick review of the K55 now and points out its strengths and weaknesses.
BTW, we all love pics.

Reactions: xigon and Yugo555

xigon

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Apr 12, 2020
I would rather wish you to start a build log now instead of waiting after completion.
You can do a quick review of the K55 now and points out its strengths and weaknesses.
BTW, we all love pics.
If only my pc knowledge wasn't very limited, I would. I'll definitely post pics though.