Photo Sharing Additions

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The major problem we have in hosting images is there sheer cost of the bandwidth and storage. When folks find an imagehost that is easy, they tend to chare the images off site too, to other forums, which adds to this cost. There's a reason why imagehosting sites are plastered with ads, something we don't want to do here.

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
The major problem we have in hosting images is there sheer cost of the bandwidth and storage. When folks find an imagehost that is easy, they tend to chare the images off site too, to other forums, which adds to this cost. There's a reason why imagehosting sites are plastered with ads, something we don't want to do here.
I see. I thought of a very strange solution... How about changing your profile picture everytime you want to show an image ;) ?

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I see. I thought of a very strange solution... How about changing your profile picture everytime you want to show an image ;) ?

How about no?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Every image I've posted on this forum was uploaded to imgur. Just use that and move on with your life.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Just to chime in, we have no plans to host images ourselves at this point, mostly due to reasoning inline with what @confusis has already mentioned. There are plenty of great solutions out there that are better at hosting images for end users that we could ever be.

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Just to chime in, we have no plans to host images ourselves at this point, mostly due to reasoning inline with what @confusis has already mentioned. There are plenty of great solutions out there that are better at hosting images for end users that we could ever be.
Got it. I switched to Flickr thankfully (switched to Linux reference ;)