Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Josh | NFC submitted a new resource:

PCIE Specification - PCIE expansion card specification drawing

I've found this helpful to rescale "eyeballed" sketchup GPUs or to make my own in CAD. It's worked so far for my very custom builds--everything has lined up. :)

I have no idea who it belongs to, so I can't credit it.

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Steelmint

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
This is from to the PCI-SIG and is part of the PCIe CEM, Section 6. I have the full document V1.1 which contains some interesting additional information, but I'm not sure whether it's allowed to be publicly distributed. It also contains the specs for low-profile cards and stuff like that.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
This is from to the PCI-SIG and is part of the PCIe CEM, Section 6. I have the full document V1.1 which contains some interesting additional information, but I'm not sure whether it's allowed to be publicly distributed. It also contains the specs for low-profile cards and stuff like that.

I think those are paid-for documentation. The CEM documentation offers very precise measurements for both PCB and brackets.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Maybe the Mods should take it down? My intent is not to break copyright. The picture is scattered throughout the net but that doesn't mean it's free I suppose.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
This really is somewhat of a complex issue.

In theory, they'll probably not even notice that this is uploaded here, so in that case the mods are fine. If they do notice it, they'll probably just send a cease and desist first, so if they follow that, no problem. Still, they'd probably want to keep their vests white.

What I wonder is: What would happen if somebody made a "Guide to PC expansion cards" (actively avoiding the trademark "PCIe") and made new drawings and everything and released that under public domain or another very open license? Could the PCI-SIG do anything about that whatsoever? Or if they could in theory, would it be possible to spread it fast enough to not have any chance in preventing it?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I believe dimensions can't be copyrighted so a clean re-implementation of the drawing should be ok but I'll need to look into it.