PC Building Simulator

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 20, 2017
I think I remember this from before it was on steam when it was far more limited.

I doubt the models are ultra-dimensionally accurate.

Reactions: 1461748123

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Assuming not much has changed since I was approached for my 3D modelling skills regarding a previous iteration of the game, the models are based in Sketchup then exported to the game engine.

That and the website thumbnails in the promo video scream Sketchup with the background colour and the particular shading of the models!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I think this is could be a good tool for kids or people who have never ever built a PC. It's not marketed (or priced!!!) toward this group which is a shame, but as someone who volunteers to help kids (and some adults) learn to build a PC, this is pretty neat and a helpful aid. Especially since it's not practical to drag over tons of PCs for hands on for everyone.

I'm going to contact the developers and see if I can get the MINI in there. I think with some tweaks it could be useful for people to get a grasp on what fits and what PSUs are available.

Of course there is one glaring issue...the $20 price tag. I'm not really cheap when it comes to buying computer games, but I $20 is what I'd maybe consider buying a AAA PC game for in a Steam Sale. Obviously it can't be used as an educational tool at $20 bucks a pop either. But I'll ask the dev.

@confusis I think you should get in contact with him too via Facebook and maybe set up an interview and ask him about its plans and maybe moving towards a F2P model. Maybe with sponsors and advertising?

Peace all

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 20, 2017
Of course there is one glaring issue...the $20 price tag.

Yeah, absolutely. $5-10 would be a far better pricing for it. It's more a tool then a game. It would absolutely be far more useful than just a manual in 19 different languages for someone whose never built a PC before though.

Reactions: owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
@1461748123 Don't know if you already checked, but Kevin (our company designer) has a lot of hardware/pc components 3d models.
Here is the link.

He also has other models that are not posted there yet, and can make custom ones by request.
If you need anything just PM me, maybe we can help ;)

Cheers!
Thanks a lot for the offer! :D I'm aware that Kevin has a bunch of great models on grabcad, and I use them all the time haha. I and Kevin are actually friends and I met him before in Shanghai, China as well ;)

Reactions: BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Thanks a lot for the offer! :D I'm aware that Kevin has a bunch of great models on grabcad, and I use them all the time haha. I and Kevin are actually friends and I met him before in Shanghai, China as well ;)

Very cool man, I had no idea hahah. Let's have a group talk together some time.
Good luck with the thread XD

Reactions: 1461748123

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Although it is certainly a little less fun, and geared more toward educational activities and fundamental knowledge of important computer hardware components, I often put this computer building interactive flash tool (SeaLet Studios, Cisco) into learning documents that I write. These can be useful for junior IT staff and hardware sales teams looking to provide better service.

If you click skip at the top right on start you can go straight to working with the 3D elements to build what looks to be quite a dated, but worse, non SFF system...sorry for that.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Although it is certainly a little less fun, and geared more toward educational activities and fundamental knowledge of important computer hardware components, I often put this computer building interactive flash tool (SeaLet Studios, Cisco) into learning documents that I write. These can be useful for junior IT staff and hardware sales teams looking to provide better service.

If you click skip at the top right on start you can go straight to working with the 3D elements to build what looks to be quite a dated, but worse, non SFF system...sorry for that.

Hey thanks for that link!

Reactions: bledha

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Does the game has ITX/SFF options? I can download the "extended trial" version, but I want to respect the developers. This game can actually become a POWERFUL promotion tool for case makers since potential buyers can mix and match components virtually and sees what combinations works/fit or not. I had difficulties and spent too much money than I hoped on trial and errors when building my first SFF. I have leftover Corsair PSU, Phanteks ITX case, 3x 14 cm noctua fans, 2x 12 cm corsair fans, 1x 20 cm noctua fans. Had the game came out before, and there's SFF options, I might not have to spend that much.

Reactions: Phuncz

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
I extracted the 3090FE and compared to the measurements i took from my physical card. It's not accurate enough that I would it use to design a case

MBK

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 7, 2022
BUMP again?

PC Building Simulator 2 is released with many new Gaming Hardware. Ist there any way to download those 3D Models?