Prototype Flux A01 - 16l ITX silent airflow case - 2 chamber design

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I was looking around and this case reminds me a lot of the SGPC K77 case from Taobao/Aliexpress. It only holds a 135mm tall cooler, but basically you're just adding another 20mm of width and a little height to accommodate thicker GPUs. Note the K77 also has the vents on the rear to allow for exhaust of the GPU from both side panels.

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
@Spartoi i am thinking more and more about a complette aluminum design, i have do change a little bit on the dimensions, the panels should than be around 2mm than the 5mm i have right now.
it should be possible to fit a DTX mainboard in there, but not with 2 chamber design you have to remove the middle plate.

@ermac318 yes the design looks very familiar, but exact this are the points where its different, width and the extra chamber.

the parts for the case are already ordered and should be delivered within this week, so hopefully i have all the parts here for the case.
i need also to buy a new MB, i only have ATX atm.
i am so curious about the temperature and noise measurements. they should be very good if the concept is working as intended.

JSItems

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2019
@Spartoi i am thinking more and more about a complette aluminum design, i have do change a little bit on the dimensions, the panels should than be around 2mm than the 5mm i have right now.

If you do a well-vented aluminum case (or even better, use mesh sidepanels) I would be super interested in this. Excited to see what it looks like!

anilgulalan

Caliper Novice
Feb 23, 2019
I don't think there will be a small form factor case sub 15 litres for an aftermarket gpu cooler with a good cpu cooler. That coolers are huge. They use 4 slots. That can be possible for sub 20 litres

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
@garousaitama i can do a ATX PSU support, there should be enough space, that would be a variant. 320mm GPU is not my target, the PCB of the cards mostly smaller than the cooler so they are smaller dann 300mm, but we will see.
A Morpheus with 25mm i have to check, i think its a little bit taller than my accelero extreme 3 and i build it now for this possibility.

@anilgulalan it is possible, the Ncase M1 has 12.7l and you can fit an aftermarket GPU cooler in it, the only bad think about it is that you can only use smaller CPU Air cooler, but you can fit an 240 AIO in it. The problem in this case what i see is that the airflow is a complete mess, what i have seen in some videos and on reddit the most user push the air out on the bottom, so you have to cool down the GPU with the heated air from the CPU or the other way round, that should be different in my case layout.

here is a video link to the Ncase M1 with accelero extreme cooler.

and here are a short update:
some parts are arrived but the laser cutting parts are still under progress

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
i received the the first parts i ordered. So in the last days i reworked some parts, modify them and so on...
The acrylic glass parts are laser-cutted and the alu-profiles i ordered in the correct lenght.

so here is one pic as an update:
the protective film is still on the acrylic, i am let it on until all parts are here and they are fit.

- power supply is in
- raiser card is in

next steps:
- install front button
- make some feets (maybe do some square aluminum ones????) what do you think?
- install mobo, cpu and cooler (still waiting for the mobo, ordered a new one Asus B450 strix)
- Install fans
- install gpu
- maybe cut cables from power supply

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Is there any reason the bottom/top fans couldn’t be 140mm?

I’m definitely interested to see how the compartmentalization impacts thermals. If you maintained the same height and didn’t use the riser/compartment, I think the extra compatibility of ~3 slot cards plus 25mm bottom fans would be compelling to a lot of people (like me!)

Reactions: harry2009

yuserinterface

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Interesting. Very curious if this design works better than sandwich.

I would definitely prefer GPU on top as the default instead of the alternative orientation.

Spartoi

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2018
Vented side panel(s) would be nice in addition to mounting the PSU against the vented side panel for fresh air intake like the NCASE M1. Otherwise, the PSU will suffocate or heat up with hot air from the CPU causing the PSU fan to spin up and become the loudest component in the case (most likely).

Alternatively, a vented front panel would also be effective and would work with the current case and airflow design of rear/front intake and top exhaust.

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
no there is no reason, the future design will include a option for 120 and 140mm in the bottom, in the top i have to look if there is a interference with the mobo (space from mobo to front panel is 130mm)

GPU can be switched to top, flipping the case is an option in the future.

The sidepanels are vented in the bottom, in upper main chamber i do not want that the flow comes from every side, there is a flow guidance from back to front/up. I will do tests hopefully this weekend, with and without sidepanels.
i am working also on the option to mount the PSU 90° from the position now, so the fan is on the bottom side and there will be a small breath-slot in the front. only to see how it will be, and how it looks. i think the front panel need some love from design point of view :D

stay tuned, mobo received yesterday, now i am working on assembly :)

Edit:

Last edited:

OJtheTiny

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 9, 2020
holy crap this looks great, like an ideal ITX setup on a small case, can't wait to see what you do with this

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
thank you all for the good feedback.

today just a little update:
- mounted the feets on the case, this are just placeholders, i want a square design (i am working on) with some rubber underneath.
- mounted fans

i have to do some rework on some parts and also plan to make a cover plate the PSU to hide the cables.

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
The case looks very promising. As far as I understood the air will flow from intake to CPU cooler, then PSU and than top exhaust fan. The question comes to my kind is; in case someone uses a PSU with “zero ventilation while idling“, how is the circulation will be happened? If there is always hot air pumped in the PSU, isn’t it gonna cause any disorder, noise and constant ventilation on PSU?
I am looking forward to see new test results and feedback. Good job ;)

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
Thank you very much.

yes for now i will test how the temps will be if the fan from the PSU is in front of the CPU cooler, i can flip the PSU by 180° so the fan is in the front position.
also it is possible to flip it only 90° an make a small cutout in the front for fresh air for the PSU.