Written by Chris (aka Revenant)
We are currently building a database of GPUs, and the very first one tested is the GTX 1080. As the database grows, we thought it would be fun to share some of the test results with you.
In May of 2016 Nvidia officially launched their Pascal line of GPUs starting with GTX 1080. It was a step ahead of all the competition, and only got better as the drivers matured. Moreover, it sipped power at only 180 watts, overclocked like a champ, and could be pretty quiet with even the Founders Edition blower cooler. With Pascal, Nvidia created one of the most revered, sought after, and respected GPU lines released since the 3Dfx Voodoo2.
…and Nvidia has been kicking themselves since then. Anyone remember the RTX 3000 series launch video? The one where Jensen outright said “To all my Pascal gamer friends; it...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Always wanted a 1080, was always out of reach for me :( Looking forward to more testing!

Reactions: Revenant

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Had a 1080 for the longest time, as I skipped the 2xxx series, but couldn't run a lot of games at Max/ultra on 1440. Doom 2016 would just black screen showing a few flame particles during loading screens.

My 3080 on the other hand? Glorious.

Great review! Much appreciated knowing I can throw this I'm my girlfriend's kid's PC and have it crush at 1080p. Now to find the stock cooler...lol

sneedster

Trash Compacter
Apr 22, 2022
not to sound like an nvidia fanatic but in my experience fsr 2.0 is still a far, far cry from dlss. motion artefacting is awful with fsr. i find the two technologies hardly comparable in all honesty.