Log NR200P MAX + 160mm / 140 Fans + De-shroud mod

3rotor

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
On my quest to see if i can fit some giant fans in the case:

Dual 160s on the side panel to try a de-shroud mod for the newer vertical gpu design, have always appreciated the de-shroud idea, countless fans have stopped working over the years and older gpus are limited by what size noisy crap fan they can find.

160s above the radiator, actually fit, as do the side panel! the case internally needs some cutting to clear the bulky fans for a side mount. edit: if you used 140mm fans it would clear internally without cutting.

140s under the card as an intake will fit but requires alot of vice pressing to flatten out the steel. not sure if its actually worth it. I have a 6mm alu packer to raise the card clear off the mount and regular 25mm fans fit fine.

from the top down:
replace included Sickleflow 140 (included in the max aio) for Artic P14 PWM PST (140 x 27mm)
Install 2x Silverstone shark force 160 (160 x 160 x 25 - holes for 140) into the door panel
Either run BeQuiet pure wings 2 (120x120x25) or the sickleflows in the bottom.

Thought i would post up some progress so far:

still researching what the difference if any would be for the lower fans sickleflow 140 vs pure wings 120

fans used:
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/sickleflow-140-argb/
https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/fans/SF160-ARGB/
https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/449

can only be mounted in the top section due to holes on radiator

radiator can only be screwed in from one side:

front fan will foul the hole for the roof panel plug, will need snipping off, or grid a bit out of the fan shroud

tight clearance for the lower 140s, also no mounting holes

note you will loose access to your top port, hdmi/display port etc.

the lower panel fits 120mm fans easily - however i found they to chatter and cavitate without a spacer, 140s have plenty of room and are silent!

3rotor

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
Did quite alot of testing, found the stock sickleflow 140s to be quite poor performing compared to the artic P14 i had lying around. I will be putting the Arctic P14s in the stock radiator fan spot.

The BeQuiet 120s made alot of interference noise once screwed onto the bottom panel, they really need an air gap much like the 160mm fans, i have opted for using the sickleflow fans for the bottom intake 140s, With the metal stiffing bend it gives just the right amount of clearance.

To assist and steady the graphics card, ill be drilling and screwing a hole into the frame at the lower 'feet' to help stop bigger cards from sagging. (note this is not the intended card, im planning to use my inno 3080 for the time being and get the case ready for 7900xtx/4090

The 140s in the bottom are sitting too tight next to the power cable, ill mod the fans down a bit to help with clearance, trying to think of a way to bolt them in.

Silverstone 160mm in position, testing adding air gap. still plenty of room to clear a 2 slot gfx card

Reactions: thelaughingman

3rotor

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
have been trying to space the fans as close to the two slot gpu as i can, if you mount the fans flat onto the side panel there is alot of noise and air interference, once ive got the right gap found ill order some countersunk black screws to suit

existing ncase m1 setup, psu failed a few years back when i had my 1080ti, replaced in a rush with any suitable card and i found a rtx3080 x4 inno that clearly didnt fit but i trimmed it down, took all the plastic off and made it go in.

started the changeover, this case is so well designed and very easy to work on, i can see why all the YT crews go on and on about its design. these gpus arent getting any smaller, and huge psu's are required. I am going to miss my ncase 3700x + 1080ti setup i had, its was near silent

tooless hdd design is great, i do wish they gave a bit more room on the front panel to run a 3.5" would of been ideal
starting to take shape and the cable management hasnt been too painful
ive had to remove two of the inno3d fans, and put the front fan mounted to the back the gpu, as i didnt want to split the heatsink just to use the fan header. the inno3d 3080 is a pretty bad design for de-shroud but its all i have for now.

can just see the clearance of the 160s against the card.

3rotor

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
forgot to add how close the riser sits with the 25m fans and the aluminium 6mm packer:

Deathegg

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2023
May I check if the 2 Silverstone 160mm fans can fit on the side rails instead of the panel? Assuming you do not have the vertical GPU.