Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
Testfitting of my custom front panel: Success :D Now the hard part begins...

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
Very ambitious for cooling that thing with a 39 mm tall cooler :-p
I'll make a 47mm cooler fit. Stay tuned :D Still pretty ambitious. On an open Testbench my Thermalright X47 Full Copper can handle the 12700k at ~120W before it begins to throttle.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
My Densium 4 arrived today, but the poor thing had no chance in that packaging material. The wood panel seemed ok, but the rest had to be replaced. Otherwise it looked nice, so looking forward to get the replacement.

Reactions: Densium.net

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
My Densium 4 arrived today, but the poor thing had no chance in that packaging material. The wood panel seemed ok, but the rest had to be replaced. Otherwise it looked nice, so looking forward to get the replacement.
Hey, sorry to hear about it. Just to make sure, have you recieved instructions to claim your replacement? If not just send me an e-mail to contact@densiumn.net :)

rod

Caliper Novice
Oct 29, 2020
I ordered my 4+ a couple weeks ago or so. Does that mean i am getting a revised 4+? Could you briefly explain the planned changes? Will it affect the size? I got an evga 3060ti just to fit it in the 4+ and i am worried about it. I dont mind waiting a bit longer for the revised version if it is worth the wait either.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
I ordered my 4+ a couple weeks ago or so. Does that mean i am getting a revised 4+? Could you briefly explain the planned changes? Will it affect the size? I got an evga 3060ti just to fit it in the 4+ and i am worried about it. I dont mind waiting a bit longer for the revised version if it is worth the wait either.
It will affect the size a little bit, but not the hardware support!

Reactions: scatterforce

mitdal369

Case Bender
New User
Mar 16, 2022
Thought I'd share some pictures of builds I'm working on with the 4 I ordered. I love the look of the cases so far.

For context, these machines are meant to be the compute portion of a storage cluster and will be connected to jbod enclosures. Because of that you'll see they don't have GPUs but HBAs instead.

The supermicro board installed into the case:

The backside:

The clearance between the fan, heatsink, and side panel. Some would call this meticulous planning, others would call it immense luck:

The exterior after closing up:

A picture of three almost completed builds:

And finally, a funny side by side between one Densium 4 and my Caselabs SMA8: