Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Someone get this man another case that can house the HDPlex 400w power supply combo. He is dying.
Ha, well, I've been pretty vocal about it I guess. Back on topic to the Densium case then: love the wood front options. Enjoyed the AR option of putting a case on my desk. Can't wait for the reveal in the Densiumstore when the prototyping is done!

Reactions: Densium.net

Bean Nuts

Trash Compacter
Mar 17, 2021
Ha, well, I've been pretty vocal about it I guess. Back on topic to the Densium case then: love the wood front options. Enjoyed the AR option of putting a case on my desk. Can't wait for the reveal in the Densiumstore when the prototyping is done!
Like how you just change the subject 🤣

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
It isn't? Can acces it just fine right now.
I think it's the link in the first post that is the issue. When I typed it in manually it worked. The link in the first post gives me an error.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for highlighting guys, the website is finished, but the encountered some problems during test orders. Our norwegian based accounting app isn’t processing transactions made in USD correctly. Problem will be fixed ASAP.

Reactions: rfarmer

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I will really consider buying one of these, because it looks really simple and nice with the wood panel and vandal switch.

However, I think you should offer mounting holes to flip the flex PSU, so that it takes in air from the bottom of the case, just like normal PSU:s do. If the intake is from within the case, the PSU is fed with warmer air, and becomes more noisy. This is especially important for these flex PSU:s that have a noisy smaller fan.

I sense that you want to make the case as compact as possible, but personally I would consider adding space for 2 92mm fans on top, as well. Even if the case is quite ventilated. And leave some space so that the fans are not pressed against the top, causing turbulence noise. The same goes for the CPU fan, which for compact cases is pressed directly against the side panel, causing turbulence noise. Same also for the GPU of course, but that is harder to fix. You just have to make the case larger. Also, some use very short motherboard standoffs to make the case even slimmer. I wouldn't use shorter than 5mm though, since it otherwise can cause problems.

That's a couple of things I learned from buying these small types of cases from taobao.

Also, I think there was talk about HDPlex in the comments. I read on reddit that HDPlex plans to phase out the current offerings, for new GaN combo units.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
I will really consider buying one of these, because it looks really simple and nice with the wood panel and vandal switch.

However, I think you should offer mounting holes to flip the flex PSU, so that it takes in air from the bottom of the case, just like normal PSU:s do. If the intake is from within the case, the PSU is fed with warmer air, and becomes more noisy. This is especially important for these flex PSU:s that have a noisy smaller fan.

I sense that you want to make the case as compact as possible, but personally I would consider adding space for 2 92mm fans on top, as well. Even if the case is quite ventilated. And leave some space so that the fans are not pressed against the top, causing turbulence noise. The same goes for the CPU fan, which for compact cases is pressed directly against the side panel, causing turbulence noise. Same also for the GPU of course, but that is harder to fix. You just have to make the case larger. Also, some use very short motherboard standoffs to make the case even slimmer. I wouldn't use shorter than 5mm though, since it otherwise can cause problems.

That's a couple of things I learned from buying these small types of cases from taobao.

Also, I think there was talk about HDPlex in the comments. I read on reddit that HDPlex plans to phase out the current offerings, for new GaN combo units.

Hello,

Regarding the flipped layout; Shouldn’t be too hard to implement in final version, i will consider my options and get back to you about this.

We’re also working on an ‘identical’ 200mm version, compatible with the same front panel. [likely up for pre-order in January]

For this particular case we will not have support for top fans, as we would have to alter the design significantly, but we’re definetly planning on making more ‘airflow optimized’ cases in the future - that being said, i’m running a 3060ti and 11400f in the prototype, hassle free. So although it wouldn’t hurt, it’s not a absolute necessity with top mounted fans.

*cracks fingers* (time for advertising lmao) when it comes to the CPU turbulence issue, we have given the case 39mm cpu cooler clearance, to support the Z39 cooler, which we also will have for sale on our website(coated black and nickel plated,) so you should pick one up ;) .

We actually have 4mm standoffs, and we have had no problems with this. The whole has a very durable powdercoating which should prevent short circuits entirely. In the prototype, the solder pins did not come in contact with the motherboard plate.

I have been in contact with hdplex regarding their new GaN units, and we plan on being an early adopter for these units. [depending on how successful kickoff we get] According to them, ETA is ‘around march.’

Reactions: Bakaban

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
We actually have 4mm standoffs, and we have had no problems with this

Just my 2C but 4mm motherboard standoffs sounds a bit too short from my experience. Although you did not run into trouble with your own prototype build, depending on the motherboards and coolers your customers are going to use this could cause issues...

NOTABLE-00092.jpg

Also consider that some motherboards have pretty thick covers / heatspreaders on the back like e.g. the new MSI Z690 Unify...

NOTABLE-00093.jpg

Apart from that, nice looking case and I whish you good success with your project!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Just my 2C but 4mm motherboard standoffs sounds a bit too short from my experience. Although you did not run into trouble with your own prototype build, depending on the motherboards and coolers your customers are going to use this could cause issues...

View attachment 1485

Also consider that some motherboards have pretty thick covers / heatspreaders on the back like e.g. the new MSI Z690 Unify...

View attachment 1484

Apart from that, nice looking case and I whish you good success with your project!

I'll be sure to update specs on my website so people are aware of this! Thanks.

Also thank you for your compliments :]

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
ps If you need the loom shortening on Flex PSU's we do have a 1.5Ton crimp machine for this purpose as we've been doing custom looms for years.

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
1. is the case compatible with modular 7660b?
2. could i take a closer look at power button design?
i use some case with inner tall power button mechanic and it is bad desgin

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
1. is the case compatible with modular 7660b?
2. could i take a closer look at power button design?
i use some case with inner tall power button mechanic and it is bad desgin
Unfortunately it’s not compatible with the GEEEK modular PSU units.

The power button is just a Black Vandal switch!