Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Awesome, gen 4 risers. Now I won't dread moving my system from its current case and risk riser isues with my 6600xt and ryzen 3600. Scary stuff not having a working display out because you forgot to set bios from auto to pcie3. Been there, done that.
Glad you're excited for the Gen4 riser!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Glad you're excited for the Gen4 riser!

just to safe you some (potential) trouble, but those "Gen4" riser cables from ADT-LINK you are offering do not work very well with PCIe Gen 4.0 - a lot of people (including me and some of my customers) tried them and most had to set PCIe back to Gen3 in BIOS.

If you want to offer a Gen4 riser option from ADT-Link I would go for their newer model (R3334). There are also some reports about compatibility issues with certain motherboards but AFAIK it works much better than the R33 model.

Bild_2022-01-26_155140.png

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
just to safe you some (potential) trouble, but those "Gen4" riser cables from ADT-LINK you are offering do not work very well with PCIe Gen 4.0 - a lot of people (including me and some of my customers) tried them and most had to set PCIe back to Gen3 in BIOS.

If you want to offer a Gen4 riser option from ADT-Link I would go for their newer model (R3334). There are also some reports about compatibility issues with certain motherboards but AFAIK it works much better than the R33 model.

View attachment 1557
1000 times thank you for the heads up - I'll inquire ADT-Link about it.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Hey Audun,

Best of luck on the fishing vessel, I can't imagine 4 weeks on a ship in the cold. Your a stronger man than me.
I am excited soon to have the Densium 4 + in my hands. Great working with you, you have made the whole process so easy. A couple of questions, where you able to get the dark panel walnut sample in, and ever get an answer with
ADT-Link regarding the R3334W riser? Thank you!

Hugo

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Hey Audun,

Best of luck on the fishing vessel, I can't imagine 4 weeks on a ship in the cold. Your a stronger man than me.
I am excited soon to have the Densium 4 + in my hands. Great working with you, you have made the whole process so easy. A couple of questions, where you able to get the dark panel walnut sample in, and ever get an answer with
ADT-Link regarding the R3334W riser? Thank you!

Hugo

Hello and thanks.

The dark walnut panel and D4+ prototype was delayed further at the Honk Kong terminal, meaning It's now confirmed I'll not recieve it before i leave for work. I'll not put it up for sale until I've validated it, so It'll have to wait another 4 weeks - and will miss this first batch.

Regarding the riser, ADT-Link assures me it's functioning correctly - But I'll have to impose some kind of insurance to my customers if they encounter any issues with it - Something like 'if the riser doesn't work in gen4 you'll only pay same price as a gen3 riser" or something. How do you think that sounds? I'll maybe update the thread to see what people think is the most fair.

After doing some research i found that there are a lot of Gen4 risers that tend to encounter compatibility issues at random - So it seems like there is a risk present no matter the model. Let me know what you think.

Audun

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
The dark walnut panel and D4+ prototype was delayed further at the Honk Kong terminal, meaning It's now confirmed I'll not recieve it before i leave for work. I'll not put it up for sale until I've validated it, so It'll have to wait another 4 weeks - and will miss this first batch.

Do you mean the dark walnut panel will miss the first batch, or the D4+ as well?

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Eh, I'm not in a rush for the D+ since I wanted to combine it with the rumored new GaN HDPlex unit of 500 watt. I believe the first versions were said to possibly appear at the end of march or something, so add in a couple of months of delay, overtime and building up stock ... Plenty of time to wait for a proper quality controlled D+. I've got my eyes on moving the current pc into a Densium unit during the summer holidays. Take your time :-)

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Eh, I'm not in a rush for the D+ since I wanted to combine it with the rumored new GaN HDPlex unit of 500 watt. I believe the first versions were said to possibly appear at the end of march or something, so add in a couple of months of delay, overtime and building up stock ... Plenty of time to wait for a proper quality controlled D+. I've got my eyes on moving the current pc into a Densium unit during the summer holidays. Take your time :-)
I'm excited for that PSU, but I've heard rumors about it in the NFC and G Unique discords for a loooooooong time. I want to say for well over a year. I'm not holding my breath for it but I hope it releases soon-ish

Reactions: Densium.net

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
I'm excited for that PSU, but I've heard rumors about it in the NFC and G Unique discords for a loooooooong time. I want to say for well over a year. I'm not holding my breath for it but I hope it releases soon-ish
Ah, well, if nothing gets released i guess there's always the option of ordering an enhance 600 flex psu from overtek, or possibly the new silverstone 600 watt flex atx that also seems to have a moderate fan profile. It's only got to power a 3600 and rx 6600 xt, thats peanuts powerwise.

Reactions: Densium.net

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
You’ll recieve yours before the summer!

Rugg

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 7, 2022
Hi,
How is the wood mounted to the front? Can it be swapped? Very interested in this.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Hi,
How is the wood mounted to the front? Can it be swapped? Very interested in this.
Hey

It’s mounted with L-shape brackets - secured with 3 screws into threaded inserts in the wood.

If you’d like to make your own custom design, it’s swappable if you’re crafty enough :)

Regards

Reactions: Rugg

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
Broke down and ordered a D4+ to replace my MI-6. Now that I got the Velkase edition ENP7660, I'm ready to throw this thing together as soon as I get it! Just wish I had something a bit faster than my Vega Nano, but the market is the market

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
I was catching up on my youtube subscriptions and saw Gucks TV featured your case at the end of his video: . I didn't understand all of it but believe he is talking about the different models you have on offer and that he'll be testing the case in the near future. Congratulations! (he'll also be testing the silverstone fx600 flex atx psu soon, yay).

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
I was catching up on my youtube subscriptions and saw Gucks TV featured your case at the end of his video: . I didn't understand all of it but believe he is talking about the different models you have on offer and that he'll be testing the case in the near future. Congratulations! (he'll also be testing the silverstone fx600 flex atx psu soon, yay).
Yeah, me and Gucks have been talking. I'll be sending him some review samples this week! We're really looking forward to it!