Production No more sandwich. W19. Up to 360AIO and custom loop. Up to full size 3-slot gpu. DDC pump. Ready for uncompromise watercooled in 10.5L console case.

Which kind of case to send to production first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
Console cases for the win. Thank you for this design, @SammyXXM Some questions... Will this case support GPU water cooling? Will it support twin CPU/GPU water cooling with something like an aphacool eisbauer setup?

Yes, but there are limitations depending on the model. D17 only support Eisaer LT pump and required L-fittings, W19 supports DDC.

Reactions: Runamok81

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
I searched up "90 degree riser" on Newegg and here is what I got:

Apparently, they all should work for slim console cases like this one

jchang91010

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2020
Watch out for the extra noise when the side panel is too close to GPU fan or any other fan intake!

Heard a honeycomb perforation helps with the noise and temperature. May be test that as an side panel option?

Again, beautiful design!

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
W19
External dimensions: (W x H x D) 66 mm x 439 mm x 345 mm
Support AIO with 360 mm and a thickness of up to 39 mm.

I really like your desing. Have you tested if an AIO fits within these dimensions? Sentry 2.0 supports an AIO with same thickness of 66 mm so I guess it shouldn't be a problem, but I am curious if you run into some limitations depending on tubings.

One observation I would like to make: wouldn't it be better if you placed the GPU at the top instead of bottom? FE 3000 cards won't have problems either way since they are flow through but other models will have restricted airflow at the bottom, this wouldn't be a problem if the GPU is at the top. Also AC power cable would be able to exit at the bottom.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Yes, that's a good idea. I thought about such a layout,for d17 it is impossible, but for w19 it is good.

Is it because of the extension of the riser cable? if so, you can basically keep the same layout with only flipping the motherboard so its upside down like we see in sandwich layouts. You are just basically taking everything and flipping it 180°.

Reactions: SammyXXM
D

Deleted member 19228

Please add 8mm to the GPU maximum width in the D17, to compatiable with some AMD GPUs
And in my silly dream, it can have three 92mm fans mounth for the deshrouded GPU and two 50mm fans hole in the side next to the GPU. A cooling beast if it came true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Runamok81

vMarco

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 17, 2020
Very interesting! Would have been an excellent alternative to my Sliger Cerberus X (the W19). Can it be also set horizontally?

yimg

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2020
One observation I would like to make: wouldn't it be better if you placed the GPU at the top instead of bottom? FE 3000 cards won't have problems either way since they are flow through but other models will have restricted airflow at the bottom, this wouldn't be a problem if the GPU is at the top. Also AC power cable would be able to exit at the bottom.

Is it because of the extension of the riser cable? if so, you can basically keep the same layout with only flipping the motherboard so its upside down like we see in sandwich layouts. You are just basically taking everything and flipping it 180°.

Why not just keep the exact same layout and mount the case stand on the other side?

Reactions: SammyXXM

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Yeah I mean that's the same thing, what I am saying is there is no need to change the internal layout for the GPU to be on top. Just an idea

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016

This vid might give a rough idea of how the D17 might perform, temps wise. The W19, even increased to a 360mm radiator, probably wouldn’t get much of a difference.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

This vid might give a rough idea of how the D17 might perform, temps wise. The W19, even increased to a 360mm radiator, probably wouldn’t get much of a difference.
Depends on the actual radiators itself. The best performing slim radiators on the market are Hardware Labs GTS series, of which GTS 240/360 is rated at 750W/1200W cooling capacity. OT was using an EK SE240 Classic in the T1 which the D17 would perform better given the nature of direct pass-through airflow of the console layout.

Even if those GTS radiators are too wide for these cases, the L-Series Stealth by HWL (standard 120mm wide) would be sufficient IMO. LS 240/360 is rated for 650W/1000W cooling capacity

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
Depends on the actual radiators itself. The best performing slim radiators on the market are Hardware Labs GTS series, of which GTS 240/360 is rated at 750W/1200W cooling capacity. OT was using an EK SE240 Classic in the T1 which the D17 would perform better given the nature of direct pass-through airflow of the console layout.

Even if those GTS radiators are too wide for these cases, the L-Series Stealth by HWL (standard 120mm wide) would be sufficient IMO. LS 240/360 is rated for 650W/1000W cooling capacity
Oh really? Good to know.