S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Dude I'm not cutting into my FRONT panel wrap-around bezel, but the bottom side of my wrap-around SIDE panel. The side that sits down FLAT on the table... when you place the S4M-C verrtically with the CPU down and GPU on top.

You mean when its upside down vertically?

It looks so weird with the power button on the bottom, i have to have the button at the top. Plus then the power plug is at the rear/bottom which feels more natural. Also its a little more stable when vertical this way.

Reactions: Biowarejak

ECHO

Trash Compacter
Dec 3, 2016
@Josh | NFC

I saw in the Skyreach 4 thread that you thought the Sapphire RX570 ITX ran a bit hot, and I'm inclined to agree :p

I'm currently trying to figure out how to improve its cooling, beyond just replacing the stock 92mm fan with something a bit bigger (A little taller, perhaps).

Without modding the heatsink (which I would rather avoid, being a noob :D) I can't fit a nice 120mm fan above the GPU...how might I go about moving the GPU so that it takes up the space normally left for 2.5" drives, which would give me the room on the other side of the GPU for a big fan?

(A method of GPU mounting which allowed for such movement would be pretty cool.... :D)

tumor

Chassis Packer
Jun 14, 2017
I know you fellas like a good imgur album.
I trimmed the rear of my bezel and mounted it on motherboard standoffs in order to fit the Zotac 1080.
Wasn't a big fan of the 2D bezel when I tried it out.

A mate knocked up an addressable 30 RGB strip for me. Installed it on the inside of my bezel.
This is some Linus worthy RGB density.

Works well with the Asus Aura application. It can sync to music or cpu temperature.
(I like the white scheme on a lower brightness)

rokabeka

network packet manipulator
Jul 9, 2016
A mate knocked up an addressable 30 RGB strip for me. Installed it on the inside of my bezel.

Works well with the Asus Aura application. It can sync to music or cpu temperature.

not really my style but I must admit the quality and the possibilities in there.
most likely I would also go with a low brightness white scheme which changes to red if reaches high cpu temp.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017

I think it would look better if you put some frosted acrylic strips in that gap, so it sort of spreads the light a bit.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Blinding ^^
Would be awesome if it's just one line instead of L strip, then put knight rider style sweeping pattern, have it move whenever Cortana answers.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Blinding ^^
Would be awesome if it's just one line instead of L strip, then put knight rider style sweeping pattern, have it move whenever Cortana answers.
Aura CAN sync to system sounds, not sure if it works with just specific programs. Maybe the SDK is an option :)

ryandvd

Caliper Novice
Sep 9, 2017
Received my vents and extra panel..Thank you josh

ryandvd

Caliper Novice
Sep 9, 2017
wait WHAT?! How did you get those skyslots on the top flat portion of your S4 Mini!? :D That's what I'm going for, I thought I was the first one who'd ever asked for or thought of it, lol.

Used a dremel to cut this portion sir..

Inspired from the new skyreach design..Can't remember which forum I saw a picture pointing his finger to the top portion and asked josh if it's possible to cut through that..haha..That's gave me the idea for this mods..

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Used a dremel to cut this portion sir..

Inspired from the new skyreach design..Can't remember which forum I saw a picture pointing his finger to the top portion and asked josh if it's possible to cut through that..haha..That's gave me the idea for this mods..
Ah i see! I think I was the post you saw on a forum... see that post here. lol! I didn't know I could just dremel through it!? Which dremel tool and bit did you use? Did you order a custom skyslot vent cover from Josh? I may just do that if I can get a dremel tool.

@CubanLegend you need to get your game on..
also thank you for your thread, it made me decide to get the Seagate FireCuda for my build.
Yeah I need to get this mod going, :D

And yeah, your welcome for my thread. The Seagate FireCuda is amazing for load times when you're playing a game that required you load into the worldmap or load a particular level many times. it's basically an SSD after it caches those game files.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Does anyone the got custom cables from (from Beyond Custom or wherever) happen to have their lengths handy? Thinking about ordering a set for my S4 with Z170N and GTX 1060

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
Quick question for anyone with the S4 MINI and a Noctua L9i/L9a...

Is there enough room for a 120x15 fan to be mounted above the cooler with the included fan bracket?

This would be purely for aesthetic purposes to somewhat hide the brown Noctua fan on the cooler. If it would actually negatively impact cooling I would scrap the idea.

eutholevonik

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2016
Quick question for anyone with the S4 MINI and a Noctua L9i/L9a...

Is there enough room for a 120x15 fan to be mounted above the cooler with the included fan bracket?

This would be purely for aesthetic purposes to somewhat hide the brown Noctua fan on the cooler. If it would actually negatively impact cooling I would scrap the idea.

Not enough room for that. You could remove the noctua fan and run a slim fan on the bracket but that would impact cooling.

@Thehack has made a bracket that attaches to the L9i so you can use a slim 120mm fan.
It can be found here https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/3d-printed-thingies-for-sff.6240/