S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Just preordered mine, now time to play the waiting game... Going to be researching the different PSUs for a while now, the GUnique looks great, but new HDPlex is supposedly around the corner. I would rather have the least amount of cords, although sleeved custom ones from Royal seems interesting.

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
Has anyone put feet on their s4 mini to lay it down and allow for good air suckage (lol) to the gpu? What are some good options for feet?

I had this idea in mind. Don't have an S4 yet to try it with. I'm also interested in hearing the results.

Reactions: Al Hoff

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
So I stole some ideas from ModZero but I think it turned out fairly well!

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
I had this idea in mind. Don't have an S4 yet to try it with. I'm also interested in hearing the results.
The Startech adhesive feet work OK if you don't mind it overlapping the grills.

Personally my recommendation is to use two Wundermax doorstoppers to prop the case at an angle. This is the only way Ive found to eliminate airflow problems cleanly and nonpermanently.

m_power20

Trash Compacter
May 16, 2017
Honest question. Background: I just did my september pre-order for the S4 Mini and am waiting for the new HD-Plex DC-ATX. There's a very specific top of the pyramid build, right? essentially, an ASUS Strix board, 7700k, zotac gtx 1080 mini, 32gb's of ram and a samsung 960 evo. one or two optimal fan options. That's it, right? That's as good as it gets? Can we squeeze anymore horsepower/liter out of an S4 Mini at this moment? I'm just asking because I want to do an S4-Mini god build. Separate question: what are the odds on a 1080Ti that can fit in this thing?

Reactions: CubanLegend

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
...Separate question: what are the odds on a 1080Ti that can fit in this thing?

Not possible, the PCB length on the Ti is about 26-27cm. the length of the 1080 mini including shroud is about 21cm. Highly unlikely they'll do a mini 1080Ti... but we can keep dreaming! :p

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
So I stole some ideas from ModZero but I think it turned out fairly well!
I REALLY like the black look on that build. The black (is that gaffer's tape) on the back of the SSDs is a great idea.

Honest question. Background: I just did my september pre-order for the S4 Mini and am waiting for the new HD-Plex DC-ATX. There's a very specific top of the pyramid build, right? essentially, an ASUS Strix board, 7700k, zotac gtx 1080 mini, 32gb's of ram and a samsung 960 evo. one or two optimal fan options. That's it, right? That's as good as it gets? Can we squeeze anymore horsepower/liter out of an S4 Mini at this moment? I'm just asking because I want to do an S4-Mini god build. Separate question: what are the odds on a 1080Ti that can fit in this thing?
You're right the top build is a 7700k with a 1080mini and 32GB of ram and maybe DUAL 960 EVOs, also you can fit 2 SSDs into the build. There is currently one place you could get more headroom though, in anticipation of a 1080ti mini (which i know nothing about to be honest):

The new DC-ATX is rumored to be 400Watts, You could go for a PSU from @guryhwa in his thread to go for a 400W or 500W DC-ATX, and he can pair it with a modded Dell330W Power brick that can also reach 400W or 500W. :)

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
Not possible, the PCB length on the Ti is about 26-27cm. the length of the 1080 mini including shroud is about 21cm. Highly unlikely they'll do a mini 1080Ti... but we can keep dreaming! :p

If I recall correctly isn't there a cutout in the chassis specifically to allow longer cards to pass through? I mean the card would definitely be sticking out (by about 56mm or 2.2in) and you'd have to change the front bezel to accommodate but if you're fine with those things then it is technically possible. But if you wanted it to fit fully inside the S4 Mini like @m_power20 probably meant, then yes it wouldn't be possible.

Anyways, just thought it might be worth mentioning.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
If I recall correctly isn't there a cutout in the chassis specifically to allow longer cards to pass through? I mean the card would definitely be sticking out (by about 56mm or 2.2in) and you'd have to change the front bezel to accommodate but if you're fine with those things then it is technically possible. But if you wanted it to fit fully inside the S4 Mini like @m_power20 probably meant, then yes it wouldn't be possible.

Anyways, just thought it might be worth mentioning.

True - I should rephrase - impossible if you don't want an ugly looking solution... would defeat the purpose of having the S4, frankly I just coulndn't and wouldn't do it. Size-wise @m_power20 should really be looking at the Sentry but even then heat could be an issue...

E

Elitist1

If anyone is looking for a black S4 mini and does not want to wait till September, Dreamcore.com.sg sells the case as well. The cost is the same as if you bought it from Josh direct.
really?

Last edited by a moderator:

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
HOLY CRAP. It's actually happening! No freaking way!

But guys, big problem, its running off of 2x 8-pin GPU power... No HDPLEX has that many GPU-pin power cables... this means the HDPLEX-400 might ACTUALLY become necessary! And we might actually have to talk to Larry to allow for dual 8-pin power GPU support, somehow? @Josh | NFC Looks like the dream is happening. Time to wait for the 1080ti Mini and see if we can cram thing thing into the S4 mini as well! :D

Consider my words well and truly eaten boys... Zotac you mad bunch of bastards!
I know right?

WHO WOULDVE THOUGHT that we 1080mini owners might be tempted to upgrade from our 1080mini's to 1080ti mini's?

Last edited: