Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Finally, the case I`ve been looking for! Amazing work, love everything about it.

Few questions:
- Are the dimensions final (Just below 20L)?
- Looking at the rear, there are some slots for USB, Power, and DisplayPort? These ment to be extended from the mboard? How can we extend other cables such as wifi-antenna?
- I know it fits a 280 rad, and there are no limitations in using a 240mm AIO?
- What are the supported motherboard sizes?
- Does it come with a pcie extension cable?
- Is it possible to mount the psu in different positions?
- Are the glass panels also attached with magnets?

You will ship to Norway, right? ?
Just waiting to place the order. Probably going to cost me over 300$ due to shipping & customs ?
Hey @Maniac , There are no limitations to using a 240mm since it just uses less space. You'd probably have an easier time installing a custom loop using a 240mm rad too (not saying its hard to use a 280). This case requires miniITX. The PSU has a fixed position but has more cooler height compared to other small cases with dual chamber setup. I've included a PCIE ext in the the quote list, the price will dictate the one we choose. Currently the panels use four 8lb pull force magnets to mount them and so far they hold really well. If there are any problems with the magnets we can switch to ball stud receivers (although not as satisfying to put on). The latest design on the rear I/O includes a through hole for routing 1-2 additional cables for WIFI or ethernet.

Hope this answered your questions. :)

Reactions: bricemx and Maniac

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Hey @nulio , the space there is currently slightly narrower due to how I applied drafting features on the inside faces for manufacturing. I don't think it needs to be as aggressive in the spots you highlighted so I'll look into refining that area. Thanks

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
@TaylorChiller Perfect, thanks. Your plans are to make shipping available worldwide?

Is it safe to assume that this case is not suitable for blower-type GPUs?
@Maniac Yeah, you probably won't get as good performance using a blower type GPU but thats not to say it wouldn't be fine. It probably would fine since there is a continually fresh air supply for the GPU in most situations. Do you think it would be valuable to buy a blower style GPU for testing?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
@Maniac Yeah, you probably won't get as good performance using a blower type GPU but thats not to say it wouldn't be fine. It probably would fine since there is a continually fresh air supply for the GPU in most situations. Do you think it would be valuable to buy a blower style GPU for testing?

A blower style GPU is really only going to show you how the CPU and GPU thermals can be decoupled. An axial fan GPU is going to exhaust its hot air into the case, which more than anything will heat up the air flow through a CPU cooler; whereas swapping to a blower will exhaust the GPUs hot air out the rear of the case. From a GPU perspective, the cooling will be worse on the blower simply because you're now limited to 1 fan and longer longitudinal fins for the air to pass through leading to more noise, however this will be true regardless of the chassis. So, I'd say it really depends on the situation you're trying to test.

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
The reason I'm asking is because looking at the designs, the GPU itself would get fresh air yes, but a blower-type GPU would exhaust that hot air into the bottom I/O chamber where there are no fans or vents... or am I mistaken?

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
The reason I'm asking is because looking at the designs, the GPU itself would get fresh air yes, but a blower-type GPU would exhaust that hot air into the bottom I/O chamber where there are no fans or vents... or am I mistaken?
@Maniac
There are vents along side the I/O. But they will just vent since the fans control the air in the main chamber

Reactions: Maniac

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Just as curiosity, what is your next step ?
@Walderstorn Hey! So there are a few categories that I am working on at the same time

Design: I need to finish refining small functional details, like the gpu mounting spot (literally needs a 1mm adjustment), and some other minor things. Some include making sure the case is compatible with diverse enough hardware for things like watercooling parts. The front and back grills I need to refine for a mesh option that received a lot of good feedback on instagram (i'll include that in the post here I make with the carrying bag ideas). And I need to finish designing a carrying bag.

Manufacturing: Currently still working with the factory to get quotations done for tooling and production. This has slown down a lot since the virus outbreak in China. It just is what it is. A lot of factories there don't have all their employees back yet to start up production.

Business: As the quotation process is under way I will be structuring marketing strategies, web content, and a crowdfund campaign. I am still open to the possibility of doing a pre-order route if things go even better that I project. I'll keep you in the loop.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Any more news mate? Perhaps some teasers? ?
Hey Guys, I'll send you some updates and by this next Tuesday. I also said I'd send you a video of the current build on my desk but I felt it was very rough and not too exciting to watch. So I'll assemble another one and have the videography done much better for you guys (that will have to be another date within the next few weeks). Thanks for your patience, it will be very valuable once we start marketing if quotes go right. Quotation doesn't usually take this long, but it should be speeding back up again.

Reactions: Maniac

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Alright as promised here are some teaser images of what I've been working on incrementally while I figure out production and quotes. Today was really busy for me so I didn't get as much content as I hoped but in the next few days I have some more updates for you all. Below is a variation on the grill as speaker mesh material. This is becoming slightly more popular and it was well received on an instagram post I made a few weeks ago. Finally made the parts for it manufacturable and sent it to the factory. Let me know what you guys think. My initial goal is to provide several different grill options with this case.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Looks great, do you have a timeline when you will have a prototype?
I've been making several different prototypes so far. My daily driver PC is the latest version atm. If you are referring to the all black with mesh then I'm not sure yet. I may have to make my own mold tool to form the mesh edges, or wait for the factory to make a sample. If you are referring to a factory sample prototype then that's a bit out from now, hopefully soon. Quotes need to come first .

Reactions: Bask06

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
Alright as promised here are some teaser images of what I've been working on incrementally while I figure out production and quotes. Today was really busy for me so I didn't get as much content as I hoped but in the next few days I have some more updates for you all. Below is a variation on the grill as speaker mesh material. This is becoming slightly more popular and it was well received on an instagram post I made a few weeks ago. Finally made the parts for it manufacturable and sent it to the factory. Let me know what you guys think. My initial goal is to provide several different grill options with this case.

Nice :) hope that it continues forward, really want to change my case.