New Ncase M1 build

Drue

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
I am thinking about using the M1 for my upcoming pc build. Upgrading from a pc that I built in 2012. I wanted to know if this build https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Druezy/saved/6sWsJx looks good.

I will be waiting to see what AMD brings to the table for gpus next year as I currently have a 1060 6gb which serves me well for now. I also wanted to ask about what fans to use for the bottom of the case since I know people use 120mm fans as exhausts. I was thinking about NF-F12x25. Any recommendations for my build? Thanks in advance.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Looks good.
I would consider a U9s rather than the U9b, unless you already have the u9b.
Having 2 fans on the cooler is a great idea.

I ran basically the same except I had an 8600k with the U9s and I had a gtx1080 with a Accellero 3 strapped to it for 6 months or so.
I ran rear intake and bottom exhaust with this setup and had great temps and decent noise results.

As far as I am aware from the limited reviews online, the 9th gen seems to run hot though, but from my experience the u9s is about as good as you will get from a air cooler in the ncase.
I did also try the c14s, which netted very similar themals in the case. Ultimately I wanted to go with the glass side panel and this choked the c14s. However if you are running the regular side panel, the c14s and Dark Rock TF are valid options. Do note though, in order to fit the c14s in I had to use the ATX PSU mount then put a SFX adapter in that to rotate the psu 90 degrees to allow room for the 140mm fan to fit.

I was running corsair Maglev 120mm fans in the bottom, but the Noctua's are likely better, I just preferred the black aesthetically.

Drue

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Looks good.
I would consider a U9s rather than the U9b, unless you already have the u9b.
Having 2 fans on the cooler is a great idea.

I ran basically the same except I had an 8600k with the U9s and I had a gtx1080 with a Accellero 3 strapped to it for 6 months or so.
I ran rear intake and bottom exhaust with this setup and had great temps and decent noise results.

As far as I am aware from the limited reviews online, the 9th gen seems to run hot though, but from my experience the u9s is about as good as you will get from a air cooler in the ncase.
I did also try the c14s, which netted very similar themals in the case. Ultimately I wanted to go with the glass side panel and this choked the c14s. However if you are running the regular side panel, the c14s and Dark Rock TF are valid options. Do note though, in order to fit the c14s in I had to use the ATX PSU mount then put a SFX adapter in that to rotate the psu 90 degrees to allow room for the 140mm fan to fit.

I was running corsair Maglev 120mm fans in the bottom, but the Noctua's are likely better, I just preferred the black aesthetically.
Thanks I just swapped it to the U9S. I am going to be using the glass side panel as well. I hope the temps don't get too crazy since the 9600k is using STIM, and I don't think I am risking delidding lmao.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
unless your gpu has a large enough heatsink on it to sit flush with the bottom mounted fans (e.g. the commonly used arctic accelero iii), I believe you'll want your bottom 120's as intake to avoid recycling hot air. the bottom 120's work well as exhaust when they can pull hot air directly off the heatsink and out of the case; standard gpu fans will work against that.

Drue

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
unless your gpu has a large enough heatsink on it to sit flush with the bottom mounted fans (e.g. the commonly used arctic accelero iii), I believe you'll want your bottom 120's as intake to avoid recycling hot air. the bottom 120's work well as exhaust when they can pull hot air directly off the heatsink and out of the case; standard gpu fans will work against that.
I currently just have a https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD-rev-10-11#kf. Maybe I won't even need fans until I get a more powerful card in 2019

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Agree with teodoro on that one actually.
If in fact you are running a regular open air cooler on your GPU, you would want the bottom on intake and the fans on your CPU cooler blowing to the rear of the case :)

Hopefully your temps are ok, as yeah its not impossible to delid the sTIM but its certainly harder.
If it offers any comfort I didnt delid my 8600k and temps didnt get too scary. In saying that I was running stock clock speeds.

Reactions: Drue

Drue

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Agree with teodoro on that one actually.
If in fact you are running a regular open air cooler on your GPU, you would want the bottom on intake and the fans on your CPU cooler blowing to the rear of the case :)

Hopefully your temps are ok, as yeah its not impossible to delid the sTIM but its certainly harder.
If it offers any comfort I didnt delid my 8600k and temps didnt get too scary. In saying that I was running stock clock speeds.
Alright will do that. Thanks for the tips.