GPU New Gpus with power connector at back

Tra1aW

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Nov 16, 2016
Hi!

As i am new for this forum, im here to ask a question. Does any company make any gtx 900/1000 series Gpu's with the power connectors at backside of the card, not in top of the card, as i am facing a height limit with my case (not exactly an sff, but it has the same issues with gpu sizes), and i need a new gpu to replace an old dying gtx 460

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
If it helps at all, the Asus 1060 Strix recesses the power connector to help with clearance issues.

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 28, 2016
Nice, but the problem with that card that I can see is it is much higher than the reference dimensions for a PCIe card (In fact, the power connector looks like it is in the place where a stock power connector would be.) It's really quite nice of a design, but having power connectors at the back or using EVGA Power link might be a better bet.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
True but then again all the 1060's have larger than normal sized PCBs.
The Asus model's connectors are quite a bit lower than the competition.
Take MSI for example.

The only card that I know of that remains reference sized and has power on the back is the R9 Nano.
Otherwise, the 1050/ 1050ti cards don't require any additional power.

I'll post back here if I find one.

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 28, 2016
Very true, the MSI is quite huge... I would love to see a gpu will a swiveling power connector that could either face the side like a traditional gpu, or the back.