News New ASRock Rack mATX boards (X570D4U, X570D4U-2L2T + ROMED6U-2L2T)

rickliu2000

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 7, 2020
Seems the epyc one is unavailable for purchase and there is no manual on asrock rack's website.
I am interested in getting one. It would be very nice for those pcie lens. matx boards of C621 and C422 didn't offer enough pcie lens or enough power for the cpu. This one looks appealing to me. Hope asrock rack could release more info soon.

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
Now if only Asrock can work their magic and build a threadripper m-ATX or smaller board, that would be the dream.

Reactions: gobenji

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Now if only Asrock can work their magic and build a threadripper m-ATX or smaller board, that would be the dream.

They already have the X399M Taichi for that (even though it uses TR4 and not the newer socket)

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
Yea was referring to the new gen threadripper.. I do a lot of 3D work and rendering. Asrock seem to already be making a wider itx EPYC board (ROMED4ID-2T), maybe they can do something similar for the new threadripper, though I'm aware EPYC doesn't require a M/B chipset the way threadripper would, so that made it more possible to cram all that hardware. So hoping an m-ATX is an option.

jpmomo

Trash Compacter
Feb 23, 2018
Seems the epyc one is unavailable for purchase and there is no manual on asrock rack's website.
I am interested in getting one. It would be very nice for those pcie lens. matx boards of C621 and C422 didn't offer enough pcie lens or enough power for the cpu. This one looks appealing to me. Hope asrock rack could release more info soon.
I have the romed6 and romed8 and the mini itx 570 server mb if you have any questions.

jpmomo

Trash Compacter
Feb 23, 2018
windows 10 can run on all of them but I usually wind up installing vmware esx or kvm or openstack. they are mainly designed for servers with the bmc chips built in. the romed8 actually has a type c usb which is fairly unique for server boards. they all support pcie gen 4 which is necessary for my use case (a lot of high speed gen4 nics). I use a dual socket amd epyc naples for my current desktop workstation. I might swap that out for the romed8 although I am not sure if i would take advantage of those 7 pcie 4.0 x16 slots if used as a workstation. the romed6 might be the way to go. I really didn't like the x570 that much because the cpu ran hot and it was a pita to rig a noctua cooler on it due to its weird socket mounts. I can get some pics if you want but the romed6 and d8 are just on test benches until I get them sorted. then I will design a custom case for each. i got lazy with the x570 and just put it in a lian li tu150 (aluminum with pop up handle.) another odd thing about the d6 is that it has a m.2 2260 on the bottom. I think this is pcie 4.0 x4 as well but it might be tricky to find a gen 4 2260 ssd!

Reactions: Phuncz