Log Neath's Rigs: Too many different builds!

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
Oh, it has been 2 months. Crazy, long 2 months.

Rebuilt a couple of older cases and a couple of new ones.

Revoccase MIT1-XXL
Intel i5-11600K (Gigabyte Z590I & Thermalright Silver Soul 135 Black), Leadtek RTX 3060ti "Storm X" (ITX Cooler mod)

Sirius T70
Ryzen 5 5600 (ASUS B550I & Thermalright Silver Soul 135 White), ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger ITX

Lazer3D LZX-8
Intel i5-11400 (Soyo H510I Arrogance Dragon & Thermalright AXP120-x67), ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger ITX

Baiyue M24

Ryzen 5 5600 (ASUS B550I & Thermalright AXP90-x36 Black); Powercolor RX 6500 XT ITX

Metalfish S3
Ryzen 5 5600 (ASUS B550I & Noctua L9a); MSI Mech 2X OC RX 6500 XT

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
My Densium 4 finally arrived, did a quick teardown of my K39 and transplated it over to the Densium.

Finished and all covered up

Starting the Build

Nothing too tough really, having built in many sandwich cases at the same range.

The tolerances are probably a little too tight for the motherboard backplate, and the GPU. As it would turn out, the Powercolor RX 6500 XT ITX doesn't have any backplate, so it seems fine.

Thermals are alright in the case too, with not particular toasty parts. Even if the 11500's PL1 is at 100W, and the tiny AXP90-x36 does keep it cool enough, where the GPU doesn't go too hot, but isn't the most quiet either.

All in all, for all it's early flaws, the Densium is a good looking case, and am looking forward to the revised version!

Specifications
  • Case: Densium 4 Black with Rosewood Front Panel
  • Processor: Intel i5-11500
  • Motherboard: Colorful CVN B560I Gaming
  • Ram: 16(2x8)GB Asgard Freyr 3200 CL18
  • PSU: FSP Flex 500G 80+ Silver
  • GPU: Powercolor RX 6500 XT ITX
  • Cooler: Thermalright AXP90-x36
  • Storage: 1x SP Silicon Power 1TB

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Awesome stuff. How's that Powercolor 6500XT? I mean sound and coolingwise. Should be ok based on the power draw I suppose, but still. It's very cute and super tiny at just 165mm with a clean deisgn making it an excellent recipient for a noctua fan swap.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
Awesome stuff. How's that Powercolor 6500XT? I mean sound and coolingwise. Should be ok based on the power draw I suppose, but still. It's very cute and super tiny at just 165mm with a clean deisgn making it an excellent recipient for a noctua fan swap.
I would think a Noctua fan swap would do it wonders.

Cooling wise, the fan curve cools the card to around 70C while in Heaven 1080p Ultra, with ambient at around 27C.

Noise wise, it's noisy. Very noticeable.

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
New month, and finally gotten my hands on Intel 12th gen. Just a Core i3-12100, but it's more than enough for a fun and themed build.

Got it bundled with Colorful's B660I Gaming Frozen, and one of the best looking B660 ITX boards out there, if not the best. Especially if one is looking to build a white/silver themed build. For cooling, I chose to strap a 9025mm fan on the Thermalright AXP90-x36. To top off the build, Galax's RTX 3050 Metaltop Mini.

For the case, Formula's Loli1. Very good build quality, with thick aluminium panels and great fit. After owning many mini sandwich cases, this case is up there amongst the best. (Bonus picture of it arriving at the same time as ZZAW's new A1P.)

Didn't really test thermals or performance, as it's only a 12100, temperatures are more than kept in check for normal web browsing.

Specifications
  • Case: Formula Loli1
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-12100
  • Motherboard: Colorful B660I Gaming Frozen V20
  • Ram: 16(2x8)GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16
  • PSU: Delta Electronics 500W SFX 80+ Platinum
  • GPU: Galax RTX 3050 Metaltop Mini
  • Cooler: Thermalright AXP90-x36 (with TL-B9W fan swap)
  • Case Fan (Top Exhaust): 2x Thermalright TL-9015W
  • Storage: 1x Biwin 1TB NVME

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
New month, new case. Ok, I may have an issue with buying too many cases. What may? Totally recognizing that I have an issue.

XTIA, known for their beautiful open air/frame cases, has a new case, the X Slim, that finally got off pre-order status and have shipped to early adopters. Despite encountering some early flaws with the PSU mounting, XTIA and their team were wonderful in communicating it to users and did a revision quick enough. Being an overseas customer, they informed me that it would be better for me to wait for the revisied version. Customer service and communications were top notch.

Console style case, that can be expended with the inclusion of different plates. With the increase in size, users are able to fit in a bigger CPU cooler, single slot GPU, or a dual slot GPU.

Detailed specifications can be found in their post in the forums here. On to the pictures.

For myself, I built in the L mode. 5.7L, not the smallest, and also not able to fit the biggest components either, but damn, does the case look good.

Didn't really test thermals, the RX 6500 XT and 5600G isn't particullar toasty either, and with all the mesh, it shouldn't be any issue. The Thermalright AXP120-x67 is a great cooler.

Points I noted while building in it:
Well designed & machined.
Expendable design that can be built to fit your needs.
Way too much mashing of the components to get the case to close. (Might be due to my component choices and user error first time around.)
I/O shield mounting is a little tricky, if your board doesn't have an integrated baffle.
GPU and riser cable doesn't have their dedicated mounting points.
PSU, being behind the GPU might be eating the heat output.

Overall, I like the case! It's idea is good, and the quality is just top notch. In my opinion, as an APU case in it's S form, will be the perfect use case. Don't get me wrong though, there are only some minor concerns.

Specifications
  • Case: XTIA XSlim
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
  • Motherboard: Sapphire Nitro+ B550I
  • Ram: 16(2x8)GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16
  • PSU: Myihaja Flex 700W
  • Cooler: Thermalright AXP120-x67/77 (with TL-B12S fan swap)
  • Case Fan (Top Exhaust): 2x Scythe Hachi 8015mm
  • Storage: 1x Silicon Power 1TB

Last edited:

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
How's the Sapphire motherboard, and is there anyway you can buy it outside of China?

It's basically a cut down version of the Gigabyte B550I Aorus, just with lesser stuff. One less fan header, has a proprietary fan header that is 6pin for agrb and fan, that I have only seen one Sapphire cooler use, no backplate, doesn't come with a wifi card, the VRM heatsink is decorative plastic with a couple of RGB LEDs.

Not the best board, but isn't totally horrible as it works totally fine, BIOS is alright too.

Think it is still only for the Asian markets, for now at least.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
New month, new case right?

(The P-ATX v3 is actually built and ready, but awaiting my AXP100 Copper to arrive and do a cooler swap). Shhhhhhhh.

Follow the creation thread here and my build pictures here.

Seems like Densium 4 v2s have been reaching our hands, and it's good to see builds of it!

Migrated most of parts from the XTIA over to the Densium 4 v2.

Having owned the Densium v1, it's great that building in it way easier now. Without all the kinks that the v1 had. And looking just as good. The wood front is just the thing.

Specifications
  • Case: XTIA XSlim
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
  • Motherboard: Sapphire Nitro+ B550I
  • Ram: 16(2x8)GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 CL16
  • PSU: FSP Flex 500G 80+ Silver
  • Cooler: Thermalright AXP90-x36
  • Storage: 1x Silicon Power 1TB

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
And for real now, new month, new case.

It's time, time for SFFTime's P-ATX v3. After missing the previous versions a couple of time, managed to snag the v3 during the second run.

Onwards to all the pictures, if you don't want to read.

(P-ATX v3 with ID-Cooling IS-55)

Building in the case; very easy. Box came very well flat packed, and instructions were clear and simple to follow. At 10.4L, it has ample enough space to build in and to fit components.
Theoretically, according to SFFTime, with a ATX Board, GPU thickness is limited to around 50-52mm and the height has to be within 120mm. And in practice, it is also true, as one will be able to see that I have a reference RX 6800 XT Midnight Black (still such a beautiful card). It barely fits, height and thickness, and it requires copious amounts of mashing the card down to squish PCIe cable down, and folding it very tightly, so that one is able to screw it down. It is doable, but a true dual slot card will be way better if you are going to use an ATX Board.

CPU Thermals; the 5800X is still the toastiest of the Zen3 chips, and coolers that can fit into the P-ATX v3 is limited to below 59mm. Meaning one's best options are either the Thermalright AXP100 Copper, IS-60/v2 (discontinued), the IS-55, IS-50X, Thermalright AXP90-x53/x47, or other low profile coolers. And I have no doubt that the 5800X will still manage to run free, wild and hot. I have tested the AXP100 Copper (with a fan swap), Thermalright AXP90-x47 Full Copper (with a 120mm fan swap) and the ID-Cooling IS-55 (with a fan swap), and while I have limited my PPT to 110W, and cinebench r23 runs still hit 90C easily.

Notes about CPU Coolers, with a 12015mm fan swap on the AXP100 Copper, the fan is too near the side panel, and it causes very bad turbulence at high speeds, and it ensures that I am unable to use all 4 sticks of Cosair Vengence Pro RAMs. I didn't test the stock fan (purely due to looks and appearances), although I might revisit it someday. The AXP90-x47 Full Copper with a 12025mm fan swap, and the ID-Cooling IS-55 both perform quite similiarly, with the AXP90-x47 Full Copper (x57) performing a couple of degrees better than the IS-55, with the AXP90 around 80C while gaming, and the IS-55 around 83C while gaming.

Left: (P-ATX v3 with Thermalright AXP100 Copper); Right: (P-ATX v3 with Thermalright AXP90-x47 Full Copper)

With the IS-55 now being mounted on the board now, I don't think I would change back to the AXP90 Full Copper, or test the AXP90-x53 Full Black, as it means disassembling the whole case and components, as the AXP90 mounting isn't the friendliest. Hopefully Thermalright refreshes the AXP100 Copper sometime soon but with an easier mounting system. Or come out with a cooler that is around 57-58mm thick, while using a 120mm fan.

GPU Thermals is good, considering the amount of ventilation the case has. It is undervolted, and run around 70C while playing Mechwarrior Online at 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

An all AMD build, with the Ryzen 7 5800X and RX 6800 XT, it's AM4's last hurrah for myself. Will be skipping AM5 and RX 7000 Series, as this build is more than capable for the games that I play. If 5950X prices drop drastically, I might consider getthing that though. (I guess I like to torture my low profile coolers).

All in all, a fantastic case. Very premium. (Price is premium too).

Will recommend, and also depending if you are able to snag one during it's production runs!

Specifications
  • Case: SFFTime P-ATX v3 Black
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte X570S Aero G
  • Ram: 64(4x16)GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL18
  • PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB Midnight Black
  • Cooler: ID-Cooling IS-55 ARGB (with Thermalright TL-C12015B-S fan swap)
  • Case Fan (Side Exhaust): Thermalright TL-C12015B-S
  • Storage: 1x MSI Spatium NVMe 1TB
  • Storage: 1x J2000 NVMe 2TB

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
IS-55 wasn't working out the best for myself, temperatures wise. Decided to change back to the AXP100 with a fanswap and ride the fan turburlence noise. With enough fan curve tuning, the noise isn't too bad, if the CPU fan doesn't go above 80% PWM RPM too often.

Gotten an aftermarket mounting bracket from Taobao for the AXP100 Full Copper, which allows the AXP100 to be rotated 90degrees, so that the fins will be blowing out air from the top, rather than towards the RAM sticks (with the stock bracket). On the plus side too, rotating the cooler allows me to use my four sticks of Corsair Vengence RAMs. However, this would also require the motherboard VRM heatsinks not being too ridiculously chonky, which was the reason why I gotten the Gigabyte X570S Aero. Low enough heatsink, and buildzoid says that it is a more than alright board.

Running the AXP100 with the fan in exhaust isn't recommended at all. Thermals are way worse, but worth a shot as the fan turbulence isn't as terribad.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Gotten an aftermarket mounting bracket from Taobao for the AXP100 Full Copper, which allows the AXP100 to be rotated 90degrees, so that the fins will be blowing out air from the top, rather than towards the RAM sticks (with the stock bracket). On the plus side too, rotating the cooler allows me to use my four sticks of Corsair Vengence RAMs.
Nice find!

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Geezus, that midnight black 6800 XT is just the best looking card ever. Seems robust and high quality as well. They make 2 slot 6750 XT's as well with the same dark aesthetic which is really tempting for Ghost S1 or Dan A4 users. Probably one of the last of the 2 slot gpu's, especially packing this much power and without a doubt the most beautiful. How are the fans and temps?

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
Geezus, that midnight black 6800 XT is just the best looking card ever. Seems robust and high quality as well. They make 2 slot 6750 XT's as well with the same dark aesthetic which is really tempting for Ghost S1 or Dan A4 users. Probably one of the last of the 2 slot gpu's, especially packing this much power and without a doubt the most beautiful. How are the fans and temps?
Aye, the midnight black is quite hard to top as one of the better looking GPUs. Very well made and solid too. Fan noise isn't too bad, really not that noticeable in the PATX. Temperatures wise, also great. Have it undervolted, thermals around 65C to 75C depending games.

Yeah, the reference 6750XT are really tempting too!

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
"Naturally", the first question that comes to mind here is how much bigger of a GPU can be fitted in here? What would happen if we have the case fan to the right follow the GPU temps?

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
"Naturally", the first question that comes to mind here is how much bigger of a GPU can be fitted in here? What would happen if we have the case fan to the right follow the GPU temps?
Hahaha, with an ATX board, it would seem that the reference 6800XT or any GPUs that are 2.5slot thick and 130mm in width would be the maximum.

Length wise, most GPUs shouldn't have any issue.

Ah, the right fan is following GPU temps, controlled by FanControl. To be honest, minimal impact in temperatures, as the case is already quite well ventilated, but it does try to push the hot air out in a more directed pattern.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
Gotten my 5950X a few weeks ago, and have installed in the P-ATX v3, and went back to the AXP100 Copper. Together with tidying up some of the cable mess from the previous pictures.

Been busy with Darktide, and with the undervolted 6800xt, GPU temps are around 65C to 70C. Whereas for CPU, the 5950X is toasty, in the 80C to 85C range with that AXP100. Ambient is usually around 30C to 32C.

Mounted (by everyone's favourite way: strong double sided tape) two Sunon 40x20mm fans at the top for additional exhaust. Doesn't seem to help a lot, but seems to get more hot air out of the system.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
New month, new case.

The Louqe Raw S1; got one during the sale for myself to see what the fuss is really all about.

New case needs to have old hardware in it right? B75 ITX with a 2th gen Intel i7-2600K, with 8GB of Corsair DDR3, with an ASUS 650Ti. Apparently new ITX B75 and B85 boards are still being made, and now comes with M.2 NVMe support too!

Well, I did test the Louqe RAW S1 with more modern hardware, 11600K with an Intel ARC A770, and it's all true about the RAW S1: Looks and build quality are great, but thermals are horrendous. Not particularly impressed.

In other news, my Formd T1 Reference (together with the vertical stand) just arrived too. That would probably be a better experience, I hope.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jul 28, 2021
New Year, new build right?

The FormD T1 Reference; such a beauty.

Full album is here.

Building the case: The quality is just amazing, the fit as well. Nothing really too tough while building in it. The ARC 770 barely fits, and it's a really tight fit and even though the panels do close when both top and bottom panels, it does burst out once the top/bottom panel is removed.

Thermals: The 11400 isn't particularlly warm in any situations really, in both vertical and horizontal formats in all honesty, especially since it is cooled by a SS110 and helped by 2 stupid AVC fans at the rear for intake and a 140mm pulling air out. GPU wise, I only tested in only in the vertical format, while running Darktide, the GPU hits a max of 70C (Ambient is usually around 30C).

Conclusion: Really premium in both quality and price, but without any doubt, one of the best fitting and feeling cases that I have handled. Those CNC panels are just quality work. The only limiting factor is just the reference model is limited to only 2 slots gpu that aren't super tall.

Specifications
  • Case: FormD T1 Reference Black
  • Processor: Intel 11th Generation i5-11400
  • Motherboard: MSI B560I Gaming Edge
  • Ram: 16(2x8)GB Team Group Xtreme ARGB 4000 CL28
  • PSU: Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold
  • GPU: Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition
  • Cooler: Thermalright Silver Soul 110 Black
  • Case Fan (Rear Intake): 2x AVC 60x25mm
  • Case Fan (Side Exhaust): Thermalright TL-B14B Extrem
  • Case Fan (Side Exhaust): Thermalright TL-9015B
  • Storage: 1x Sabrent Rocket 1TB