NCASE Power switch blinking red

Sdedarally

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
Hi all,

Just built a new system in the new NCase M1 V6. All seems to be in working order for a few days until I noticed that the power switch started blinking red. What could this possibly mean?

All help is appreciated, thanks.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Well, the HDD LED lights up when it's accessing the HDD. But normally if the power LED is connected too it should shine solid blue, so during HDD access you'd get red+blue=purple. If it's not lit up blue then it might be disconnected from the motherboard header, or possibly turned off in the BIOS, or the LED is dead.

You can of course turn off one or both LEDs by disconnected the wire from the corresponding header.

Sdedarally

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 28, 2019
Well, the HDD LED lights up when it's accessing the HDD. But normally if the power LED is connected too it should shine solid blue, so during HDD access you'd get red+blue=purple. If it's not lit up blue then it might be disconnected from the motherboard header, or possibly turned off in the BIOS, or the LED is dead.

You can of course turn off one or both LEDs by disconnected the wire from the corresponding header.

Thank you for the explanation Necere.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I disconnected the hdd led header too, could not stand the switching of the nice blue color light to the hyperactive switching purple light.

Reactions: Sdedarally

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere something that needs to be looked at for rev 6.1? Can it be changed for a different color or LED?
Too late for 6.1. What color would people prefer? I'm guessing white would be a popular choice. But then how to show HDD access? Any colored LED will be mixed with white (e.g., red+white=pink).

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Too late for 6.1. What color would people prefer? I'm guessing white would be a popular choice. But then how to show HDD access? Any colored LED will be mixed with white (e.g., red+white=pink).
I just hate the rapid switching, looks ugly on this beautiful case. Why would anyone even want to see hdd/ssd readings on a led. Mine switched constantly. I think is okay this way, or like a white led on a different place on the case.

Reactions: Sdedarally

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I just hate the rapid switching, looks ugly on this beautiful case. Why would anyone even want to see hdd/ssd readings on a led. Mine switched constantly. I think is okay this way, or like a white led on a different place on the case.
Remember that you can always disconnect it if you don't like it. You can also switch the power and HDD LED wires to the other header if you want to switch the colors.

SuperShires

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Maybe sell them separately with different colour options? But yeah I'd argue white would be the simplest to go for.
Is it possible to source the switch separately or are they made specifically for the Ncase?

Remember that you can always disconnect it if you don't like it. You can also switch the power and HDD LED wires to the other header if you want to switch the colors.
Is the HDD LED colour red or purple?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe sell them separately with different colour options? But yeah I'd argue white would be the simplest to go for.
Is it possible to source the switch separately or are they made specifically for the Ncase?
The switch is from one of Lian Li's suppliers. The TU-100 and some of their other cases have also used it. Not sure if customizing the LED color is feasible (MOQs and such).

Is the HDD LED colour red or purple?
Red.