NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe a option for Front I/O for just a power button?
I'll see if I can make this happen.

Will the windowed side panel from v5 still be available?
That's a good question, since I guess @Wahaha360 may want to offer a full glass side panel for V6, and that won't be backward compatible. Something we'll need to discuss I suppose.

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
@Necere & @Wahaha360
Please, please see if you can still provide a windowed panel that is also backwards compatible (v5) ?. Like the one that was already available on sfflabs.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
I think it does support the C14s with the ATX PSU bracket in place. But I know what you're getting at.

C14S will work with a 140mm fan underneath and PSU in ATX position.
C14S also works with stock PSU orientation with a 120mm fan under the sink.

Reactions: fabio

MSKS

Efficiency Noob
May 3, 2019
Will there be any exchangeable parts that will be backwards compatible with the v5? That would be really useful for the side panels in case they offer a bigger openings area for better airflow. My impression is not, but just to make sure..

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will there be any exchangeable parts that will be backwards compatible with the v5? That would be really useful for the side panels in case they offer a bigger openings area for better airflow. My impression is not, but just to make sure..
Exterior panels, front I/O, HDD brackets, and ODD bracket will be backward compatible.

Reactions: Maniac and MSKS

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is support for taller cards one of the improvements in v6?
Again, the dimensions aren't changing, so compatibility is basically the same. One difference though is the removal of this clip that holds the left side panel:

Certain cards whose PCBs are near the height limit would interfere with that clip, prompting some people to remove it or mod the card to fit. This will no longer be an issue in V6. Installation of larger cards should be slightly easier as well.

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Is it currently possible to mount 2 x 2.5" at the front ( 1 inside and 1 outside) at the same time? I know stacking is currently possible for 7mm drives on a single side, but I was thinking more along the lines of 2 x 15 mm drives 2 x 5tb, for extremely compact mass storage. I guess we could always use velcro.

P.S I'm just tossing ideas out there, whatever v6 will be, it will be awesome Necere. And I cant wait too see the official details.

jslegers

Cable Smoosher
Mar 10, 2019
Looking forward to the new version so that I can make a decision for a new and my first SSF build. Coming from a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2. Going for the new Ryzen 3000 series.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The M1 will continue to be available exclusively through SFFLab for the foreseeable future.