CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5700 Xt Gaming OC 8G
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S + Noctua NF-A9
PSU: CORSAIR SF Series, SF600
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
MISC: Noctua NF-A12x25

Pretty straight forward build. About the only issue I had was that I picked up two Noctua NF-A12x25's expecting to be able to squeeze them under the graphics card facing down.. but they don't fit under the Gigabyte RX5700 XT. So I ended up mounting one to the side of the case. The graphics card fit without any issues, I'm using the included graphics card stand, but I may end up removing it as it rubs the fan unless I have it just barely touching, so not really worth having it in. I'm also considering doing custom power cables to shorten up the PSU cables. Have them tucked away right now, but would really like shorter cables.

Enjoy and please let me know if you have any question or comments.

Domo

Can see the stand at the end of the card... going to remove it soon.

The ugly side.. =D

Would love to get a shorter PSU power extender cable. Or maybe one that does a 90 deg on the back side too.

You can see where the cables are pushing out on the side cover a bit, looks a lot worse in the picture than IRL though.

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Oct 25, 2019
Nice build!
I noticed your CPU cooler fans are opposite to what usually be. Have you done any comparison?
Also, How does the U9S perform with 3600? I am considering changing the cooler.
Thanks.

Evilpickle

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
I have the CPU cooler fans pulling outside air in.. think I went off of an Optimum Tech video. Can't remember for sure. Seeing around 60 C when gaming, so I'm really happy with this setup.

The 5700 XT can get a bit warm, but don't think there is much else I can do about that with this setup. And I don't think I'm going past manufacture recommended temps, so not overly worried about it.

dandus

Case Bender
New User
May 6, 2020
Is +80°C a standard temperature in heavy load i.e. when you're playing games? I was thinking about switching from Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB to Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB but I was worried about potentially higher temperatures. My build is quite similar to yours but I have kraken x52 on ryzen 3600 and without using bottom fans temps on RTX sit around 63°C in games (cpu below 60°C).

bmacc

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2019
FYI once the hotspot temperature hits 110C the 5700 and 5700XT will throttle. You should look to try and undervolting you GPU, it helped a lot with my temps on my 5700 XT.

Evilpickle

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
Is +80°C a standard temperature in heavy load i.e. when you're playing games? I was thinking about switching from Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB to Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB but I was worried about potentially higher temperatures. My build is quite similar to yours but I have kraken x52 on ryzen 3600 and without using bottom fans temps on RTX sit around 63°C in games (cpu below 60°C).

Yeah, this GPU runs really hot when gaming. sits next to me on the desk and I can feel heat coming out of it around the GPU area.

Evilpickle

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
So I removed the stock fans off my Gigabyte RX 5700 XT and put two Noctua NF-A12x25 fans exhausting out the bottom. I also redid the thermal paste on my CPU and put other heat-sink Noctua fan back to pulling air in as I had moved one to exhaust.

My CPU temps have dropped by over 20 deg and my GPU temps have gotten a bit better too, although not quite what my CPU is seeing. I've also noticed a massive difference when touching the side of the case, it used to be crazy hot, not its cool to the touch. I can feel a lot of hot air coming out of the bottom now though where before with the stock GPU fans I wasn't feeling much of anything

I'll post up some updated photos and thermal screenshots soon..

Evilpickle

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
ok.. so here is the stock GPU fans removed.. took me a bit to figure out what screws to remove, but came off pretty easily after that.

Like I said above, I can now feel a lot more air flow out of the bottom of the computer.. most of it hot air now.

And my system temps..

A good 25F cooler. When I pulled the heat-sink off I noticed that the thermal paste didnt cover the whole CPU.. I went with an X pattern this time. Was enough paste to push a bit out of two sides, so I'm thinking it's fully covered now.

And GPU temps.. these are a bit better also. Overall a major improvement to all my temps.