Ncase M1 (V3)

MegaDiogenes

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 25, 2018
Hey guys!

Have been looking for an active mITX community and this place looks to be as good as any other!

I've had an Ncase M1 V3 for a couple of years now. I had recently changed from the Ncase to an Antec Cube (EKWB) as I wanted a window'd mITX case, however I was deeply disappointed with the build quality of that case coupled with the poorly optimized space so I ditched it and went back to my Ncase (and it's seriously put me off purchasing anything EKWB in the future).

When I ordered my Ncase there was no option of getting a window'd side panel so a couple of weeks ago I got my brother (auto electrician) to cut a window in one of my panels. I also got some 2mm acrylic (didn't want glass as I didn't like the idea of the added weight.

Over the weekend I transplanted everything back into the Ncase together with some Cablemod paracord PSU and SATA cables (had to ditch the 24Pin motherboard cable as it is just too bulky).

I was running an NZXT Kraken X31 AIO however due to cutting out the ventilated portion of the side-panel to make way for the window, it also removed the option for uninhibited air-draw for that 120mm X31 AIO that would otherwise sit in the dual 120MM bracket (also, I wanted the layout to be clean as possible). So I ditched it and went to air. After a day's worth of cable tying and making sure I wasn't putting too much stress on connections due trying to cram all the cables in their places, I'm really stoked with how it looks!

Intel i5 4690K (4Ghz) w/ Cryorig M9 Cooler with an additional DeepCool Ultra Silent 90MM fan
ASUS 970GTX Turbo OC
16GB Kingston HyperBeast DDR3
Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97N
SIlverstone SX-500LG PSU

CPU is running a little warmer due to the smaller form factor cooler (38.C idle / 65.C Load - Prime95) however we're in the height of summer in NZ with 28.C days.

Next step will be to do a custom hard loop WC setup when I feel the itch for another challenge and money sink!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Case looks good and decent temps considering you took out the side vents. You might take a look at these cables from AliExpress, they are nylon not paracord. I like the look of paracord but the nylon are much slimmer, they are also a lot cheaper. I got a set of white ones for my upcoming MI-6 build.

Reactions: MegaDiogenes

MegaDiogenes

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 25, 2018
Cheers for the link! Are 24Pin PSU cables generally pretty interchangeable between PSU's? When I got my cablemod cables I ordered a custom set using their creator system for my Silverstone SX-500LG PSU.

At some stage I might re-drill vents in the window as I have access to step-down drill bits.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
No that is my bad, so used to most Ncases having Corsair PSUs. No the Silverstone is completely different having 24 pins on both ends. The Corsair has 24 pins on the motherboard end but 18+10 on the PSU end. Sorry about that.