Ncase M1 "tophat" mod & build

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
Great!
I am waiting for my tophat to be printed (i took the slim one).
Awesome, love to see the outcome :)

Thanks -- I had actually seen those before. Too bad they aren't in black.

I know MNPCTech sells some as well that look amazing, but they are $30.
Yeah, think they only have these in silver and gold. But they could easily be spray painted or plasti-dipped.

gadhag

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 24, 2018
Would love to see pics of a black version. I'm thinking about doing 2x 240mm radiators for the 9900k and 2080 Ti. Move the CPU radiator into the top hat and then mount the GPU radiator on the side. Should be a good way to get the heat out properly without high noise levels.

Something like that should be possible with this right? Or is there any collisions between the radiator parts/fans?

Last edited:

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
In theory, yes it should. But not tested :-)
The way I see it, only «issue» might be the tubing placement/layout.

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Here it is!

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
Wow very nice! Damn that looks smooth, very good quality print it seems. Just make sure to clean up the supports-residue before attaching the panel clips and brackets.

@RockZors & @Nord1ing The model was designed to be flush with the case frame. So if you have any issues with the front-panel not closing or the tophat pops above the top panel, it is probably because of the front-bottom-underside clip. These screw holes come out different on every printer, either just remove the clip or thread new holes slightly closer to the front, like 1-2mm. I adjusted the stl files right after seeing this on my model, so I had to thread new holes. So it could be ok on your prints.

Reactions: RockZors

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Wow very nice! Damn that looks smooth, very good quality print it seems. Just make sure to clean up the supports-residue before attaching the panel clips and brackets.

@RockZors & @Nord1ing The model was designed to be flush with the case frame. So if you have any issues with the front-panel not closing or the tophat pops above the top panel, it is probably because of the front-bottom-underside clip. These screw holes come out different on every printer, either just remove the clip or thread new holes slightly closer to the front, like 1-2mm. I adjusted the stl files right after seeing this on my model, so I had to thread new holes. So it could be ok on your prints.
I don't yet made full assembly, I'm still waiting for fan control plate with sata power connector.
Two things i done by now:
  • Drilled holes for screws (they wasn't well printed)
  • Reduced with sandpaper size of fan frames - they was around 1-1.5mm longer than there spaces on the main frame.
I will check for clip size later :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Maniac

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Here is what the printer posted for the black large. Ill add more pics when I get my case and tophat.

WOW Awesome!!
I gave up on getting this done as every quote I could find remotely local (Australia) they are asking for $200usd plus PER PRINT.

Where did you get this done?

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
I got the case yesterday, and the tophat is sitting on my porch, I'll try and take pics when I get home in a few hours.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Idk about having them reprint it but I gotta say that it looks pretty meh. The black is just so different that I almost don't think it's worth it. It would be really cool if it was an actual metal tophat so it would blend in better.

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
Idk about having them reprint it but I gotta say that it looks pretty meh. The black is just so different that I almost don't think it's worth it. It would be really cool if it was an actual metal tophat so it would blend in better.

That would be pretty expensive. What I was going to do was try plastidip this summer to match everything. But I need it to fit first.