jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
Original poster
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I'll be honest, whilst I've always liked the Ncase M1 its never really been on my radar, until I had an opportunity to pick one up for a very good price. Having handled one in person I have come to love the case, photos really do not do it justice. Especially when its beige. A massive shout out to @confusis who did the paint work on this chassis and then cut me a sweet deal to take it off his hands some time later, oh and most of the hardware in here was his at one time or another too. This is a very quick and dirty build log, I didnt take many photos and was in a rush to get my HTPC back up and running. As always click for big.

Mobo in. This is a preproduction ECS 1155 mDTX motherboard I picked up off @confusis a few years ago, along w/ the CPU and cooler.

I managed the cables, well I managed to do something with the cables.

SSD in. W/out a manual I just took a guess at how it was supposed to go together, I still have no idea if this is actually correct, there were what looked like brackets but whatever, I moved it to the other side of the panel when I put the PSU & it seems fine.

Network card in, I probably should have taken the time to find matched screws but no one will ever see this so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PSU in, I had to flip this before I was done. Maybe in the future I'll pick up another PSU or grab a different power cable but this PSU (also picked up off @confusis a few years back) has run just fine & looks the part.

First boot. This board is old enough it has no USB3 but i dug out a 2 - 3 adapter and the front panel USB worked just fine. The front panel audio isnt hooked up due to the header fouling on my network card but whatever, its hooked up to a USB DAC anyway.

All closed up and running. I just need to feed some slack down my network cables to reach the new case and my HTPC is back in action, just like it was before, only better.

Same hardware, nice enough case, substantially larger than it needs to be.